A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will this year's VAFA Premier Grand Final be played at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
trevor barker oval - 5 to 1

sportscover arena - 20 to 1

ikon oval - 50 to 1

punt road oval - 100 to 1

bedfordgunisland liking anybody who criticises your valuable posts - odds on.

st kevins/afl 2s winning the 2017 flag - betting temporarily suspended due to the flood of funds for the money ballers from an entity called the captain speaking foundation.

suinibestodds - incorporating pendlebet

this weeks games:

mentone to cause further misery to sage scribes lads.

blues to take the honours in the match of the scholars.

grammar to sneak home over the sharks.

captain brian chaoses st kevins/afl 2s to spoil penski’s day and add to max leader’s embarrassment following his claim the purples were the best club team he has seen in his 125 years of following the v.a.f.a. or something like that.

the bellers grow a leg at dairy bell and in the surprise of the round to just get over the line against canada’s best run club.

best footy wishes to all,

sui ni

this weeks games:

captain brian chaoses st kevins/afl 2s to spoil penski’s day and add to max leader’s embarrassment following his claim the purples were the best club team he has seen in his 125 years of following the v.a.f.a. or something like that.

the bellers grow a leg at dairy bell and in the surprise of the round to just get over the line against canada’s best run club.

I'm expecting another big margin in this game just like the first time we came together, but the other way this time. Unfortunately the Lions bit by injury and the travel bug. Enough so that we had to forfeit our thirds game last week, and with a few more headed off o/s this week, the situation only gets worse.

Everyone expected back after the bye, but last week's struggle and this week's struggle always an issue for ammo teams with o/s travel (and mid winter injuries) delivering the double whammy.

I'm expecting another big margin in this game just like the first time we came together, but the other way this time. Unfortunately the Lions bit by injury and the travel bug. Enough so that we had to forfeit our thirds game last week, and with a few more headed off o/s this week, the situation only gets worse.

Everyone expected back after the bye, but last week's struggle and this week's struggle always an issue for ammo teams with o/s travel (and mid winter injuries) delivering the double whammy.

Better to get in early with the player availability excuse. We have seen what happens when (rightly or wrongly) it's used post game. Not pretty. Smart move Penski.

Got to love mid year in the VAFA, SKOB with 23 of our best 22 missing. Guy Martyn and Jimmy Bartel handy inclusions for the back end of the season.

De La will be licking their lips for this weekend, a real chance to stamp their finals ticket with OX losing Johnstone, Skene, Shaw, Goss and Troiani to travel or injury.

Uni Blues purring along nicely, as per my pre season tip.

trevor barker oval - 5 to 1

sportscover arena - 20 to 1

ikon oval - 50 to 1

punt road oval - 100 to 1

bedfordgunisland liking anybody who criticises your valuable posts - odds on.

st kevins/afl 2s winning the 2017 flag - betting temporarily suspended due to the flood of funds for the money ballers from an entity called the captain speaking foundation.

suinibestodds - incorporating pendlebet

this weeks games:

best footy wishes to all,

sui ni

Me...connected at Xavier..as if.
Rooster knows that's not true.
I'm not sure why people here would think that.
I'm just a lover of all things Ammo.
Should have called myself Ammo Man or Ammo Guru or Ammo Lover...

Got to love mid year in the VAFA, SKOB with 23 of our best 22 missing. Guy Martyn and Jimmy Bartel handy inclusions for the back end of the season.

De La will be licking their lips for this weekend, a real chance to stamp their finals ticket with OX losing Johnstone, Skene, Shaw, Goss and Troiani to travel or injury.

Very interesting round.
With those outs at Xavs and at Dairy Bell, De La a big chance. Should Xavs lose, and Colls lose (looking), Xavs will still be 2 games from 2nd.
position and tottering on the brink of slipping out of the 4......who would have thought.

Brian, does Shannon plan to play Jimmy in the midfield or up forward with Guy? Is Gilham ever going to play again? Has Jamar Retired?

Interesting that AM has gone AWOL after speaking to Benny-although he does has more football responsibilities now I suppose.

Johnson the only one of that quartet unlikely to play on Saturday. De La not spared from the mid-season travel curse either and like everyone have plenty missing through injury. It's who is playing that’s important, not who isn’t.

Can’t see Guy Martin handing back his assistant coaching payment for one last shot at glory. His knees are that stuffed he would need a Zimmer frame anyway. Jimmy Bartel? Now I would love to see that. One of may all time faves but as much chance of him playing as there was of Raph Clarke running out for Beauy last week.

