List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldnt pay a vfl player 400k lol. No chance. If someone does good luck to him. Will always be a life member of the club and a cult hero but hes not worth that.
so came in on chips , low pay , did the job , totally helped you to a premiership, good conversion balanced , a premiership player . Sheesh. We dream of that . K give you 4

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Townsend would be in the delistment zone. Would cost minimum wage and minimum draft currency.

Though he’s not the type SOS would chase. He only values picks and disregards establishes talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's harsh and I think you've massively undersold his value and worth to the team. I don't believe for a minute Towner is in the "delistment zone" as I don't believe any of our premiership winning boys currently are. Reality is he's currently found himself out of the best 22 because we finally have competition for spots (a bloody good thing I might add) and if your form drops at any stage you'll have to win your spot back. He's a talented player, last years Liston win and holding his spot all throughout the finals validated that and I'll back him in to play senior football again for us.
That said, realistically he and our other fringe players are a target for oppo clubs as many are more than capable and not currently in the ones and if they get offered financial overs and more importantly increased job security they could probably jump ship.

Not getting a game and likely won’t unless something changes. Moore brings something different and the coaches seem to like the different dimension at the moment.

Though anything could change if we have a bad loss like the one down at Geelong that saw a few guys loose their spot and never make it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hasnt re-signed yet, likely waiting to see whats left after we have a crack at Tom Lynch, id hate to lose Towner infact id like him back in the side for September bringing the ball to ground
Unfortunately for Towner unless he gets his midfield ability back his foward days and possibly his Richmond days are over
Balta,CCJ,Chol and If Lynch comes to Richmond he wont get a look in next year

I would hope he gets a position in another team to continue his career

Great question magic . Realistically what do you want . second rounder considering you are kinda pushing him out the door ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't see why RFC would be pushing Townsend out the door. His input is invaluable.

Frankly I would shave the premium off Prestia's contract just to keep Towner if I could do it and it came own to that!!

I think there a other players more so in the hit list in terms of being moved on other than Townsend who always gives a crack

Unfortunately for Towner unless he gets his midfield ability back his foward days and possibly his Richmond days are over
Balta,CCJ,Chol and If Lynch comes to Richmond he wont get a look in next year

I would hope he gets a position in another team to continue his career
I'd hate to see him play against the Tiges. Id be too afraid he would pole drive one of our players into the ground haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still time for Towner to break in this side if he wants it, got to be knocking the door down in vfl and by all reports isn't.Has he been playing in the guts in vfl.

Short has good weapons but he’s not a player you break the bank for it’s up to him does he want big money playing for a s**t side or ok money and to win a flag

Short has good weapons but he’s not a player you break the bank for it’s up to him does he want big money playing for a s**t side or ok money and to win a flag

Multiple flags*

I literally love townsend, what he brought to the team at the pointy end of last season still gets me fired up just thinking about it. Id like to keep him, however as others have stated i reckon he will struggle to get a look in the seniors. Wouldnt begrude him if he took an offer elsewhere, will always be one of my favs.

Towno needs to be re programed to be a beast inside midfielder again, This is the only position that will be available to him and the coaches need to take this on board and play him every game in the vfl as a midfielder not only for him but also for the club.

If we get a few injuries to our midfield in the finals we are stuffed - We dont bat that deep there and need Towno to play in the similar way we played Graham

Towno needs to be re programed to be a beast inside midfielder again, This is the only position that will be available to him and the coaches need to take this on board and play him every game in the vfl as a midfielder not only for him but also for the club.

If we get a few injuries to our midfield in the finals we are stuffed - We dont bat that deep there and need Towno to play in the similar way we played Graham

Like the role he played last year when he won the Liston before the staff noticed a niche and a need for a forward defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back