Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Epiphone is probably half as heavy as my Gibson Les Paul, I was shocked. Didn't feel real.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I flipped a mexican fender strat that felt light it played well though I just didn't bond with it, my Squier tele is quite heavy.

_VXV

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Epi’s & Squire’s are fine & quite well built for the price, what can let them down is the hardware. Fine for mucking around at home but once you start adding the sweat etc of gigging & rehearsals the finishes can break down pretty quickly. Upgrade your saddles/bridges/nuts & you can make a difference reasonably easily.
Late 00’ Epi’s were in some cases made by American luthiers as Gibson production was held up with a rare wood lawsuit so they shipped staff to Korea. Have an 07 SG Epi that’s real nice, better made than a Gibson one I had.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Epi’s & Squire’s are fine & quite well built for the price, what can let them down is the hardware. Fine for mucking around at home but once you start adding the sweat etc of gigging & rehearsals the finishes can break down pretty quickly. Upgrade your saddles/bridges/nuts & you can make a difference reasonably easily.
Late 00’ Epi’s were in some cases made by American luthiers as Gibson production was held up with a rare wood lawsuit so they shipped staff to Korea. Have an 07 SG Epi that’s real nice, better made than a Gibson one I had.
Are you talking sub $500 guitars though? I agree they are good for modding & upgrading pups etc. it's good to learn this stuff but once they produce models that hit a price point approaching a grand & beyond they do cease to be cheap instruments. You could easily gig with some of these guitars & leave the prized babies at home.

_VXV

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are you talking sub $500 guitars though? I agree they are good for modding & upgrading pups etc. it's good to learn this stuff but once they produce models that hit a price point approaching a grand & beyond they do cease to be cheap instruments. You could easily gig with some of these guitars & leave the prized babies at home.
Absolutely true, I was referring to mid range guitars.

Janus

Far Dareis Mai carries my honor.
Sep 9, 2007
Portland, Oregon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
Camelyn, or at least the whole Rand meets Elayne / Morgase, isn't happening in the first season. The actress playing Elayne is only from season 2. Things are all out of order going forward as well. Egwene's slated to meet Siuan episode 6, before Rand even meets any Trakand's.
Just watched Episode 4. It's different from the books, but good in its own way.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
My Canadian mate who lives about 90 minutes drive east of LA went to the Ice Hockey this time yesterday - LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs. First hockey game he has been to the 3 years living in California and never went to a game the 17 years living in Dallas before that.

He kept sending me pictures of the light show the LA Kings put on. Said it was ******* amazing, nothing like this when he lived in Toronto and went and watched the Leafs play, but they just didn't grab me, until he sent the last one, The Cage, which he took before the start of the game.

Edit Its The Staples Center in LA, soon to be known as Crypto.com Arena for the next 20 years, the naming costing $700m USD. I never knew Staples Center is named after an office supplies company Staples Inc since it was built in 1999. i've just thought Staples was just some rich dudes surname.

1637902876588.jpeg

Last edited:

Christoffarken

Schrodinkley's Cat
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Lol you guys geeking out over guitars (I've got a squier bass that I cannot play) meanwhile I spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at Blankwing pencils today online

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
My former workmate from Elizabeth that used to source guitars for me and my mates done great stuff for 500, unfortunately she's been unwell, very unwell, and I haven't seen her for a year.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Missed this by about 5 minutes - I'd just got home from my Saturday morning stroll to the deli when I heard sirens and saw fire engines and ambulances flashing by, smoke billowing not too far away. It was at the same place that Ferrari crashed and burst into flames a couple of years ago. This morning I'd just walked round this very corner on the way back to my place:

1637978036404.png

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are they? Wouldn't have thought there would be much difference in price when it comes to guitars in the 3-400 dollar range.
Must admit I didn't look at sub 5 hunge gear but I'm still tipping you could get a better deal for a guitar and amp for junior elsewhere & online.

backtozero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Must admit I didn't look at sub 5 hunge gear but I'm still tipping you could get a better deal for a guitar and amp for junior elsewhere & online.
Probably, but online shopping is for those that know exactly what they're looking for and doesn't give you the chance to pick up and play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad