List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan82 Can you please distil this into actual information?

Seems like there's a lot of BS padding designed to make you sound ITK.

Anyone who pays attention could write what you've written.
Cheers mate. TK is a must for us I think. Since we committed to him last year. Geelong will always be campaigners.
Pity about Cogs, would have been great to see him in Blue and Yellow.
Interesting about this other midfielder in Vic. Excited to see it possibly play out.....

Any rumours of any of our players going the other way?

Disappointed to hear we aren't in for Coniglio. Why is that? Rarely does elite WA talent come up for free agency and you'd think we'd be doing everything possible to be in the conversation, particularly with his supposed strong family ties.

Seems like Hawks / Carlton is a pure money play which is disappointing but understandable from Cogs.

Suspect your second paragraph answers your first. We are simply not in the frame money wise to get Coniglio it would seem

This is where Kelly needs to get smart.

If Geelong are pushing for freo, then all he has to say is WCE or draft, given that no other club will touch him before freo pick.

If he has no choice but to go to freo, that’s what I’d do. Geelong are clearly taking advantage of his nice nature towards Geelong.

Geelong then has to think whether 2x1sts is a big enough price to pay to make a point.

They won’t say no to that.

Backing him in to become a legit full-time ruckman or backing him in as a hybrid forward/ruck?
Until Williams gains the right body mass, I go back to my answer that it is too soon to tell. He’s only just turned19 and he is doing a reasonable job rucking against men. Griffin and Goddard are pretty good yardsticks so if pushed I’d say yes but not with the confidence I would have if asked can Trent Rivers be an inside mid.

Last edited:
One single piece regarding West Coast being linked to another midfielder (other than T.Kelly) but it is being very tightly kept under wraps. All I'm able to get is that the player has apparently been targeted for a while now, is currently in Victoria and is capable of filling multiple roles through the middle. Take of that what you will. My impression was definitely not an A grade signing. A Masten or Hutchings upgrade/replacement perhaps?

Well if he is out of contract the only one I can think of is Guelfi from Essendon but it also describes Acres. I certainly dont class Bews as a mid.

If WC had Kelly and he wanted to go to the Cats, would we not want the club to do what Geelong did and are going to do again?

Most would surely want the club to try their hardest to keep him, and failing that get as much as possible in return for a star in his prime.

Seems like there's a lot of BS padding designed to make you sound ITK.

Anyone who pays attention could write what you've written.

That's understandable, I'm just passing on the latest information that I have received - if it adds nothing to what you already know, then apologies for that. For all I know it could a load of BS as I'm not a direct party to any of these discussions. I am simply trusting the words of people who have been reliable with me in the past in this area.

I won't be revealing the names or roles of any sources as the majority go back over a decade and I'm not going to screw their friendship and good faith just to score some points on a social media forum.

I am not a list manager. None of the people I communicate with are list managers. They are however either directly or indirectly involved among clubs in five different states and typically have access to this kind of information and sometimes are even willing to pass it on.

Can you please distil this into actual information?

• T.Kelly still prefers West Coast and a deal is still expected. Geelong are acting like a bag of dicks and are pushing him to either stay or go to Fremantle.
  • The club has given up on Coniglio. Hawthorn believe they have done enough to secure him.
  • J.Martin is leaving Gold Coast, probably for Carlton.
  • Fremantle is targeting WA-bred midfielders, starting with Acres and SPP.
  • West Coast is looking to bring in at least one midfield player in addition to T.Kelly.

Are they originally from WA?

Are we expecting to get them along with Kelly?

I honestly have no idea as to where this specific target is originally from, going by history alone however would suggest that they likely are WA-bred.

This player is in addition to T.Kelly and is being sought to play a different role.

Disappointed to hear we aren't in for Coniglio. Why is that?

The club were in for Coniglio as far as they could manage and have been courting him for years. In the simplest terms, going home to WA was never really an option for him. The failure to lure him back west was not due to lack of effort.

Any rumours of any of our players going the other way?

Nothing really that passes the sniff test so far.

North asking about Cole's value and Bulldogs told to look elsewhere in regard to a lowball offer for Schofield.

If WC had Kelly and he wanted to go to the Cats, would we not want the club to do what Geelong did and are going to do again?

Most would surely want the club to try their hardest to keep him, and failing that get as much as possible in return for a star in his prime.
I would absolutely have done what Geelong did last year.

At the end of the contract though it's a different story. He's done his service and the club should be looking to get the best return they can within reason. I wouldn't want the club putting its foot down about it - just send him where he wants to go and get the best deal you can.

FFS go buy some KFC or something.

Do you actually add anything other than criticism of others and smart arse responses.

Oh and you ask lots of questions of others.

Take a chill pill bloke!
Sounds like you're the one who needs the KFC.

