Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PB is socially awkward, not particularly bright, nuanced or enlightened, a country hick who has a problem with alcohol and anger and struggles to follow the talk of the hipstercrite clique who bait him mercilessly. Feel sorry for him but he does bring a lot of it on himself, through being not particularly bright, you'd think those who claim to be virtuous and care for the common man would take some pity on him.
I'm confused. Is this post in support of PB?

Oh yeah the red dwarf US version they picked a handsome 6'4 white guy to play Dave Lister... Really understood the character well there. He's basically ace Rimmer but unironic

Rimmer gets turned into a nerdy camp guy because that's the same as a self loathing spineless weasel apparently

The first pilot had a black guy playing the cat with lots of cat mannerisms, similar to early red dwarf, then in pilot 2 they made it a hot sexy cat lady.

Only good part was Daphne from Frasier as Holly, except they forgot Holly is meant to be a disembodied head and you could still see her neck.

I never had a yumbo but I've heard boomers reminisce about it countless times.

You know the Simpsons Steamed Hams bit?
A Yumbo is most like what I think a 'steamed ham' would be like.

Thin sliced ham, plastic cheese, sweet burger bun, zapped in an industrial microwave for 30secs so it was like hot steamy bread with molten lava and chewy leather inside.

PB is socially awkward, not particularly bright, nuanced or enlightened, a country hick who has a problem with alcohol and anger and struggles to follow the talk of the hipstercrite clique who bait him mercilessly. Feel sorry for him but he does bring a lot of it on himself, through being not particularly bright, you'd think those who claim to be virtuous and care for the common man would take some pity on him.

I can feel sorry for him and not want to interact with him at the same time.
They're not mutually exclusive.

I've got too much of my own s**t to deal with to have to take on someone else's.

Thin sliced ham, plastic cheese, sweet burger bun, zapped in an industrial microwave for 30secs so it was like hot steamy bread with molten lava and chewy leather inside.

Sounds almost as good as my hash brown/garlic bread sub

Have you thought about knocking one up at home?

Thanks to this thread I ended up looking up the US pilots of red dwarf and the IT crowd.

The IT crowd is ******* weird, it's literally the exact same jokes delivered word for word but it just ******* sucks when it isnt a slobby Irish guy saying it

The original IT Crowd was genius because it's actually about Jen. The other characters are there to provide a foil for her everywoman experience.

The reason the US version felt weird and flat is that they missed this fact and built it around Roy (Joel McHale, wtf?) and Moss with a non-descript Jen, but then used the exact same script, so it didn't make any sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Yumbo thing sounds fckng awful I'm surprised it appealed to you Boober.

I was a kid at the time.

Besides, I was really just using it as a humorous linking of the drive-through takeaway conversation and the name "Jumbo".

Thanks to this thread I ended up looking up the US pilots of red dwarf and the IT crowd.

The IT crowd is ******* weird, it's literally the exact same jokes delivered word for word but it just ******* sucks when it isnt a slobby Irish guy saying it
Hear me out: IT Crowd script, Sopranos cast

I like the Louis Theroux episode where he visits the Neo Nazi's and they bond over Are You Being Serves.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The original IT Crowd was genius because it's actually about Jen. The other characters are there to provide a foil for her everywoman experience.

The reason the US version felt weird and flat is that they missed this fact and built it around Roy (Joel McHale, wtf?) and Moss with a non-descript Jen, but then used the exact same script, so it didn't make any sense.

Jen's a babe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back