List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

It may be just because i'm an old broken down ruck, but i'd be keen on getting Edwards. He's got all reports he's got all the attributes of a modern ruck, and the genuine height.

Matt Flynn and Bailey Williams can work together while he develops, but neither are ever going to be top 10 rucks in the league.

Edit: forgot about Harry Barnett. Still think Edwards has upside over all of them. Just reafirms my belief we should have moved on Jamieson. We have too much dead weight in the ruck department now.

We have picks 30,40,49 and 66 which will come into the 50’s when clubs start passing

First point of call should be Hawthorn. They have 46,52,53 and one spot left for F/S Calsher Dear and don’t need 46 to match so offer them our F4 to see if they bite

Our main aim though should be to get another pick in the 30 to 40 range giving us 3 picks overall

That would guarantee us 3 of Simpson, Freijah, Schoenmaker, M Edwards, Hastie, Roberts, Jiath, Hall, Lual, Weatherill, Sanchez, Delean, Murphy, Zakostelsky, Lloyd, A Reid, Morris, Stevens or whoever you want to add. Posters will have their own opinions on who to prioritise but there’s 18 names there

So how to get the extra pick

Trading 30 and 49 to Geelong for 32 and 36 is the most obvious but that would require Geelong to really want to get ahead of us and Brisbane

I doubt Brisbane are going to offer 42 to move one spot from 31 to 30

St Kilda (33) don’t have another pick this year or next to trade up but might do our F3 and say 49 for 33. Maybe

Carlton (34) are in a similar boat to St Kilda and are more likely to be happy with our R3 for points reasons

Both those clubs would need to be happy about moving back in this years draft

Richmond 35 and 43 is risking moving back too far. Again our F3 and 49 maybe

Collingwood (37) for our F3 and 49 I like particularly because it gets us ahead of Fremantle at 38

I like the idea of keeping 30 and taking our first choice then trying a deal with Carlton or Collingwood using our F3

Using 3 picks before 40 gives us a late pick to use on someone like Fonti, De La Rue, Nyko, Philactides, Visentini or any sliders from the initial list I mentioned

Still scope for a decent draft
Keys - thanks for all the work on points matching and trade tracking. Very helpful

Our picks will tell us a lot about kpp already on our list and our game plan.

Examples
Stevens looks like another Culley when he is playing midfield and seems slow as …
Mitch Edwards would say Jamieson won’t make it (most say he should be gone anyway) and raise doubts on Barnett being a ruck and more kpp
Murphy as a lock down kpd raises doubts on Harry Edwards
Lloyd looks surplus with Waterman and Maric

My favourites left are Murphy, Archer Reid, Zakostelsky, Edwards, Delean, Sanchez, Simpson and Freijah. I would prioritise a tall with our first pick today.

I do like the sounds of a possible announcement tonight - “With pick 1 of day 2 of the draft, West Coast select Reid”

There is more to Schoenmaker drink driving as a red flag and don’t want

When Curtin was picked his family commiserated him , it was no celebration . Felt sorry for him . Walters and friends were jubilant . I would say more chance that Curtin comes back to W A in a few years than Walters . Collard will be back soon . Hope we don't sell the farm in years to come.
Definitely noticed Curtin and family looking quite defeated after Adelaide picked him. Collard and family looked like they just received a phone call telling them a family member had passed away...

Definitely noticed Curtin and family looking quite defeated after Adelaide picked him. Collard and family looked like they just received a phone call telling them a family member had passed away...
Being selected by St Blunders has often been viewed as a death call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we’ve got Flynn, played 33 games in 8 years, had a lot of injuries. Let’s not bank on Flynn being anything more than the stats suggest.
Exactly. He was brought in as someone who can play with Bailey Williams if he's fit, and carry the ruck if Bailey goes down. We have no one else who can do that at the moment.

Presuming some Vic flog team wants to trade for access to Murphy ahead of other Vic flog teams straight up...

Wouldn't be surprised if that 40 ends up a mid 30s pick and the 49 jumps up as well.

Endorse: Murphy, Reid, Schoenmaker, Simpson

Meh: Stevens, ZZ, Edwards

Don't want with a 10ft phallus: Roberts, Morris and Hall.

Last edited:
I know we’ve got Flynn, played 33 games in 8 years, had a lot of injuries. Let’s not bank on Flynn being anything more than the stats suggest.

Assuming we draft a midfield that can actually win the contested ball this time around, all we need is ruckmen who can break even.

Last generation was too reliant on Nic Nat.

Presuming some Vic flog team wants to trade for access to Murphy ahead of other Vic flog teams straight up...

Wouldn't be surprised if that 40 ends up a mid 30s pick and the 49 jumps up as well.

Endorse: Murphy, Reid, Schoenmaker, Simpson

Meh: Stevens, ZZ, Edwards

Don't want with a 10ft phallus: Roberts, Morris and Hall.
What’s wrong with Roberts?

It may be just because i'm an old broken down ruck, but i'd be keen on getting Edwards. He's got all reports he's got all the attributes of a modern ruck, and the genuine height.

Matt Flynn and Bailey Williams can work together while he develops, but neither are ever going to be top 10 rucks in the league.

Edit: forgot about Harry Barnett. Still think Edwards has upside over all of them. Just reafirms my belief we should have moved on Jamieson. We have too much dead weight in the ruck department now.
Williams was the 5th highest rated ruck just this season....

What’s wrong with Roberts?

Plays the role we're probably crying out the least for. Reminds me of Cole.

Better players with bigger upside still on the board, he'd be a very very vanilla selection IMO, particularly when there's some decent talls available.

Keys - thanks for all the work on points matching and trade tracking. Very helpful

Our picks will tell us a lot about kpp already on our list and our game plan.

Examples
Stevens looks like another Culley when he is playing midfield and seems slow as …
Mitch Edwards would say Jamieson won’t make it (most say he should be gone anyway) and raise doubts on Barnett being a ruck and more kpp
Murphy as a lock down kpd raises doubts on Harry Edwards
Lloyd looks surplus with Waterman and Maric

My favourites left are Murphy, Archer Reid, Zakostelsky, Edwards, Delean, Sanchez, Simpson and Freijah. I would prioritise a tall with our first pick today.

I do like the sounds of a possible announcement tonight - “With pick 1 of day 2 of the draft, West Coast select Reid”

There is more to Schoenmaker drink driving as a red flag and don’t want

Delean still on the board is a good cover for missing out on Collard / Moir.

Sanchez as well another option.

Still prefer Cooper Simpson. He cuts some crazy subtle angles we haven't seen for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back