Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s because he’s small and there are some posters here who don’t rate players unless they’re built like Bruzzy.

I’ve commented on this phenomena before.
As a Noble “doubter” I can confirm it wasn’t this for me. He had a really strong 2023 so it appears some memories are cloudy (not referencing you Kirby) because he was very much fringe early in 2022 culminating in his relegation to the sub role v Brisbane. Much like Langdon in 2017 he was getting games more out of being a best 22 player than on form. What turned him around in my mind was his fundamentals. Less fumbling, remaining on his feet, greater consistency by foot and tighter defensively.

As a Noble “doubter” I can confirm it wasn’t this for me. He had a really strong 2023 so it appears some memories are cloudy (not referencing you Kirby) because he was very much fringe early in 2022 culminating in his relegation to the sub role v Brisbane. Much like Langdon in 2017 he was getting games more out of being a best 22 player than on form. What turned him around in my mind was his fundamentals. Less fumbling, remaining on his feet, greater consistency by foot and tighter defensively.
You see the future now Sco? Being serious though. Every player on the list has a flaw or two & Noble is no exception. Defensive one on one's is his Achilles heel IMO.
But he brings plenty to the table as far as attack, run & link up goes. The pass to Cox in the latter stages of the win over Carlton in round 23 was beautiful. His pass could have hit either Cox or Elliott & there was nothing the Carlton defenders could do because the kick was lace out perfect.
I like him in the 22. Until somebody does his role better than he does it, then he will continue to be in our best 22.

Hhhmm... I'm gonna assume you typed this in early 2020 and forget to hit .. I reckon Nobes has moved past those early wobbles and is now ensconced in the team...

I’m just wondering if I keep reading I’m going to see an all Australian Brownlow medalist at the end?

Those that know me trust my knowledge of footy, those that don’t make comments like above

Short memories - let’s see how it plays out

Just an opinion

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m just wondering if I keep reading I’m going to see an all Australian Brownlow medalist at the end?

Those that know me trust my knowledge of footy, those that don’t make comments like above

Just an opinion

For mine he keeps doing enough. I can see him being a member of a gf team but further development would be desirable. This year, plenty of experience might see another level. Otherwise I think his position is under threat.

Johnson looked pretty good today, if that helps.
He was tackling/pressuring well, running into space and leading well.

Darcy Moore did a couple of footy drills, I think its all about conditioning now, he continued to do rehab after a couple drills. He looks good, fit. But clearly about putting some km's into the legs
I always wonder why there’s this big push to make it for round 1. It’s a long season. Get fit. Get match fit. Come back in good time without rushing if can be helped. Hate to say it but think it worked for Danger last year.

I always wonder why there’s this big push to make it for round 1. It’s a long season. Get fit. Get match fit. Come back in good time without rushing if can be helped. Hate to say it but think it worked for Danger last year.
Thats true.
I guess everyone wants to play round 1. Make an impression. But yes its a long season anything can happen.

Building the tank, competing for spots. Once the season starts it is more about recovery. Danger is not competing for a spot.

Because we need to win a enough games to make finals. Where the rationale should apply, is at the end of the season when you have enough games in the bank!

You see the future now Sco? Being serious though. Every player on the list has a flaw or two & Noble is no exception. Defensive one on one's is his Achilles heel IMO.
But he brings plenty to the table as far as attack, run & link up goes. The pass to Cox in the latter stages of the win over Carlton in round 23 was beautiful. His pass could have hit either Cox or Elliott & there was nothing the Carlton defenders could do because the kick was lace out perfect.
I like him in the 22. Until somebody does his role better than he does it, then he will continue to be in our best 22.
Yeah I’m good, but not that good.
My take is the importance of it. For years the media have been pushing the line that Rd 1 is an aim that guys who are rehabbing need to shy away from. The reality is though that a fast start is crucial to some teams.

Take us if we go 3-0 we will play finals and be a good show at top 4 because we have Geelong and Richmond with Port sandwiched between. A guy like Moore could be the difference in all 3 matches. The key is determining whether Rd 1 is a push or safe target*. At the Dockers the push probably shouldn’t be on because they have St Kilda followed by North and WC. Using the Danger example the Cats had a stretch without him that included Adelaide, North and WC. The Cats are facing it currently with Hawkins and I guarantee he gets up for Rd 1.

*gut feel is Moore’s right in the middle because he’ll have 8 weeks of solid work in by Rd 1 which is the bare minimum.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m good, but not that good.

My take is the importance of it. For years the media have been pushing the line that Rd 1 is an aim that guys who are rehabbing need to shy away from. The reality is though that a fast start is crucial to some teams.

Take us if we go 3-0 we will play finals and be a good show at top 4 because we have Geelong and Richmond with Port sandwiched between. A guy like Moore could be the difference in all 3 matches. The key is determining whether Rd 1 is a push or safe target*. At the Dockers the push probably shouldn’t be on because they have St Kilda followed by North and WC. Using the Danger example the Cats had a stretch without him that included Adelaide, North and WC. The Cats are facing it currently with Hawkins and I guarantee he gets up for Rd 1.

*gut feel is Moore’s right in the middle because he’ll have 8 weeks of solid work in by Rd 1 which is the bare minimum.

Agreed. 4 points is 4 points and the earlier we bank them the better. We can rest people later if need be.

Obviously if he’s not ready he’s not ready though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an opinion

I think your opinion of Noble is overly harsh...

But... that's just an opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back