VFL VFL round 12 v Casey @ Casey Fields. Sunday June 12th. 2:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my opinion
Esp when a game is gone
I’m repeating, but even in a strong side it’s hard to rack up possessions / develop game when you’re placed on HBF / HFF
Put them in the middle and see their desire to get the ball
Agree about HFF, but HBF is a piece of piss (provided you aren’t on Dusty or Kouta).

You'd trade Poulter for a high 2nd rounder if it was offered without a doubt.

Poulter is currently suffering from Cal Brown-itis. He gets the ball and kicks it across his body in the general direction of the end we are kicking to. Less panicked, perhaps, but no intent to hurt the opposition with his disposals.

Poulter is currently suffering from Cal Brown-itis. He gets the ball and kicks it across his body in the general direction of the end we are kicking to. Less panicked, perhaps, but no intent to hurt the opposition with his disposals.
Poulter has good skills.
Nothing like Brown at all.

From this game -
Poulter, Kelly and Carmichael showed they have something to work with - no standouts.

And Begg. Was competing well all day. And in a day that wasn’t made for the talls did well in making sure his presents was around the ball.

Poulter needs to clean his disposal up. It is poor.

For a first up game Carmichael was good without being great. Passable first out game. Looking for better from him when he settles in.

Kelly looked good when he was loose. However actually defending is the problem for him. But given he can be the 3rd or 4th banana in the defense, we can find a role for him. Plenty to work with.

Callum Callum Callum. There were two people who got more than 30 possessions today. One was really effective and help their team win and the other was Callum Brown. It was o e of the worst 32 possessions game I’ve seen. Half the possessions were ineffective and the other half were barely effective. Unfortunately for Callum he is a double/triple grabber. And as a mid in the AFL, you can’t do that. Unfortunately.

Chugg has plenty to work with, but may be running out of time to show it. Better pull his finger out as he has a skill set that can be used in the AFL.

McMahon is a long way off. But will survive this year and should continue to improve. Not a good day for him.

The rest don’t slide serve a mention after todays performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae played until half time, then they pulled him off. He accumilated 13 disposals. 10 tackes 2 clearances

Just turned 18-year old, Riley Voulanas had 5 tackles and a goal in his limited game time. The ball rarely came into the forward line so can't blame him for not getting many touches. And he is very thin too. But he did quite well I thought. And one I'd definitely keep an eye on during the year. Has a bit of x factor about him.

Chuggy mark of the year. That was just insane stuff, especially for someone his height! Shame the wind had the fall fade, because that definitely deserved a goal. I think this forward-mid spot is one we can work with.

Beggy didn't train AT ALL this week given he has been sick, but you wouldn't know it given he played quite well today. 15 hitouts. 7 tackles for the lad.

Draper is one I want to highlight. I thought it was his best game. And I liked how they put him into the midfield, which is exactly where he should be playing. You can tell he has more confidence in himself and physically which he didn't have before. Big step forward for him. 13 disposals. 3 clearances. 3 tackles.

Kelly
, is another one who I thought took another step forward. For the 2nd week in a row. I thought he did quite well. Seems to now believes in himself. Tough conditions and wasn't easy being a defender with the amount of ball that was coming down there. But thought there was definitely improvement.
16 disposals. 2 tackles. 5 marks.

On VFL debut, Josh Carmichael, definitely got better as the gaame went on. 22 disposals. 10 tackles. 3 clearances. For someone new to the VFL, the system, to our game plan. It was a good start. He'll be better for the run and get better with more games.
The conditions didn't make ball use easy, but he looked to win the hard ball, liked to fight for it. Which will help in the long run.

On the game overall, definitely felt kids v men. Casey clearly a class above, and no surprise why they are undefeated. They jumped us early and clearly understand the conditions better given they train there. We had a few opportunities early but couldn't make them work. In the 2nd half, definitely a lot more competitive and made the scoreboard look a bit more repectably than it could have been if the status quo continued.

The bye next week. But then, we have Brisbane. We need to win that to stay in contention for finals.

And Begg. Was competing well all day. And in a day that wasn’t made for the talls did well in making sure his presents was around the ball.

Poulter needs to clean his disposal up. It is poor.

For a first up game Carmichael was good without being great. Passable first out game. Looking for better from him when he settles in.

Kelly looked good when he was loose. However actually defending is the problem for him. But given he can be the 3rd or 4th banana in the defense, we can find a role for him. Plenty to work with.

Callum Callum Callum. There were two people who got more than 30 possessions today. One was really effective and help their team win and the other was Callum Brown. It was o e of the worst 32 possessions game I’ve seen. Half the possessions were ineffective and the other half were barely effective. Unfortunately for Callum he is a double/triple grabber. And as a mid in the AFL, you can’t do that. Unfortunately.

Chugg has plenty to work with, but may be running out of time to show it. Better pull his finger out as he has a skill set that can be used in the AFL.

McMahon is a long way off. But will survive this year and should continue to improve. Not a good day for him.

The rest don’t slide serve a mention after todays performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking at the stats of the game re Callum Brown for all players on the ground, equal 1st in score involvements, equal first in contested possessions, 1st in tackles, equal 2nd in total possessions
he can’t of been that bad

Didn’t get to see the game today what happened to Macrae? Was watching the stats he seemed to get the footy early then just stopped. Did he get injured?
I'm assuming he's a carryover for tomorrow in case someone is sick or injured. Didn't play second half.

Tyler and Ruscoe didn't play. I wonder if one is injured?

Callum Brown was the Magpies' best in their disappointing 52-point loss to Casey.

The father-son Pie amassed 32 disposals, laid 12 tackles and won six clearances in a brilliant performance.

Mid-season draftee Josh Carmichael was busy with 22 touches and laid 10 tackles to put his name in the mix for a senior debut.

Youngsters Caleb Poulter (25 disposals) and Trent Bianco (17) were prominent, while Isaac Chugg produced the highlight of the day with a cracking hanger.

Did they even watch the match? AFL round up and I would hardly say Bianco was prominent.

Disagree, not a fan on these two but fact is fact

Brown & Bianco easily the best 2 unfortunately

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I sometimes think I watch a different game to others.

I don’t see it with either Kelly or Chugg. I think Bianco and Chugg should be gone at the end of the year unless form dramatically changes. Cal Brown I’m comfortable calling it now.

Kelly would depend on we do trade wise. If we find another key defender via trade I’d delist or potentially move to the rookie.

Poulter I’d be open to trade if he wanted back to SA and it somehow got us back into the second round.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back