Johnson the only one of that quartet unlikely to play on Saturday. De La not spared from the mid-season travel curse either and like everyone have plenty missing through injury. It's who is playing that’s important, not who isn’t.

Can’t see Guy Martin handing back his assistant coaching payment for one last shot at glory. His knees are that stuffed he would need a Zimmer frame anyway. Jimmy Bartel? Now I would love to see that. One of may all time faves but as much chance of him playing as there was of Raph Clarke running out for Beauy last week.

More chance of me playing than J Bartel.......another has been being talked up about playing.

Me...connected at Xavier..as if.
Rooster knows that's not true.
I'm not sure why people here would think that.
I'm just a lover of all things Ammo.
Should have called myself Ammo Man or Ammo Guru or Ammo Lover...
come-on my xavier bro, you know that only we true blue xavers use the term ‘claret and stout’ and you were the one who brought it to this board.

be out and proud of your school heritage and the claret and stout spirit.

heaven knows, captain brian speaking chaotically will take over this menagerie unless we better educated and more refined citizens stick together.

naturally the above sentence applies to all those posters who fall into the ‘better educated………….’ category.

you know who you are.

the money keeps pouring in for a moneyballers flag at suinibestodds - no interest in anyone else speaking as of now.

what is the story at maplebet?

bro canada, we must have a tipple when you pop-in from adelaide.

yours, ever so humbly,

sui ni

come-on my xavier bro, you know that only we true blue xavers use the term ‘claret and stout’ and you were the one who brought it to this board.

be out and proud of your school heritage and the claret and stout spirit.

heaven knows, captain brian speaking chaotically will take over this menagerie unless we better educated and more refined citizens stick together.

naturally the above sentence applies to all those posters who fall into the ‘better educated………….’ category.

you know who you are.

the money keeps pouring in for a moneyballers flag at suinibestodds - no interest in anyone else speaking as of now.

what is the story at maplebet?

bro canada, we must have a tipple when you pop-in from adelaide.

yours, ever so humbly,

sui ni

What is the broadcast game for sat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian, does Shannon plan to play Jimmy in the midfield or up forward with Guy? Is Gilham ever going to play again? Has Jamar Retired?

Interesting that AM has gone AWOL after speaking to Benny-although he does has more football responsibilities now I suppose.
If you look at our team list from last week, you'll see 80% are 22 and under, with seven 20 and under, that's the template!

Last edited:
If you look at our team list from last week, you'll see 80% are 22 and under, with seven 20 and under, that's the template!

Briza, do you really believe the stuff you write? Go with something believable if you going to pump up your beloved team. The injury posts are always rediculous and this ain't much better.
We all know Lynch, Salopek, Salopek, Brown, Schulz, Dowd and Strauss are nowhere near 22. I'm guessing there are plenty more who aren't, but hey 7 out of 22 is 31.8%
I don't think I can be bothered checking the other 15 out.. but please...I have told you a million times...do not exaggerate.

Briza, do you really believe the stuff you write? Go with something believable if you going to pump up your beloved team. The injury posts are always rediculous and this ain't much better.
We all know Lynch, Salopek, Salopek, Brown, Schulz, Dowd and Strauss are nowhere near 22. I'm guessing there are plenty more who aren't, but hey 7 out of 22 is 31.8%
I don't think I can be bothered checking the other 15 out.. but please...I have told you a million times...do not exaggerate.
Ginies is also 25 this year. 8/22.

In other news, Jimmy Bartel training at SKOBs last night.......

Zac must have illegally played in the VAFA under 19 team in around 2013!
I notice ex Bomber Ariel Steinberg has registered with Prahran, and Tom Curran, who unfortunately never played an AFL game because of multiple serious foot fractures, has registered with Collegians.

I notice ex Bomber Ariel Steinberg has registered with Prahran, and Tom Curran, who unfortunately never played an AFL game because of multiple serious foot fractures, has registered with Collegians.

Tom Curran (ex Wesley) has already played a game for the reserves and would you believe it, broke a finger in the first few minutes. Talk about a kid that has just had the worst luck imaginable with injuries.

Just did a quick google search. 2012 side as a 2nd year 19. Add 5 years to a bloke turning 20 in 2012.... you get 25 this year.

Tom Curran (ex Wesley) has already played a game for the reserves and would you believe it, broke a finger in the first few minutes. Talk about a kid that has just had the worst luck imaginable with injuries.
Poor bugger, talk about bad luck, sounds like the great and much loved Stuey Powell, just couldn't get a clear run at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back