List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the event we miss out on Coniglio and Kelly, who should we target? Or do we just hit the draft with 3 picks under 40?

Jack Martin?
Seems out of favour at GC for whatever reason so should come cheap. It is somewhat concerning that he's not getting a game at a club like GC, but we know the talent is there.

Jack Martin?
Seems out of favour at GC for whatever reason so should come cheap. It is somewhat concerning that he's not getting a game at a club like GC, but we know the talent is there.
Still reckon we need to target youngish, undervalued mids and a ruckman - either youngish, readymade or both.

Jack Martin?

Would prefer SPS @ Carlton.

Reckon the cost would be somewhat similar, and with the cash splash over there (and some trades they want to do) they may need to trade out a decent player for draft picks.

I'd say Freo will have up to a million to spend for Kelly. We probably have 700 max.
Do you reckon? I thought Kelly's value would be about 850k, maybe 900k to a very desperate side like Freo.

I had thought WC had about 800k to spend given JK and NN have taken haircuts and will likely need to trade out a young star.

In the event we miss out on Coniglio and Kelly, who should we target? Or do we just hit the draft with 3 picks under 40?
I like the look of this year's draft prospects in the range of picks that we have. I also look at possible non-Kelly or Coniglio options and cannot get too excited.

I get that the window is now. But we should not panic just because there appears to be only 2 we want. It is OK to hit the draft hard this year so long as we prioritise midfield - especially inside and balanced. I've named them before so no need to repeat what prospects I like.

I would look at offering Norf a future second for Cameron Zurhaar. He offer a hard nut skill set we sorely lack. I believe he is out of contract end 2020.

Subject to some serious due diligence, I would look at Brayden Sier and do the Stack reverse of getting him away from a set of deadhead friends and start anew.

Zac Jones is another who I would be OK looking at because I see a skill set that would add to our current midfielder. Would probably only cost us a second rounder.

**warning the following is purely my opinion**

With RTB out of the picture. The potential loss of BHill and Ed Langdon. Sandi retired. Balla retired. Mundy maybe retired? S Hill potentially on the move. Very little established talent in the team and not many young guns demanding a crazy salary.
Freo could have a real bounty available for TK. They could front load his contract potentially make him the highest paid player next year on a 5 year $4m deal without massively overpaying him. Front loading of $1.5-2m next year & 500k/yr after that.
That kind of money and front loading can instantly improve the Kelly's life but on avg they only pay $800k/yr. It helps the club with the image, brings the Lyontologists around to side with the board and they get to say we are better at West Coast. #winningtradeweek

**all facts reside solely in my head and are not available for fact checking**

With RTB out of the picture. The potential loss of BHill and Ed Langdon. Sandi retired. Balla retired. Mundy maybe retired? S Hill potentially on the move. Very little established talent in the team and not many young guns demanding a crazy salary.
Freo could have a real bounty available for TK. They could front load his contract potentially make him the highest paid player next year on a 5 year $4m deal without massively overpaying him. Front loading of $1.5-2m next year & 500k/yr after that.
That kind of money and front loading can instantly improve the Kelly's life but on avg they only pay $800k/yr. It helps the club with the image, brings the Lyontologists around to side with the board and they get to say we are better at West Coast. #winningtradeweek

Could you imagine the wobbly Fyfe would chuck about not being the highest-paid player at Freo? Wont happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opinion and speculation on a 'what might happen' thread. How dare you. Next thing we'll see something intelligent from muppetland.

FWIW, I was thinking that they might try something similar.
Load up early for TK. Pick up Robertson in the draft and Henry with points on an NGA points match, then have money to pay them when they come off the two year starter deals as the TK salary drops.
Not something we can do or match.

Source please.

It's not our way to overpay a player and nor should we. Unlike many clubs we are actually good at developing young talent or drafting potential from another club which is then realised at our club.

Love to have TK if the price is right, but i hope we are also pushing hard for Coniglio.

Do you think it would only be something like 850 vs 750? I could be off the mark here, but I think Freo will have a lot more cap space than the eagles have to play with, especially if they lose Hill and Langdon and both seem like sure things

Freo with those retiring and potentially leaving could offer Kelly a front loaded contract of $1.5m in year 1. Who else are they going to spend their cap on?

So $600 to $700k more in year 1 than we could, sure helps play catchup from starting his career late. That sort of money would be hard to turn away.

I suggested that JK should retire at. The end of this year about 3 Months ago but he has stated he will play on next year .
My comment Seemed ridiculous at the time..

I actually think Hurn could pull the pin at the end of this year if Wce go B2B I also said this about 5 or 6 weeks ago ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JK looks like he is playing sore and his output has dropped. However he still takes the number 1 defender and allows Darling and Allen to do their riles.

I wouldnt be surprised if he did retire this season same as Priddis did.

One more year at most.

Last edited:
Am i being paranoid or do other people agree with me that every article on Kelly coming out of Melbourne seems to be barracking hard for him to go to Dockers and not us, including that latest one today? Todays article has one piece of new information in it, i.e. that he has spoken in person to both clubs, and the rest of it is just mental masturbation on the part of the author that he go to Freo and not us. I mean, if you state at the start of the article that it is widely believed that his preference is to come to us then why would you spend several paragraphs and the rest of the article excitedly pontificating about the low percentage chance of him somehow ending up a different club?

The author is also deluding himself that Kelly might choose to stay at Geelong. Geelong have put their best offer to him by now and if he was going to stay he would have taken it. If you are going to stay where you are then you want to resign as soon as possible. If you do a knee in the next game and you are uncontracted then your next contracts value falls by 40%. You also don't meet in person with other clubs unless you have definately decided to go and already told the club of your intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back