I guess you get hangry mid-morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until Williams gains the right body mass, I go back to my answer that it is too soon to tell. He’s only just turned19 and he is doing a reasonable job tucking against men. Griffin and Goddard are pretty good yardsticks so if pushed I’d say yes but not with the confidence I would have if asked can Trent Rivers be an inside mid.
So when you say "I am backing him in as of now", it's unclear what that means.

That's understandable, I'm just passing on the latest information that I have received - if it adds nothing to what you already know, then apologies for that. For all I know it could a load of BS as I'm not a direct party to any of these discussions. I am simply trusting the words of people who have been reliable with me in the past in this area.

I won't be revealing the names or roles of any sources as the majority go back over a decade and I'm not going to screw their friendship and good faith just to score some points on a social media forum.

I am not a list manager. None of the people I communicate with are list managers. They are however either directly or indirectly involved among clubs in five different states and typically have access to this kind of information and sometimes are even willing to pass it on.

• T.Kelly still prefers West Coast and a deal is still expected. Geelong are acting like a bag of dicks and are pushing him to either stay or go to Fremantle.
  • The club has given up on Coniglio. Hawthorn believe they have done enough to secure him.
  • J.Martin is leaving Gold Coast, probably for Carlton.
  • Fremantle is targeting WA-bred midfielders, starting with Acres and SPP.
  • West Coast is looking to bring in at least one midfield player in addition to T.Kelly.
The latest information.

I also heard water runs downhill. Please confirm.

Last edited:
Pick 5 for hill is about right considering he has two years on his contract.
Was he under contract when freo paid 23 for him? How’s he jumped in value so much all of a sudden?

Anyway the main issue isn’t with Hill but with Langdon, who is an absolute spud and certainly not worth pick 20. Melbourne deserve to be a bottom side if they are prepared to pay so much for mediocre players.

The latest information.

I heard Brad Hill might also leave Freo. Do you have "inside information" confirming this?
Dylan82 has consistently been one of the best contributors on this board. Maybe you are skeptical but a lot of us appreciate the time he puts into his posts. Why do you want to antagonise someone who makes a positive contribution?

Zero chance of getting Coniglio unfortunately. Either he stays with GWS or joins the Hawks. Carlton with the money deal is an outlier. Final decision won't be revealed until after the season. Received a message that insinuated he will definitely be leaving if GWS fail to make a Preliminary Final. A lot of Hawthorn folk I have spoken to recently seem very confident that he will be joining them.

What a fragile campaigner if true.

Dylan82 has consistently been one of the best contributors on this board. Maybe you are skeptical but a lot of us appreciate the time he puts into his posts. Why do you want to antagonise someone who makes a positive contribution?
Yay.

Would you like a side of extra credulity?

People are feeding you banalities as "inside information" and you can't get enough.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you're the one who needs the KFC.

I guess you get hangry mid-morning.

Nah, just dont like grumpy trolls who rarely add anyrhing of substance and spend 99% of their time hanging 'space poo' on others.

Oh and there you are again the post above.......adding nothing but negativity.

And two posts above........trolling.

You really get off being negative dont you. I feel sorry for people who get kicks out of constantly try to put others down.

Try being positive for a change, you might enjoy life more.

Last edited:
Yay.

Would you like a side of extra credulity?

People are feeding you banalities as "inside information" and you can't get enough.
OK? Was a bit of a non-response there for a while, at least for someone never caught short of a word. Glad you padded it out with those extra 2 lines.

The only reason I take issue is that I'd rather you don't potentially chase away posters who make the board a better place.

You're a witty guy. I like your writing style. You would be one of the better posters around here if you weren't squabbling over minor s**t with people all the time.

Will melt if Freo gets picks 5 and 20 for Hill and Langdon.

Absolute charity
St Kilda would presumably get some change from pick 5 for B Hill - but not much. Langdon I agree is well overvalued at pick 20. Melbourne aren't going to improve by recruiting someone who will continually pump high balls to a pack in the forward line, to be spoiled or picked off at will.

OK? Was a bit of a non-response there for a while, at least for someone never caught short of a word. Glad you padded it out with those extra 2 lines.

The only reason I take issue is that I'd rather you don't potentially chase away posters who make the board a better place.

You're a witty guy. I like your writing style. You would be one of the better posters around here if you weren't squabbling over minor s**t with people all the time.
Finally, your coveted stamp of approval. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting.

St Kilda would presumably get some change from pick 5 for B Hill - but not much. Langdon I agree is well overvalued at pick 20. Melbourne aren't going to improve by recruiting someone who will continually pump high balls to a pack in the forward line, to be spoiled or picked off at will.

More likely Saints trade out 5 for two other picks, say 16 and 23.

16 for Hill and they have another pick to either draft or trade with.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back