• USA? Who cares? I’m strayan

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • (Insert joke answer)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Post is a deplorable corrupt media outlet with a clear narrative to bring Trump down (like many others).

There are no quotes or anything to back up the figures from what I can see. There is a random quote from Punelli followed up with unsubstantiated figures to paint a certain picture. Piss poor journalism at its finest.

Again scratch the surface and for the love of god ignore mainstream media outlets.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why the * would you pay a bunch of failed mercenaries with a potential connection to to the Grey Wolves (that wasn't mentioned in the WaPo article either) a cent?

President Trump has been speaking at his briefing, saying that compared to other nations, the USA has performed "very well".

"The United States has produced a dramatically better health outcome than any other country, with the possible exception of Germany," President Trump said.

"On a per-capita basis, our mortality rate is far lower than other nations … But you don't hear that, you hear we have more death, but we're a much bigger country.

"We're not number one [in terms of death], China is number one, by a lot, it's not even close. "They're way ahead of us in terms of death. You know it, I know it, they know it, but you don't want to report it."

According to Johns Hopkins University statistics, there have been 38,732 deaths attributed to coronavirus in the United States from 726,645 confirmed cases. China has 4,632 deaths from 83,787 cases. President Trump said some people are trying to politicise the issue of testing.

"I started with an obsolete, broken system from a previous administration.

"Unfortunately, some partisan voices are attempting to politicise the issue of testing, which they shouldn't be doing. Because I inherited broken junk, just as I did with ventilators, where we had virtually none, and the hospitals were empty."

"We're moving along and we're moving along well. "Unfortunately, some partisan voices are trying to politicise the issue of testing, which they shouldn't be doing. Because I inherited broken junk."

Sorry Nutjob. I'd rather read mainstream media where someone puts their name on it, rather than some stuff off the internet with no one responsible.
The Post can get sued,some random off the internet cant

(and I'm saying that without doubting what you're saying about an agenda, of course there is. Just like Fox news has an agenda)

anyway I go with Al jazera for a reasonably neutral view on whats going on

There are plenty of non mainstream media outlets putting their name to it, you just have to look. There are also plenty of accredited people (the opposite to Bill Gates) calling out various issues, but don’t have the platform because people are swept away with corrupt media outlets such as Fox, NBC, The Post, CNN, Etc, Etc.
Trump said in a press conference the other day about how they’re bringing down a major child sex trafficking ring. Not one of the 9 media outlets asked a follow up question. If the bloody president has no platform, what hope does anyone else have?

I don’t know how someone like yourself who admits they have a certain agenda can digest their dribble. Even if some of it is accurate, how do you know what’s agenda driven and what’s not?

Soon enough people will look at what he is doing rather than what he isn’t.

The corruption of the WHO, the takeover of the world bank, the demise of the Cabal, child sex trafficking, Hollywood will never be the same again, the list goes on.

What was the alternative, have Hilary take charge? A bit rich accusing Trump of corruption with that piece of scum campaigning. Wait until her emails hit the surface from our good friend Julian.

Trumps predecessor wasn’t any better than Hilary either, yet a majority of the corrupt media outlets would make you think otherwise.

Never has a username been so apt

There are plenty of non mainstream media outlets putting their name to it, you just have to look. There are also plenty of accredited people (the opposite to Bill Gates) calling out various issues, but don’t have the platform because people are swept away with corrupt media outlets such as Fox, NBC, The Post, CNN, Etc, Etc.
Trump said in a press conference the other day about how they’re bringing down a major child sex trafficking ring. Not one of the 9 media outlets asked a follow up question. If the bloody president has no platform, what hope does anyone else have?

Trump is as much part of the establishment as Hillary or Sanders or anyone else. No one is gonna take what he says about child sex rings seriously after Pizza Gate, his own comments on Epstein and his questionable (at least) history with underage girls.

I don’t know how someone like yourself who admits they have a certain agenda can digest their dribble. Even if some of it is accurate, how do you know what’s agenda driven and what’s not?

Everyone has an agenda, all sources are compromised, even non mainstream ones. Just assume that and work out what agendas could be and what they'd say. Nothing is true and everything is only assessable in terms of probabilities.

If something happened, like this contract which FEMA and one of Panthera's execs both admit, and it suits a publisher like Bezos (who had his stated aim under the masthead of his paper - he wants democracy to die in darkness) hell publish that to make Trump look bad.

The paper didn't mention Panthera Medical's history. Formed in Turkey nearly a decade ago then losing local business partners after what happened in 2016 brought about Erdogan's ongoing purges.

That might be a lead for a real journo.

I think people lose their minds a bit when it comes to Trump.

The fact that they have so many more cases/deaths than other countries is simply a reflection of their relative population size. Spain, Belgium, Iceland, Switzerland, Ireland, Italy and France all have more cases per person than the USA does. Belgium, Spain, Italy, France, the UK, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Sweden all have more deaths per person than the USA does. Europe and North America were sitting ducks for this disease as it is a virus that has been largely carried into and out of wealthy countries by holiday makers. The USA could be doing better and they could be doing worse.

As for the mixed messaging, it has been a day by day proposition from the start and he isn't the only world leader to back pedal. Our PM who apparently has done a good job was saying only a few weeks ago that he is going to the football and we should all do the same.

yep you raise some good points. The problem is that most reporting is agenda driven.But at least if you know who's done the reporting then you can put a certain cynical lens over it . But you are right there are some good non mainstream accredited people out there. But lots are being sponsored by businesses or other organisations.Very hard to check that

Definitely not saying mainstream media isn't without fault either.We had an election here where the current prime minister basically got elected because the left wing orientated media here did nothing but publicize positive stories about our prime minister.It was all Jacinda mania.That was because she was worth money to the media organisations. But they didn't do their job questioning some very dodgy election promises. "Build 100k houses over 10 years" !.try about 1000 in 3 years (if that) !the incumbent Govt got very little airtime !
Now we're pretty lucky that shes doing a reasonable job and the Finance minister is capable, but the rest are ideologists and haven't got a clue about the real world.

But it will be a very sad world when credible mainstream media has gone.

I think people lose their minds a bit when it comes to Trump.

The fact that they have so many more cases/deaths than other countries is simply a reflection of their relative population size. Spain, Belgium, Iceland, Switzerland, Ireland, Italy and France all have more cases per person than the USA does. Belgium, Spain, Italy, France, the UK, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Sweden all have more deaths per person than the USA does. Europe and North America were sitting ducks for this disease as it is a virus that has been largely carried into and out of wealthy countries by holiday makers. The USA could be doing better and they could be doing worse.

As for the mixed messaging, it has been a day by day proposition from the start and he isn't the only world leader to back pedal. Our PM who apparently has done a good job was saying only a few weeks ago that he is going to the football and we should all do the same.

I havent been following it that closely in Aussie as we've problems of our own here, but seems to me it was your state govts that saved your bacon, and should take more of the credit than your prime minister
Would that be fair ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent been following it that closely in Aussie as we've problems of our own here, but seems to me it was your state govts that saved your bacon, and should take more of the credit than your prime minister
Would that be fair ?
I think they've both played their roles. I'm no fan of Morrison, but he has done OK with regards to the health side of the equation. The economic side of it is where he is going to struggle.

Would that be fair ?

Alot easier to deal with 6 states and 2 territories than 50 states Kiwi.

Think the busfire crisis which we were going through as this took off had already seen the federal govt. and states in a heightened sense of co-operation so they just shifted focus very quickly.

See below. It’s a f**k load more than Obama and he has been going for 5 minutes.

I wonder how much of this has been run through mainstream media? I think we know the answer.

C'mon mate he inherited an economy from Obama stimulated by a huge economic stimulus after the GFC .
Much like he inherited US$500m from his old man, which, if he'd put in term deposit he'd be wealthier than he is today.
Financial genius my Ar$e
He's done squat

C'mon mate he inherited an economy from Obama stimulated by a huge economic stimulus after the GFC .
Much like he inherited US$500m from his old man, which, if he'd put in term deposit he'd be wealthier than he is today.
Financial genius my Ar$e
He's done squat

The campaigner has fallen upwards his entire life. He’d be just another fat destitute campaigner if he wasn’t born privileged.

See below. It’s a f**k load more than Obama and he has been going for 5 minutes.

I wonder how much of this has been run through mainstream media? I think we know the answer.

A lot of fake news in that.

I agree with some of his thoughts ideas policies what ever we like to call them and disagree with some but it always amuses me in my little circle of life that when I ask people why they dis like him so much and even hate him 95% of the responses I get is because or because everyone else does and the biggest laugh because a certain celebrity does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back