Twenty Questions for...

Remove this Banner Ad

Chicks - Are they better in Melbourne or Perth ??
Most ladies I speak too are quite keen on Deano, so he's a reasonable one to ask this age old question IMO.

My Question(s) Lach;

1. The trade from Essendon to Fremantle, you were overseas at the time, IIRC. How hard was that for your family and yourself? While you were away did you have contact with both clubs at the time or was it left up to your management team?

2. As most Fremantle supporters know, injuries are a cruel thing. With the likes of Longmuir and Allen around have you sought advice from them in regards to what direction you want to go with life after football? Will we see the title "Assistant Coach Dean Solomon" anytime soon, whether for Fremantle or any other club?

Like your work Lachy
How much of a mentoring role was given to him on arrival at Freo and how much did he just take upon himself.

Who does he think is the heir apparent to take over his 'enforcing' role in the future? Or which of our young players reminds him most of himself when he was just starting out?

What does he think about the speculation that his retirement could result in his good mate Tarrant losing a bit of motivation to play on next year?

As Harves intimated in his interview with Maumill how did the baby bombers cup team have similarities to the current young Freo boys in playing personal ,drive and possible future success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a few ideas:

1. What's your fondest memory during your stay at Fremantle?
2. In your opinion, who is the best player that you have played against?
3. Who takes over your throne as the toughest player at Fremantle now that you have retired? ;)

1. Being a part of that special 2000 Bombers premiership season, What are your best memories or personal highlights of that almost perfect season? On reflection, would that be close to your career highlight?

2. Kevin Sheedy. A legend of Aussie Rules. You obviously would have got to know the man. Is the Kevin Sheedy we seen in the media the same Kevin Sheedy at training or around the club day to day?

3. James Hird. What was your impression of playing alongside a champion of the game?

4. What are your impressions of the Fremantle Football Club as a whole.

We have 20 questions here. Which is fair enough.:thumbsu:
Which may well be limited via the Essendon boards contribution.

Wouldn't the "who is the best etc, Essendon playing days, chicks who he would prefer to root" questions be better left for a later time?

Come on people, please:rolleyes:

After being in a melbourne based club for so long where you only travel 3-5 times a season.
How did you cope with moving to perth an having to travel back an forth every 2nd week?
Did it have much of an effect an take lots of getting used to? or is it an overhyped excuse.

^Very good questions, Sman.

Furthermore, or perhaps just condensing what Sman was trying to say...

In your experience on both sides of the fence, how does Fremantle's (and by extrapolation, other interstate clubs') perceived home ground advantage over travelling Victorian clubs compare to the burden of having to travel to all corners of the continent every second week? Is there a nett advantage or disadvantage?

In addition to time, what do you think Fremantle needs to step into the upper echelon of the competition?

This may have been covered by several other questions, but I am interested to know Dean's thoughts on the differences between Essendon and Freo - in particularly around the late 90s early 2000s (and especially 2003) where they were a powerhouse club and we struggled.

We were comprehensively thrashed by the Bombres in that 2003 final at Subi and I want to know how Essendon approached that game:

• Were they happy they had to play Freo instead of anyone else?
  • Did they know in the back of their minds that we would crumble under pressure?
  • Did the other clubs think Freo were "flaky" or is that just a media/supporter perception?
  • And how has this perception of Freo changed since then (if at all)?
All this might be seen as going over past ground, but I am keen to see if Freo's image (brand;)) has improved since then. And how it has improved, and by how much.

Make sense of that if you can, Lach!

Lach, once again mate, this is an awesome initiative on your part, keep up the great work. as for my questions, here goes:

is the club, in your belief dean, close to sustained success?

after being recruited under chris connolly's tenure, what were your feelings after seeing him resign so soon after both you and chris were signed, and im sure with the thoughts of a premiership being sooner rather than later?

the incident with chris tarrant and the politician in darwin. i think 99% of people think that it was bullshit the way both the politician handled it (an obvious ploy to get some media attention and possible votes in the upcoming election) and i think some would agree with me, the way the club handled it (suspending chris for a week was way over the top). you were with chris at the time, what were your thoughts on the situation, was it a big media beat up? did you think the club acted appropriately? and how disappointed was chris with being suspended? especially since the lady involved didnt even complain.

We have 20 questions here. Which is fair enough.:thumbsu:
Which may well be limited via the Essendon boards contribution.

Wouldn't the "who is the best etc, Essendon playing days, chicks who he would prefer to root" questions be better left for a later time?

Come on people, please:rolleyes:

Now George, Solly has been involved with two greats of the game not to mention that dominant premiership the bombers had in 2000. I was a fan of Hird all through his playing days. I still remember him pulling Essendon together in that elimination final in 03 and leading his team. Was painful but awesome to watch at the same time.

Beleive me, I would love to ask about a Fremantle premiership.

Does he have a girlfriend? Does he like blondes or brunettes? where does he go out in Freo? ( All these on behalf of my daughter of course):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back