List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we likely to only use 2 live draft picks plus a third for MRJ ? I can't see him getting an early bid, so any sh*t pick should do for our third.

In that case, if Markov goes to Gold Coast would an upgrade of our 32 to their 24 be better for us than their pick 33? Swap next year's 2nd round picks or something as well.
Id rather 2 picks in the early thirties than only one in the mid twenties.

Oleg for Peter Wright?

We need a back up ruckman & we need another long term tall forward.
Wright has done nothing in over 2 years. If we chase a ruck forward, I'd go after Ratagolea from Geelong. Would be a perfect pickup for us.

I think if we can stockpile enough picks we could maybe tempt the Dogs to trade us pick 12.
All they need is enough points to get Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (JUH) as he is tied to their next generation academy.
JUH will get bid on early as he is rated as one of the best prospects.

So, say we get pick 33 from Gold Coast for Markov.
We could package up 19, 33 and another trash pick for pick 12 from the Dogs.
They still get their kid, but we get up to pick 12.

Pretty damn good...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I don't mind this. Other clubs might have similar ideas and have better value to offer them.

roflmao who was he going to get in over besides rioli who isnt that position

he actually has a shot at playing 25 games off hb next year and hes cracked the sads and gone to gc
Rioli is more integral than Dusty

Fight me

he actually has a shot at playing 25 games off hb next year and hes cracked the sads and gone to gc

That's what I was told some time ago.

Re Higgins and Rance I was thinking the same thing.
I think its more hopeful then anything else but it happened the salt would be so worth it.
Winning 2 flags without Rance and then he comes back for the 3rd. The AFL would implode.

With these 2, and i am just reading the tea leaves - perhaps something like this happened. I have no inside knowledge, but i have lived a life where i has seen things like this happen, its called living a life. Where nothing actually "happened", but lines became blurred and perhaps to some - crossed.

When Higgins was getting his brain surgery, Alex supported his girlfriend, as Alex Rance does, he is famous for it.

During that process, Higgins young partner, feeling vunerable and alone, is supported by a much older, very attractive, sweet man who is very attentive to her well being. During this friendship, she develops a certain level of feelings for Alex, perhaps mistaking his kindness for it being reciprocated - she crosses somewhat of a line - Alex does not reciprocate it, but decides that to protect her he will keep it between just them. Circumstances happen where she tells Jack or someone, a result of guilt, the news gets out and grows legs of its own - Alex's wife finds out & their already frayed relationship breaks apart as she felt deceived. I have literally seen this happen in life - more times than i can recall.

So although Alex and Jack hold no ill feelings together, Alex's return to the club makes it untenable for Jack & his partner. That, along with the fact Jack was told he would be unlikely to get time in the midfield like he would prefer made the decision for him to leave. The club accept it, all shake hands and move on.

I don't care what anyone says, but the teams handling of Alex's retirement was incredibly "off". The club as a whole lacked the same energy and cohesion we are famous for up until we got up to the hub. The COVID situation ended up covering it up nicely, but even before it - the club seemed broken and divided.

Do not take any of this as a truth - it isn't. It's just me spitballing a situation that still doesnt add up and piecing pieces together to wonder "what if". I'm very surprised to see Higgins leave. He got 10 games this year & is coming off brain surgery. He was given more chances than most in his talent pool at the club, he is clearly a Dimma favourite. There is no real way i would have given more games to Higgins than Markov, CCJ, RCD, Eggs - but he played more games then all of them combined. For him to leave for opportunity doesn't really add up for me

Last edited:

any players that cry about not getting selected should be traded off i reckon

Wright has done nothing in over 2 years. If we chase a ruck forward, I'd go after Ratagolea from Geelong. Would be a perfect pickup for us.
We already have Chol - why would we want Ratagolea. There is a reason both he & Chol didn't play in the Grand Final - they cannot be relied upon & go missing for large sections of the game.

Also, contending teams do not trade with each other - no chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20 nuggets was a mistake with no drink
Especially since I ate the bbq sauce packet with my fingers like some sort of anal fetish freak

20 nuggets was a mistake with no drink
Especially since I ate the bbq sauce packet with my fingers like some sort of anal fetish freak
Did I just type my posts put loud?

Broad deal has fallen through, heard nothing since the club made a false announcement early this arvo.
Reckon they jumped the gun.

id rather have lost the corona cup than loose markov
We will 3 peat and watches elllis and marko-on-markov will celebrate with us
Just as good

Rioli will be norm smith

would rather broad go than markov.
Agree bro, think of the long term.
Not shitting on broad either, just think markov has more natural weapons and is younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back