Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair Eye of the World is probably the most boring out of all of the books once you take out the suspense of who the Dragon Reborn actually is. No one has a real purpose except this vague idea of something pulling them in a certain direction.

The first episode I was like “meh” but it’s getting better with every episode. It’s when they reach Camelyn that will make or break it for me, because that’s where most of the story happens.
Camelyn, or at least the whole Rand meets Elayne / Morgase, isn't happening in the first season. The actress playing Elayne is only from season 2. Things are all out of order going forward as well. Egwene's slated to meet Siuan episode 6, before Rand even meets any Trakand's.

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Looks like they're going sideways to me. Could you imagine shanking it and kicking the footy down that f***er? Surely it's in the constitution that one has the right to go anywhere as long as it's in the retrieval of a football or cricket ball?

They need some of these.

I'll drive it for them if they want.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
New religious freedom laws will give private schools right to refuse to hire gay teachers
Scott Morrison has introduced a new bill into parliament today that will reportedly allow private schools to reject gay teachers on religious grounds.

GAGF Morrison. Take your antiquated beliefs and go back to your Amish settlement and stop f**king with our laws.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
New religious freedom laws will give private schools right to refuse to hire gay teachers
Scott Morrison has introduced a new bill into parliament today that will reportedly allow private schools to reject gay teachers on religious grounds.

GAGF Morrison. Take your antiquated beliefs and go back to your Amish settlement and stop f**king with our laws.
These Hillsong types eh.

Duck Farmer

Est. 1820
Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots

Does it allow public schools to refuse to hire religious nutjobs as well?

manureid

Laziest Poster on Figbooty
Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders

They should be refusing to hire teachers who cannot bloody spell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Bloody hell what am I gonna do with this

Bloody unexpected birthday presents, people should ask you before buying you something this big, five guitars now, does that make a collection? I'm like a virgin with a dozen condoms in his wallet, all the gear and no idea.

Inb4 Jimmy it's crap mate chuck it on Craigslist some bozo from Plympton might give ya 20 bucks

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Bloody unexpected birthday presents, people should ask you before buying you something this big, five guitars now, does that make a collection? I'm like a virgin with a dozen condoms in his wallet, all the gear and no idea.

Inb4 Jimmy it's crap mate chuck it on Craigslist some bozo from Plympton might give ya 20 bucks

Seen better guitars on the clearance aisle at Bunnings

bomberclifford

Importer/Exporter
Sep 2, 2005
Cerebral Cortex
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

If you want to offload any of them, let me know. I’m not from Plymptom but I’m in the market for a guitar for my lad.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is where you chuckle happy plonkers never listen I've said it before cheap guitars are better than they've ever been, I have a classic vibe 50's tele (Squier) that I prefer playing over anything else at present.
Epiphone & Squier make some damn good instruments of course whether you even class some of them as cheap anymore is debatable.

backtozero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Bloody unexpected birthday presents, people should ask you before buying you
Do something this big, five guitars now, does that make a collection? I'm like a virgin with a dozen condoms in his wallet, all the gear and no idea.

Start doing unboxing videos on YouTube.

What Jimmy said though, epiphones can be nice, well built guitars. The days of them being Gibson's inferior little brothers is well over, especially since Gibson started making their own entry level guitars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad