List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond won’t go near DeGoey in reality. Doesn’t pass the good bloke test.
I’ve actually had the opportunity to spend time socially with DeGoey several times over recent years and he is a good bloke.

Very good in family friendly situations and always willing to do a bit extra around the kids etc.

When out after hours he was also good value, not arrogant or anything like that
. I would say he is perhaps easily led/ influenced and might benefit from some stronger leadership around him.

Let’s not forget we’ve had our own incidents with players straying off track
from time to time. The Broad premiership medal picture getting out on social media for example.

People make mistakes.

Last edited:

Getting De Goey would cost $800k+ for 5 years

Would mean we need to get rid of Castagna & Edwards to fit him into the cap

I think 800k is what the pies pulled out on. If we could get him at 700k or less it’s a steal nobody wants him. I’d get rid or castanga and edwards at the end of the season regardless. So it’s a win win.

I’m a big believer that you have to risk it to get the biscuit. We only have this year and next to have a 4 flag dynasty otherwise the gap between flags is too big and our core players would mostly have retired by then. I really don’t care how long the rebuild is if we get a 4th. I’d be fine with a 10-15 years drought tbh like the cats and still sort of contend.

People still wanting De Goey. Jesus wept, how much evidence do you need he is not the right fit for our footy club?
Feels comfortable at the pies.
Wouldn't feel as comfortable at a club like ours that he'd get away with it.
If he ends up at ours he's serious.
If he ends up staying or Stk then he's having a laugh.

I’ve actually had the opportunity to spend time socially with DeGoey several times over recent years and he is a good bloke.

Very good in family friendly situations and always willing to do a bit extra around the kids etc.

. I would say he is perhaps easily led/ influenced and might benefit from some stronger leadership around him.

Let’s not forget we’ve had our own in incidents with players straying off track
from time to time. The Broad premiership medal picture getting out on social media for example.

People make mistakes.
Broad made one mistake. Fessed up, copped his punishment on the chin and has had absolutely zero things go wrong since

You’re starting to need your toes if you’re going to count all the things DeGoey has done wrong

People make mistakes, and then some people make mistake after mistake and seemingly never learn

Broad made one mistake. Fessed up, copped his punishment on the chin and has had absolutely zero things go wrong since

You’re starting to need your toes if you’re going to count all the things DeGoey has done wrong

People make mistakes, and then some people make mistake after mistake and seemingly never learn

The potential upside is massive though. I’d back our culture to fix him up.

I’d 100% back the club in if they thought they could lure JDG. No doubt if it was to occur, the contract would be heavily performance based in the clubs favour if anything untoward was to occur once again.

Considering we wouldn’t need to give anything up, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if you could get him on the cheap. Especially with potentially Edwards, Lambert and whoever else leaving at the end of this year. Free hit!

Let’s not forget we’ve had our own in incidents with players straying off track

People make mistakes.

So what is your take on what happened?

Why go to Bali now versus other time off and why not avoid the cameras and issues?

Letting the hair down does not bother me so much

Players can have fun but why the need for drama online?

The other thing that has not been mentioned is longevity? These events prior to a supposed longish deal. how long will he last and performance keep going? The longer the deal the more risk so JDG really is shooting himself in the foot when questions pop up how long will he last? 26 means 4 years to 30

Is he one of those guys that just gets too loose on the grog at a certain point? I do not know the guy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt her anything in what dimma said that indicates Richmond are talking to or interested in De Goey

But i also do believe that there was really nothing to bad in what happened in Bali and have seen it a million times in bars and clubs
the biggest mistake was the idiot posting it on social media. Vegas was a different story

But lets just say that was dusty in Bali and the same thing happened , would we write him off ? No Bloody way
Cotchin , Jack , Edwards , Caddy etc all finishing up or about to finish up and Dusty's contract having just 2 years left

I wouldnt be totally against a $800k x 4 year deal if the club thinks he can conform to becoming a "Richmond Man"

I think 800k is what the pies pulled out on. If we could get him at 700k or less it’s a steal nobody wants him. I’d get rid or castanga and edwards at the end of the season regardless. So it’s a win win.

I’m a big believer that you have to risk it to get the biscuit. We only have this year and next to have a 4 flag dynasty otherwise the gap between flags is too big and our core players would mostly have retired by then. I really don’t care how long the rebuild is if we get a 4th. I’d be fine with a 10-15 years drought tbh like the cats and still sort of contend.
Clubs will come for him and he will get more than $700k
most likely St Kilda , Bombers and even the Hawks would be interested at the $800k range

People still wanting De Goey. Jesus wept, how much evidence do you need he is not the right fit for our footy club?
Ok realistically what did he do in Bali ?
Drinking ?
Mucking around with a lady thats a willing participant whilst on holidays ?

I can guarantee you i have done alot worse many many times and he is a 26 year old
Baz Smith gets done for coke and nothing to see here

Drinking ?

I can guarantee you i have done alot worse many many times and he is a 26 year old
It’s so crazy to me that people can somehow constantly ignore the pattern of behaviour that’s on display

He’s basically Ben Cousins except he lets his partying effect the way he performs on game day

Drinking ?

We didn’t trade for you either 😳🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back