VFL VFL round 12 v Casey @ Casey Fields. Sunday June 12th. 2:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does he / they persist playing him on the right hand wing? His total leftfootedness means he always has to turn inside to kick. When we go outside he can't kick...basic stuff Pies.
It might be intentional. Trying to get him to go inboard?

I sometimes think I watch a different game to others.

I don’t see it with either Kelly or Chugg. I think Bianco and Chugg should be gone at the end of the year unless form dramatically changes. Cal Brown I’m comfortable calling it now.

Kelly would depend on we do trade wise. If we find another key defender via trade I’d delist or potentially move to the rookie.

Poulter I’d be open to trade if he wanted back to SA and it somehow got us back into the second round.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ve been a critic of Kelly but today was his best performance this season.
If he can continue to build and put in the necessary application he can make it.
Any kid with his natural athleticism and size only needs a level head and focus to succeed.

Yep, he's done almost zero since joining the list a year ago, has only a few more VFL games to earn another contract.

Johnson was returning from a significant injury, on a day we got badly beaten, in weather conditions that don't suit tall forwards and with managed minutes. Sure it wasn't a great game but I don't think it's any cause to be so fatalistic.

You can make all the excuses, he's 24 years old and playing at VFL level, he should never be getting 1 touch per quarter.
You asked what’s up with him. I was simply answering your question.

I guess that was my fault for answering your question seriously when you just wanted people to start poo throwing with you.

Johnson was returning from a significant injury, on a day we got badly beaten, in weather conditions that don't suit tall forwards and with managed minutes. Sure it wasn't a great game but I don't think it's any cause to be so fatalistic.
I heard a great quote the other day. "I don't care if the glass is half empty or half full - I'm going to drink from the cup." Kappa is more along the lines of he doesn't care and he's going to pick it up and smash it against the wall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not even think about drafting him in the future. As TD remarked, he looks like he plays under 12s. No more short people.
With these NGAs, if they don't make the main draft, we can add them as Cat B - he's unlikely to get drafted, but as a Cat B, he might be a better chance than some Irish kid.

I’ve been a critic of Kelly but today was his best performance this season.
If he can continue to build and put in the necessary application he can make it.
Any kid with his natural athleticism and size only needs a level head and focus to succeed.

The thing with him is even if he plays well he'll have a couple of what i've dubbed "kelly moments". There are players that are prone to blunders and/or are clumsy and he is one of them. Stuff like during one game early in the season, with the game on the line, he kicked out from a behind and stubbed his toe, almost losing it for us. Or another where it started raining and he chose that moment to bounce the ball that of course didn't bounce back. Just brain fades or bizarre moments where I just can't see it for him at senior level under triple pressure.

looking at the stats of the game re Callum Brown for all players on the ground, equal 1st in score involvements, equal first in contested possessions, 1st in tackles, equal 2nd in total possessions
he can’t of been that bad

The stats they take mean sh1t if he can’t ever use it properly. You don’t have to listen to me. Watch the game.

But sometimes the truth hurts. He is not up to AFL standard. It’s a pity. But it is what it is…..time to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macrae was very good in the first half he played

Best I’ve seen from him this year. Still gets caught ball watching too much. Would still like to see him bring more defensive intensity. But he’s moving in the right direction.

The thing with him is even if he plays well he'll have a couple of what i've dubbed "kelly moments". There are players that are prone to blunders and/or are clumsy and he is one of them. Stuff like during one game early in the season, with the game on the line, he kicked out from a behind and stubbed his toe, almost losing it for us. Or another where it started raining and he chose that moment to bounce the ball that of course didn't bounce back. Just brain fades or bizarre moments where I just can't see it for him at senior level under triple pressure.
Maynard commonly had 1-2 similar blunders especially earlier in his career. I used to hope he’d have them early in the match, so they wouldn’t hurt us late.

looking at the stats of the game re Callum Brown for all players on the ground, equal 1st in score involvements, equal first in contested possessions, 1st in tackles, equal 2nd in total possessions
he can’t of been that bad

Nowhere near as bad as some here suggest, was among our better players.

Will be extremely surprised if Kelly gets a senior game any time soon.

Kelly is an enigma. The product of being brought up not hungry for anything. Probably breast fed for too long also. Instead of being thrown to the wolves like the Spartans. His old man was an animal with far less skills. Or height.

He has some really good traits and should be much more than he is. Maybe he needs a stern talking to or a belting to wake him up by the playing group. To make him understand that we could use a 195cm tall mobile defender at the moment. Especially his age bracket.

Does some really good things then will not put his body in the spots to stop the forward taking an easy mark or kicking a goal.

Not too sure how much longer you can wait for him to wake the F$&@K up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nowhere near as bad as some here suggest, was among our better players.
Of course he is! With 32 possessions in a side that is smashed, he has to be among the best. Problem is that when he is promoted to the seniors on the strength of good VFL form, he will again be among the very worst.

Of course he is! With 32 possessions in a side that is smashed, he has to be among the best. Problem is that when he is promoted to the seniors on the strength of good VFL form, he will again be among the very worst.

Because we’ll play him as a small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back