List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still amazes me that he has survived on our list so long that he is a free agent

I sort of love that we have someone like mcinnes on our list.

I totally understand how some could see him as a list clogger & limiting opportunity to give another talent a shot.

But I think it says a lot about the culture at the club atm - that we value things other than just performance highly. Like leadership, attitude, commitment, developing others etc in someone who understands their place and is happy to play a role if all turns to s**t.

I also trust that if there was young talent that we thought would add more value than what mcinnes offers he'd be gone by now.

That said, surely time to go this year.

I'd like to see us Rookie list Brady Grey. Has the hall marks of that no fuss role player in a good side.

Could tag a variety of mids or play a defensive role up forward. Good option if Hutch goes down. Could even allow Yeo to play a more attacking role along side Kelly and Shuey in the guts.

I like that as all the conjecture swirled around Gaff, and to a lesser extent Lycett, regarding his intentions we never saw a headline like this that I can remember

Think comment re O'Neill is unwarranted. 1st yr player in another state learning running patterns & playing style.
Will become a good midfielder - give him time🖐

Just as well Masto was dropped to the WAFL, O’Neill can learn running patterns from the god of RP’s.

Maybe he can learn a few goal celebration techniques as well.

I'd like to see us Rookie list Brady Grey. Has the hall marks of that no fuss role player in a good side.

Could tag a variety of mids or play a defensive role up forward. Good option if Hutch goes down. Could even allow Yeo to play a more attacking role along side Kelly and Shuey in the guts.
Brady grey's disposal makes hutch look like silk . No way should we have that butcher on our list no matter his endeavor.

Think comment re O'Neill is unwarranted. 1st yr player in another state learning running patterns & playing style.
Will become a good midfielder - give him time🖐

All these younguns want instant gratification and results.

It takes time to turn an 18 year old kid into an AFL footballer.......unless you are Judd or Walsh but those types get taken in the top 3.

Foley looks good as a medium sized defender. Reads play well, great intercept mark, good skills and gutsy.

Surprised how quickly he's taken to that role.

O'Neill doesn't look good atm. Is he outside or inside? Looks neither. What's his role? How can someone do so much running in the guts and find so little of the ball?

He should be played at HB imo.

The Foley description sounds like Sheppard. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been paying too much attention to the draft hopefuls. What makes Rowell such a stand out?

I know talent overrules size but at 178cm will he have that sort of impact. There's not many elite mids at his size and Zorko is the only one i can kinda think off thats short.

Haven't been paying too much attention to the draft hopefuls. What makes Rowell such a stand out?

I know talent overrules size but at 178cm will he have that sort of impact. There's not many elite mids at his size and Zorko is the only one i can kinda think off thats short.
Neale is another.

Either Brad Hardie is reading BigFooty again or is HT. Reckons Masto is off to the suns next season.

The Suns who delisted a 26 year old Jarrod Lyons because they wanted to go younger in the middle are going to trade for a 31 year old Masten.

He’s a year behind on the bigfooty rumours, did he suggest they move to Darwin as well?

The Suns who delisted Jarrod Lyons because they wanted to go younger in the middle are going to trade for a 31 year old Masten.

He’s a year behind on the bigfooty rumours, did he suggest they move to Darwin as well?
TBF the Suns are as incompetent as Brad Hardie.

Not all absolutely elite players but also;

Sidebottom 180cm
Merrett 180cm
Murphy 180cm
Steven 180cm
Miller 178cm
Walters 177cm
Prestia 175cm

He looks like a really solid build and if you have the skills and footy nouse I don't think it matters.

For instance I still think Sam Mitchell would be dominant if he was in his prime playing today.

He had huge wraps coming into the year, as he was so dominant last year as an underager. He was best on ground in Tac grand final and then again in All Australian team that played Casey Demons earlier this year! He's an inside mid but can burst away from stoppages, good by foot and hand, plus kicks goals. He's ready made.
His championships were food this year, without being dominant like everyone thought they would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back