UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Only Tier 1 tickets left. I got tier 4...Abit far back but we will be looking into the octagon. Forget Xmas, Bring on the UFC

The card so far:

Robert Whittaker vs Luke Rockhold
Tyson Pedro vs Saparbek Safarov
Jussier Formiga vs Ben Nguyen
Mark Hunt vs Curtis Blaydes
Damien Brown vs Dong Hyun Kim

Also talk about Alexander Vokanovski vs Jeremy Kennedy on the card, but it's a bit underwhelming so far. It's in desperate need of a good co-main event (not convinced Hunt can/should carry that mantle anymore) and should probably have another big middleweight fight on it in case one of the main event guys drop out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrade is already booked to fight Kowalkiewicz

I know she's booked, but surprised they did it the way they did. Tecia and Rose fought less than 2 years ago and Rose won a comfortable decision. I don't get why the #5 ranked contender gets a shot off of 2 average wins and 1 relatively impressive one while the #2 ranked contender just destroyed the previous #1 contender. Personally, I would have swapped them. Have Rose against Andrade and Tecia against Karolina.

Fear not, Ross Pearson vs. Mizuto Hirota just been added.
Why do they seem to think that if they throw a Pom at us and we'll love it. Do think we have some sort of separation anxiety that can only be soothed by addition of an Englishman?

#inbritainwetrust

card just needs bec rawlings on it an we are set.
why wasn't dan hooker saved for this card as a co main?

save the card put paige v torres an just turn the heating on mmmm

Was reading last night rumours of BJ Penn coming over to fight a new guy and Rose Namajunas is linked to Perth. We need the Rose fight to complete the card. Mark hunt shouldn' be the co main

card just needs bec rawlings on it an we are set.
why wasn't dan hooker saved for this card as a co main?

Bed Rawlings... really?

Hooker looked like he came out of his fight yesterday relatively unscathed so hoping they can find him a match up for this card.

Was reading last night rumours of BJ Penn coming over to fight a new guy and Rose Namajunas is linked to Perth. We need the Rose fight to complete the card. Mark hunt shouldn' be the co main

That new guy was Suman Mokhtarian, the guy who hit the teepee triangle and a twister in fights last year. I believe he has retired and Penn effectively rubbished the idea he was fighting, so pretty sure it won't happen.

Cris Cyborg wants to fight Megan Anderson on this card.

We are just 1 championship fight away from the card being complete.

Matthews v Jungliang and Jumeau v Abe recently added to prelims.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back