List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too but it has to be the right player.
If we got him instead of a Taranto or Hopper would you be happy?

I’d prefer those two if we can only pick 1 but ideally I want Tom Green and De Goey. De Goey is literally free, we’ll have so much unused cap space with our retirements this year. It’s a free hit, but our club is a bit left wing so I don’t think they’ll go for somebody with issues regarding women. I personally don’t think he did anything wrong.

I would be targeting Elijah Hollands, how he is not getting a game with the Suns is puzzling to me. He is a good size kid, has been racking them up in the VFL & the perfect age to target. We have had good dealings with the Suns, time for them to return the favor.
Right profile, but at what cost?
How cheaply would they let a 2020 pick 7 go for?

EDIT: Just checked, signed on with them until end of 2024, so not happening. They wouldn't let him go unless for way overs.

EDIT: Just checked, signed on with them until end of 2024, so not happening. They wouldn't let him go unless for way overs.
Yeah that’s it, nothing wrong with targeting some key young talent but not at the point where we could look at over paying a little for those guys that would be the icing on the cake

Continue to invest in the pointy end of the draft imo

Rayner is a spud.
Lol, no he's not...

He's coming off an ACL, he shows he still has the traits, and is only just trying to transition back into the midfield...

Is he living up to his draft pick, maybe not, but spud... now you're taking the piss...

He would be in our best 22 easily!

Lol, no he's not...

He's coming off an ACL, he shows he still has the traits, and is only just trying to transition back into the midfield...

Is he living up to his draft pick, maybe not, but spud... now you're taking the piss...

He would be in our best 22 easily!
If we wanted that type of player, we would have kept Caddy ;)

Hear me out, I'd draft bloody Townsend again. Absolutely killing it in the VFL playing as a legit KPF forward which we never really trialed him as. Not young but could be very cheap Jack/Lynch insurance as we don't have anyone else on the list to cover them, without robbing our back line, which is a worry. We only have Bauer as a KPF forward prospect so he won't be clogging the list for a season or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Pickett turned his life around and showed he was serious by not putting a foot wrong in the WAFL

DeGoey has shown he is incapable of learning. Maybe if he had a year at a lower level with no indiscretions then sure bring him in
Not true, Pickett was charged with grievous bodily harm while at South Fremantle,

Last edited:
id be ok with JDG reckon in our environment he would thrive , as mentioned we've punted on players with more chequered backgrounds and have had success, you back your program . That said , if he decides to leave , ESS will have loads more TPP they can invest , would be surprised if we were successful suitor

Hear me out, I'd draft bloody Townsend again. Absolutely killing it in the VFL playing as a legit KPF forward which we never really trialed him as. Not young but could be very cheap Jack/Lynch insurance as we don't have anyone else on the list to cover them, without robbing our back line, which is a worry. We only have Bauer as a KPF forward prospect so he won't be clogging the list for a season or 2.
forget it , the leap from vfl especially so for kpp is profound , he is way too slow to have a sustained impact at afl. Get cam zuhrer from NM ,,,reckon he would be very good for us , dimma would love how he goes about it

GC sign these kids on a fortune, bet hes on like 400 plus already , Jack L would have been signed 800 plus easily ,, its all they got to splash ,,sun and cash

Was racially abused at a party and reacted. Not sure that shows the same level of behaviour as DeGoey
Grievous bodily harm is no joke. Id say it’s every bit as bad. In fact I’d say Marlions history has DeGoey covered comfortably.

We were prepared to look at a bloke with a history that would scare most clubs off and gave him a chance. It worked out well for the club and the man.

The Saints were strongly linked to Taranto and now are reported to be heavily into De Goey.
Surely they don’t/ can’t land both!!

I am still not sure if we should/shouldn’t chase DeGoey - pros/cons are 50/50.
It’s why they’re a crap club

They keep bringing in players on big money from other clubs because they can’t develop anyone they draft. Been happening since they lost the flag under Lyon. Besides King they have no A graders that started at St Kilda. Sinclair having a good year along with Wilkie and Gresham but the rest are average as. Billings, Clark, Marshall, Battle, Long, Webster, Paton etc none have come on after showing spurs of potential

Steele their best player from the Giants. Brought in Hannebery, Brad Hill, Ryder, Dougal Howard, Pig Higgins, Butler, Zac Jones, Brad Crouch and Membrey lol throw in Dean Kent, Lienert, Tom Campbell and Mason Wood 🤢 They have too many list cloggers

When will the needle drop? Drafting wins premierships it’s been the recipe for 20+ years in the AFL

Need to start developing their own before anything real happens over there!

I’ve seen Pickett inflicting plenty of grievous bodily harm since he arrived at the club. Most recently Patrick Cripps. All good with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back