Trent Cotchin v Tom Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd ask who really gives a shit.. but 14 pages suggests plenty of posters do.

Both very talented young players with heaps of potential. Plenty more where they came from.

in fact i am actually trent cotchin and i agree that tom swift is a better player than i.

What is it with your Richmond supporters putting quotation marks around anything they don't want to admit to be true? Swift was awarded 3 brownlow votes for that effort, so it's not like it's just West Coast supporters that are sensationalising his efforts, he really was the BOG, and until you produce footage of Cotchin that warrants the analysis of 22 highlights, probably best not to quotation that word either.

Sorry bud but I'm pretty sure Cotchin got 2 brownlow votes against Hawthorn who went on to win the premiership that year in 2008. Pretty sure that warrants a better game than 3 votes playing against a bottom four team. Don't have any footage though.

As for my opinion Cotchin seems to be the most complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cotchin will be an absolute star whether it be for Richmond or Gold Coast. Swift will be a very good player but not the level of Cotchin. I would be happy to get Swift at pick 20 but.

I hope Richmond dont hold Cotchin back like many other talented players they drafted. I would play Deledio, Martin and Cotchin as the 3 main onballers every week if i was Hardwick.

Cotchin by a fair way. Swift may become a star but Cotchin will be a superstar...I have no doubt. Hoping he gets through 22 games this year I guess that is the only thing stopping it.

Yeah but Swift's game was terrible. Probably will be dropped.

mabye not considering the rewards woosh saw for persisting with him towards the end of last season. but possibly a game or two for claremont after that first up effort. had a few soft tissue niggles towards the late end of pre season

Yeah but Swift's game was terrible. Probably will be dropped.
Not dropped due to lack of form.

He has been injured and had a limited pre-season. Not match fit yet and probably shouldn't have been played.

Depends how they want him to build match fitness, if its through AFL matches he improved at a rapid rate last season.

Is Swift fully fit?

No he's not fit.

Got 26 possesions last week for Claremont in there whitewash of Peel.

But he didn't have his usual influence and was blowing up big time during the game.(hands on the hips and lack of chasing)

Was very suprised he was selected, as he is lacking match fitness.

I also noticed in the Carlton game (he was one of our best), he played less of his usual inside role.

Wasn't at the bottom of packs or divining in, but more skirting the edges and whisking the ball out after it had been extracted.

I heard he was actually playing a bit of an outside role for Claremont but later in the game got more involved in the contested stuff and got back in the game.

Again yesterday, he seemed to be less involved in the contest.

I wonder if this is under instruction from the coaches, trying a different role for him, or managing his return from injury.

If it's the first it dosn't suit him. He is at his best bursting away from packs and moving the ball through traffic/out of congestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back