Top 5 Copeland Trophy.

Remove this Banner Ad

That was fantastic. No one does it like us.

Congrats to Pendles and all the award winners. You do us proud.

Been moping around all week, swinging between hope and despair for next year. After watching that, hearing the boys speak, I can't wait for 2012. We are going to f$%^ing SMASH them next year.

'kn love this club.

Biggest gap between 1st and 2nd since Buckley in '03, as expected.

Thought Ball was a bit unlucky as well, only got 1 more vote this year than last, but was significantly better.

Born B&W...disappointed a lot of my 39 years, but the last 3 years...ABSOLUTELY AMAZING....AND ONLY GETTING BETTER!.

Could we have a better playing group?

May be a little emotionial....Copeland + Jack Thompson = B + W Blood

that was simply the best send off to an almost perfect season.

i joined into the stream some time into micks speech and it was interesting to hear his views of the recent happenings without the media sensationalising it.

all receipients of awards very well deserving. all good clubmen.
the one im most proud of is luke ball - what a most amazing person and talented footballer he is. had his game resurrected by some words from mick and not only becomes a respected figure in footy again, actually regains and maybe even exceeded the levels he was achieving around 7 years ago. i liked how he acknowledged the others appreciate his type of play, in & under packs etc. i pray we can find another of equal abilities before luke retires in a few years. his type are invaluable.

leon - staying or going - clearly the jury is out, but we might have an answer within a week, with trade week upon us.
travis - at the age, experience & strength to be amongst the best for the next 5 years.
dane - no signs of him stopping yet. another great speech. has a certain career post footy on the 'tonight live with daisy' show.
scott - simply the best. encouraged by his references to years ahead, not just year.

a huge thanks to jon bernard for again organising a fantastic feed to allow the masses to view an awesome show.

and cheerio mick. efforts forever appreciated. over to nathan buckley now. everyone looking forward to 2012. redemption.

that was simply the best send off to an almost perfect season.

i joined into the stream some time into micks speech and it was interesting to hear his views of the recent happenings without the media sensationalising it.

all receipients of awards very well deserving. all good clubmen.
the one im most proud of is luke ball - what a most amazing person and talented footballer he is. had his game resurrected by some words from mick and not only becomes a respected figure in footy again, actually regains and maybe even exceeded the levels he was achieving around 7 years ago. i liked how he acknowledged the others appreciate his type of play, in & under packs etc. i pray we can find another of equal abilities before luke retires in a few years. his type are invaluable.

leon - staying or going - clearly the jury is out, but we might have an answer within a week, with trade week upon us.
travis - at the age, experience & strength to be amongst the best for the next 5 years.
dane - no signs of him stopping yet. another great speech. has a certain career post footy on the 'tonight live with daisy' show.
scott - simply the best. encouraged by his references to years ahead, not just year.

a huge thanks to jon bernard for again organising a fantastic feed to allow the masses to view an awesome show.

and cheerio mick. efforts forever appreciated. over to nathan buckley now. everyone looking forward to 2012. redemption.

So agrree with you you, so stoked for 2012.....we have a beautiful playing group!

Just noticed that the Didaka Medal got the same top 7 as the Copeland! Well done to everyone who voted throughout the year.

Code:
[U][B]Didaka Medal[/B][/U]                 [U][B]Copeland Trophy[/B][/U]
1 - Pendlebury               1 - Pendlebury
2 - Swan                     2 - Swan
3 - Cloke                    3 - Cloke
4 - Ball                     4 - Ball
5 - Davis                    5 - Davis
6 - Thomas                   6 - Thomas
7 - Reid                     7 - Reid
8 - Shaw                     8 - O'Brien
9 - Beams                    9 - Blair
10 - O'Brien                 10 - Tarrant

I loved how Ball talked about the club and just seems like he really is a true Black and White man now. That he thanked the lucky stars that everythings panned out the way it was and now he's here.

And the difference between the Copeland and Didaka Medal shows how much the club rates Blair's work and obviously does his job most weeks although we don't know what that job is.

Congratulations Pendles well deserved :thumbsu: I went to bed before they finished the count will CTV upload each speech?
Yeah, CTV will have all the awards and speeches up over the next few days.

Also JB mentioned that Chrisso did an exclusive interview with Bucks that will be put up on Monday to coincide with Bucks first big interview with Mike Sheahen in the Herald Sun.

Interesting that Pendles have Buckley a lot of credit for his improvement over the past few years, saying he has worked a lot one on one with Nathan since he came back to the club.:)

Yeah, CTV will have all the awards and speeches up over the next few days.

Also JB mentioned that Chrisso did an exclusive interview with Bucks that will be put up on Monday to coincide with Bucks first big interview with Mike Sheahen in the Herald Sun.

Interesting that Pendles have Buckley a lot of credit for his improvement over the past few years, saying he has worked a lot one on one with Nathan since he came back to the club.:)

Terrific can't wait for them to be uploaded and the Buckley Sheehan interview in Mondays sun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed that the Didaka Medal got the same top 7 as the Copeland! Well done to everyone who voted throughout the year.

Code:
[U][B]Didaka Medal[/B][/U]                 [U][B]Copeland Trophy[/B][/U]
1 - Pendlebury               1 - Pendlebury
2 - Swan                     2 - Swan
3 - Cloke                    3 - Cloke
4 - Ball                     4 - Ball
5 - Davis                    5 - Davis
6 - Thomas                   6 - Thomas
7 - Reid                     7 - Reid
8 - Shaw                     8 - O'Brien
9 - Beams                    9 - Blair
10 - O'Brien                 10 - Tarrant

I think it was pretty damn close last year as well. Collectively the posters on here know their s**t. Which seems an odd thing to suggest given some of the stuff you read.

I had the good fortune of being invited to the copeland on one of the major sponser table which was next to all of the player and partners table and my top 5 would be

1.Alex Davis (by a far margin) when she bent down to speak to Didaks partner my jaw(along with the 3 blokes sitting with me) dropped to the floor.

2.Mrs Didak

3.Mrs Ball

4.Mrs Wellingham

5.Mrs Dawes

I can now see why they get all the attention on brownlow night. Better in the flesh. Geez some of these blokes are batting way above there average. There really are some advantages in being an elite sportsmen.

I have to make a special mention to John Mccarthy and his girlfriend who have an identical haircut. One of the strangest looking couples Ive seen.

Great night and very well run. The pies know how to put on a good show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back