MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

got to be a rematch I thought rda was smelling blood an got tagged like anyone can do. would love to see a rematch..

lewis winning that fight v nelson is what will put people off ufc fighting,got to give fans a clue how they rate take downs cose so often nelson would of won that fight but in saying that happy he lost the punch omg

other thing I took out was mina will be ranked in the top 10 by years end, an boy oh boy does belai have a future with that jaw ..

record amount of subs in a row in ufc history 5 was it? bring on the aussie tomz

Gotta love "The Black Beast." This is him at the post fight press conference :D

Cm0VfsRVMAQbs7K.jpg

Will watch the fight later but I seen the result...Did not see that happening!

RDA was looking great up until he got staggered. He was pushing Alvarez back and he had just started to really get going too. He was starting to land some good shots. Then he got cracked and it was all but over. Great finishing instincts by Alvarez and RDA was tough as * to stay in it for as long as he did.

I'm happy to see Alvarez win the UFC belt after all his success outside the UFC. It's cool that someone from outside the UFC has come in and won another belt too. Almost everyone (including me) underrates fighters outside the UFC, which is weird considering the success they've had when they get to the UFC. WEC lightweights came to the UFC and took over for a while. Strikeforce had a lot of good fighters come in and do really well, especially at middleweight.

Lewis can become a really good fighter if he improves technically. Right now he's winning fights because he's huge, is really strong and hits so damn hard. He might be the heaviest hitter in the UFC. I actually think he probably is. Hunt hits really hard, but he's also great technically and that allows him to hit his opponents so cleanly. Lewis isn't a very good striker at this stage and he's not at all good in the clinch. On the ground he's not good, but he can power out of bad situations to get back to his feet. I think Lewis getting the nod was the right call by the judges.

I look forward to seeing Muhammad fight again. His chin is ridiculous and he has so much heart to come back the way he did. He came into the fight having trained during Ramadan too, so he was fasting during the day. That's crazy. He was hurting Jouban badly in that 3rd round. Great fight and clear decision for Jouban. Jouban's almost always in fun fights and it's always good to see him on a card.

Nice comeback for Duffy after that Poirier fight. Essentially knocked Clarke out and then submitted him in 25 seconds. Wow.

Just finished main card after getting home from work.

Nice solid win and bounceback after Poirier for Duffy

Muhammad and Jouban was an absorbing contest. Great fight.

What a chin on Roy, obviously dominant on the ground, but if the other guy is smashing you in strikes, I'd rather he won. Lewis was funny as **** after fight, could hardly make out a word :D

Eddie! Was good to hear the crowd get into it and actually played into his hands and fired him up when RDA was in control with really good positioning.

Got the taste buds watering again for the weekend after the Jones crap. Bring on Sat/Sun!

I just finished watching todays event - man that was an awesome card! I really loved everything about it.

The Duffy finish was awesome. Jouban and Muhammed was a war - I can't believe the shots that Muhammed took in the first round, and he still lasted the distance! Jouban took some bombs too, but he clearly won the fight.

Lewis and Nelson was crazy. I can't believe that went the distance either. You wouldn't want to watch fights like that on every card, but seeing 2 monsters just reigning bombs is pretty damn fun :D

I don't even know what to say about Alvarez and Dos Anjos. That result shocked the hell out of me! I haven't checked the thread or any online reports to see whether people were happy with the stoppage - I didn't have a problem with it though. RDA was just getting hammered, and I think Dean's stoppage was pretty perfectly timed in identifying the moment that Dos Anjos stopped intelligently defending himself.

I can't wait for tomorrow's event now, I'm such an unabashed fan of Joanna Champion. It might kind of ruin my weekend if she loses though!

We're so lucky that we get these events on Fox Sports without having to worry about Fight Pass :)

Dos Bum-jos lost his title this morning so all is right in this world.
**** Dos-Anjos, the true Brazillian cheesecake, shouldn't of pulled out of that Mcgregor fight with a bruised foot you bum. Went from the biggest pay day of your life to losing your title in the first round in front of 6 people and the B-Version of Dana White on Fox Fight Night. I bet you staring up at the lights thinkin, ****, where did I go wrong. **** Dos Anjos.

Maybe he should have turned in to a panic wrestler like this guy:

giphy.gif

Maybe he ate too much salad and not enough steak?

