MRP / Trib. Tom Hawkins - $3000 for careless strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it being more than a fine, was more clumsy than anything else.
Still, would really prefer if our guys just didn't put themselves in these situations.. Particularly Tom who should know better

Can’t decide what would be more enjoyable:

a) Hawkins free to play and Richmond fans boo themselves hoarse as he kicks 6 against them

or

b) Gets a week, Richmond fans assume they have next week in the bag as a result, Kreuger debuts in Hawk’s place and kicks 4 on debut in a win.

There was nothing in it, the umpire made the right call despite the milking and a 50 was paid there and then. Again, what force was there? As soon as the 50 was paid we saw a miraculous recovery! The hysterical media are just itching for this sort of stuff, i doubt the MRO will even blink at this before dishing out a 2k fine or something... I would fine Hawkins just for being a numbnut!

Did Buddy give Blitz a bit of a GA whack to the face at the end of the 3rd? Or doesn't that count?

Hawkins have a week off ?..probably ..he is just about the only one who went for jumper punches
He definitely did - happened near where I sit & you could tell Buddy wasn't happy with how tight Blicavs had been playing him.

After the ball went over the line for a throw-in, Buddy turned around & looked to be an open hand shove that got Blicavs in the jaw; he was probably aiming for the shoulder but got him a bit high. Blicavs didn't really react, crowd more frustrated than anything - maybe a fine a worse, but being opened handed I doubt it will be anything more than that

Fine for a stupid, careless act.

Hopefully the MRO will recognise no harm was done, Davidson was awarded a 50metre penalty, and the umpire who was on the scene didn’t think the incident warranted anything more

The low impact and high contact gradings aren't debatable, so really it all comes down to whether Christian classifies it as intentional or careless.

I'm predicting intentional. One week.
If they take into account history, Hawkins certainly gets a week. Will give us ammunition for next time, although they are missing Jack et al.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found these...

(F) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

The sanction for Classifiable Offences will not be automatically increased where a Player has a bad record. However, the MRO has the discretion to directly refer the Player to the Tribunal in their absolute discretion under Regulation 15.12(i)(vi), which includes as a result of a bad record at AFL or State League level. Evidence in relation to the record of a Player can be tendered to the AFL Tribunal without the leave of the Chairman when the charge is directly referred to the Tribunal.

(G) IMPACT OF A GOOD RECORD

Players will not automatically receive a reduced sanction for a good record. However, if a Classifiable Offence is contested or referred to the Tribunal, a Player with an exemplary record may argue that their good record constitutes exceptional and compelling circumstances under Regulation 18.6(a)(ii) (which would make it inappropriate to apply the consequences in Appendix 1 to the determined classification). This record refers only to matches played at AFL or State League level and leave of the Tribunal Chairman is not required to tender evidence in relation to this issue. In such circumstances, the Jury members would determine the appropriate sanction in their absolute discretion.

I don't think a fine is on the table, David.
It's clearly intentional, which means a week, or nada if it's insufficient force.

Its careless, not intentional...i bet my walking frame on it....( I was going to say "Crutch" but I thought you'd swoon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back