List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Old mate Jon Ralph suggesting Richmond should hold Soldo and trade him next year for a similar value, completely ignoring that he is an unrestricted free agent.
Might get better compo than Port are offering. You'd imagine someone would be offering him first ruck so we'd likely get an after 2nd round pick, which you'd imagine will be better than Port's future 2nd.

So, if we hold on to Soldo this year, will AFL give us end of 1st round comp if he walks to Port next season? Considering he is a better player than Gresham & Doedee.
No, this year is working off the old CBA, but the clubs handed out contracts based on the new CBA. So it is an inflated compensation pick market this year, next year back to normal so probably end of second round i'd guess.

For those following along, as it stands we currently have:

32 Senior listed players
7 Cat A rookies - Coulthard Trezise Bauer Campbell Young Miller
2 Cat B rookie - Colina Hayes-Brown

Last edited:
I thought that deal was real for a second

Full Metal Jacket GIF

If the club gives up pick 25 to get Kosi i will lose my mind. He is not the quality of player you bend over for. Get him or pass.

All these supporters tho that have supported us being "good blokes" in previous trade deals..... time to apologise to all the people you attacked about not doing our due diligence on ensuring the best deal for Richmond - this trade period shows completely that when the shoe is swapped no one cares about our nice guy history. ITs every club for themselves, always

Huh? What have we done with the Hawks in the past? We convinced them to pony up big dollars to get decent compo for Vickery, which got us Shai Bolton.

Not sure the ‘good guy’ thing carries over to clubs you’ve not had dealings with. No doubt North trading fairly generously for CJ and Tarrant is why we helped them and accepted 65 for Biggy to preserve their McKay compo… a pick they were never going to use and I assume we don’t either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hows Soldo's form, now sooking it because we wanted to trade him for Hopper last year lol, Yeah we'd do that deal again in a second Soldo man. It took him 2.5 years to get back into half decent shape, whos responsibility was that? he's the one thats been pacing around like frankenstein's monster. I dont feel for him at all, ya staying put unless the deal is overs.

For those following along, as it stands we currently have:

31 Senior listed players
7 Cat A rookies - Coulthard Trezise Bauer Campbell Young Miller Pickett
2 Cat B rookie - Colina Hayes-Brown
And we have Dusty's mega contract ending next year along with Prestia, Grimes, Nankervis deals - Overall 22 players out of contract.

We will walk into the free agency period swinging our proverbials across the media's face as we enter Marvel Stadium. Feels like we're timing the run perfectly given how underwhelming this years trade/FA has been.

The ox is slow and the earth is patient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett is on the senior list.
Everywhere I've looked has him listed as a rookie still, however I've just seen he was a rookie elevation in 2022

People don’t want to lose Soldo but if he doesn’t play much in 2024 he’ll walk for peanuts as a free agent, so now is the time to trade him. Ask for Ports future 2nd that’s tied to Freo, should be a pick in the early 20s. Would be awesome for us as he’s not even our number 1 ruck. Get it done

Has anyone heard about a player we have asked for if Port want Soldo?

Mate at the suns reckons this Soldo enquiry is not new to us and we have a player in mind and have done for some time. Port dont want to trade that player however.
Bet its Georgy Mark 11...!!!

Tipping we're trying to get Koschitzke deal completed before we move Soldo to Port. Won't want to get something off Port that Hawthorn can then try and haggle over.

I think the club is banking on Soldo to not want to move after playing most weeks next year.

The issue with this strategy is then you risk Ryan wanting out. It's going to be really challenging to keep both until Nank retires.

It’s vital if Soldo stays that Nank is removed as Captain (Grimes being removed should be a gjven). We need to pick the best 2 of Nank/Soldo/Ryan every week based on performance, not just the best of Soldo/Ryan because Nank’s locked in the team as the captain.

Nank, Ryan and Soldo cannot all play in the same team, which is why I’m in favour of trading Soldo this trade period, otherwise we risk losing Ryan end of 2024. Or if Soldo goes end of 2024 he will be worth less than what he’s worth right now - Soldo’s value will never be higher than right now, as he’s 29yo start of 2025 and out of contract.

Not saying we accept any deal, but I’d jump at a pick around #30 or better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back