Maybe he was too concerned with the balloon animals Eddie was making with his right hand to expect it to land on his jaw.

Maybe you're just a bitter McGregor d*ck rider who is lucky Dos Anjos broke his foot when he did so he didn't break it off in Conor's arse.

Maybe he should have turned in to a panic wrestler like this guy:

giphy.gif

Maybe he ate too much salad and not enough steak?

Maybe he was too concerned with the balloon animals Eddie was making with his right hand to expect it to land on his jaw.

Maybe you're just a bitter McGregor d*ck rider who is lucky Dos Anjos broke his foot when he did so he didn't break it off in Conor's arse.

:D:D:D

Epic reply! Best thing I've read on BF this week!

Dos Bum-jos lost his title this morning so all is right in this world.
**** Dos-Anjos, the true Brazillian cheesecake, shouldn't of pulled out of that Mcgregor fight with a bruised foot you bum. Went from the biggest pay day of your life to losing your title in the first round in front of 6 people and the B-Version of Dana White on Fox Fight Night. I bet you staring up at the lights thinkin, ****, where did I go wrong. **** Dos Anjos.
"TOOL OF THE WEEK" nominee but catching up on a couple of other threads and todays fights there is a few challengers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta be honest I didn't see any 10-8 rounds, at least not based on what judges usually score a 10-8 round. To be honest I was 50/50 on the result as a 48-47 either way wouldn't have suprised me at all.

Right decision I think in the end but the scores seemed off to me.

I think people fall in love with Joanna's hand speed, I'm guilty of it as well, but in reality a lot of what she was throwing was glancing at best. I also want to watch that third round back cause damned if Claudia only landed 8 TOTAL strikes.

I gotta be honest I didn't see any 10-8 rounds, at least not based on what judges usually score a 10-8 round. To be honest I was 50/50 on the result as a 48-47 either way wouldn't have suprised me at all.

Right decision I think in the end but the scores seemed off to me.

I think people fall in love with Joanna's hand speed, I'm guilty of it as well, but in reality a lot of what she was throwing was glancing at best. I also want to watch that third round back cause damned if Claudia only landed 8 TOTAL strikes.
For me it was 48-46 with round 4 being 10-8. 75 total strikes to 6 to me is a 10-8 round even looking back claudia pretty much just stood there for the whole round eating shots and wasn't really doing much

Really? I was rooting for Claudia, but there was definitely at least one 10-8 round in the 4th. Gadelha played the part of punching bag to perfection. She never really appeared hurt, but Joanna did pretty much whatever she wanted in that round and won it convincingly IMO. I though/hoped Claudia was saving something in the tank for round 5, but it appears as though she shot her wad in the first two and a bit rounds.

No surprises with the TUF finals. Sanchez and Suarez looked dominant from the start of the season and looked dominant again in their fights today. Cooper did a little better than I expected considering it was pretty much a grappling fight though.

Choi continues to look amazing. Tavares had been on a decent run, so to starch him with pretty much the first power shot you throw is a great achievement. I love that he called out the Swanson/Kawajiri winner and I think it's a great fight up next for him. Either guy could easily prove to be too much for him at this stage of his career, but I'm interested to see the fight.

Brooks and Pearson was a fun fight. Brooks did better on the feet than I expected against Ross, but had a pretty bad third round. I thought he was going to suffer the same fate as previous champs from other orgs and lose his debut for a little while, but he gutted it out and took the win.

Disappointed for both the Aussies on the undercard. Matthews didn't have the defensive wrestling to hold off Lee and turtled up when Lee had his back which lead to the stoppage. I remember OAM dominated him on the ground during TUF nations, but figured he had fixed that hole in his game as he had looked very strong both wrestling and on the ground in the octagon since then. Zafir started well against Jingliang, but got caught with one good shot and that was all it took. I doubt we'll see him back after two poor showings.

No knock downs, barely any reaaaaaaly hard shots (hence my comment about everyone including me falling in love with her hand speed).

I guess I can see the argument but I just don't agree with it. 48-47 for Joanna.
Thats how I had it.

I've seen people almost murdered & it not be a 10-8 round. That is probably down to poor judging but historically that should not have been a 10-8 based on past adjudication.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back