Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't sit on the fence, it's just the extremes have put one up where I used to stand, like taking a bit of this from here and a bit of that from there is against the rules now. Gotta be all in in one direction.

This feels like half the issue with any of this. Raising concerns or questions about why the name Coon cheese can be deemed racist and needs a name change, but say Minda the organisation being ableist and needing a name change without taking into account that there might be some sort of context to these names gets you s**t on on social media as an alt-right sympathiser. It's draining.

Dr Stephen Hagan
Dr Stephen Hagan, PhD MBA BA Cert IV TAE, a proud Kullilli man from far south west Queensland raised on a fringe camp, is a former diplomat, senior public servant, academic, entrepreneur, award-winning author and film maker, and internationally renowned human rights advocate.

So who are you or anyone else to decide that the media shouldn't run a story on what this man is campaigning against? Why do you get to decide that he's not worth listening to in this instance?

They are welcome to run a story on anyone, or anything they want. I am welcome to say that the way they are presenting and running it is intentionally divisive.

This feels like half the issue with any of this. Raising concerns or questions about why the name Coon cheese can be deemed racist and needs a name change, but say Minda the organisation being ableist and needing a name change without taking into account that there might be some sort of context to these names gets you sh*t on on social media as an alt-right sympathiser. It's draining.

Please.

There are yankies out there campaigning hard for gun reform but also opposed to any policy that restricts ownership for people with psychiatric issues as they consider it ableist and discriminatory. It's ****ed.

They are welcome to run a story on anyone, or anything they want. I am welcome to say that the way they are presenting and running it is intentionally divisive.

You are.

We are welcome to say we didn't start it here to talk about the newspaper ethics, but the actual issue it's reporting on.

Please.

There are yankies out there campaigning hard for gun reform but also opposed to any policy that restricts ownership for people with psychiatric issues as they consider it ableist and discriminatory. It's f’ed.

A topic I've always found a touch odd particularly in far left aus circles is the extremely anti-american sentiments, yet the willingness to take on very american racial topics such as BLM and then just jam it into issues we have re; indigenous australians back here

A topic I've always found a touch odd particularly in far left aus circles is the extremely anti-american sentiments, yet the willingness to take on very american racial topics such as BLM and then just jam it into issues we have re; indigenous australians back here

I've never known the far left to be anti-american, it's more a right thing, traditionalism and conservatism toward the old Australian more European influenced lifestyles.

Never knew Carlton’s song was such a sacred cow on the Ports board.

Right-wing politics is just reacting to things that they see as left-wing politics.

Here's a list of things that so-called American so-called patriots have defended in the Trump era because the left doesn't like them:

1. Nazis
2. The Confederacy
3. The British Royal Family

Never knew Carlton’s song was such a sacred cow on the Ports board.

It's not, I'm in favour of changing it. If that means I gotta hitch my wagon to a silly argument, so it is.

Doesn't mean it's any less silly, if anything me being supportive of it makes it even sillier!

It's not, I'm in favour of changing it. If that means I gotta hitch my wagon to a silly argument, so it is.

Doesn't mean it's any less silly, if anything me being supportive of it makes it even sillier!

Wow you don’t so much sit on fences as parkour all over them, hey?

I've never known the far left to be anti-american, it's more a right thing, traditionalism and conservatism toward the old Australian more European influenced lifestyles.

Far left were and still are anti American. Started with Vietnam and was rife during the nuclear 80’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right-wing politics is just reacting to things that they see as left-wing politics.

Here's a list of things that so-called American so-called patriots have defended in the Trump era because the left doesn't like them:

1. Nazis
2. The Confederacy
3. The British Royal Family

Defend actual child rapists, get into a froth about imaginary child rapists.

Far left were and still are anti American. Started with Vietnam and was rife during the nuclear 80’s.

These days it feels like some American things (BLM movement, drug legalisation, beating us to the punch on same sex marriage, POC in high government positions) appeal more to the left than before perhaps.

So the clique is rolling in and yet nobody except me actually has a position on whether or not the Carlton song is a) Racist, and or b) Needs to change, and or c) Old mate has jumped the shark with his movements.

So the clique is rolling in and yet nobody except me actually has a position on whether or not the Carlton song is a) Racist, and or b) Needs to change, and or c) Old mate has jumped the shark with his movements.
I believe the Carlton song is not racist and shouldn't have to be changed - and it won't be changed - and everyone knows that - and the melts about it are hysterical and unnecessary

Ultimately the court of public opinion will judge, as it usually does. Its carlton, so I doubt they'll change it.

I don't know the history of the tune, obviously almost every club song is based on some olden days ditty. If it is a dodgy minstrel song then well... I doubt anyone would know or care except this campaigner brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back