State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the weather forcast for Melbourne next week end there will be no cricket next week end either.That must have been a great knock by Jake Fraser-McGurk yesterday in Sydney.146 off 180 balls 17x 4 and 2 x 6.

Medium chance of showers in afternoon and evening? They’ll be fine, high chance of rain where I live so we’ll probably start and get washed out 😢😢

Medium chance of showers in afternoon and evening? They’ll be fine, high chance of rain where I live so we’ll probably start and get washed out 😢😢
Translation: My side will bowl first, roll them for 140, be 2/110 when the rain comes and not get back on

Translation: My side will bowl first, roll them for 140, be 2/110 when the rain comes and not get back on

Last year was great, first 3-4 weeks were rain affected. We’d bowl first, I’d open get a couple of wickets then we’d be washed out by drinks. Perfect, didn’t have to do any fielding 😂😂

Last year was great, first 3-4 weeks were rain affected. We’d bowl first, I’d open get a couple of wickets then we’d be washed out by drinks. Perfect, didn’t have to do any fielding 😂😂
I'm more of a middle overs to death bowler haha

Squad released: Brody Couch (FC debut), Xavier Crone (FC debut), Travis Dean, Peter Handscomb (c), Sam Harper (+), Jonathon Merlo, Wil Parker, James Pattinson, Mitch Perry, James Seymour, Matt Short, Will Sutherland

Interesting calls have been made, Puck is obviously still recovering. JFM very unlucky not to be the one pulled instead of Couch, as we do have Merlo and Seymour as players who can bowl of seamers in there as well. I'd be giving Couch the gig over Crone personally, he's an exciting talent.

EDIT: Got confused between McClure and Couch, sorry.

Last edited:
Why in the world are they not playing Fraser-McGurk?
Because they don't want him to die after playing second XI for 4 days then back up forthe Shield game.

He's 19 years old and a batsman not a bowler.

Not sure he'd die
Exactly, hardly as if he's a seasoned veteran. People comment regularly on the fact that 5 days of cricket in a row is a lot, 8 days is next level.

I was exaggerating but still, it's better to rest him instead of letting him risk a soft tissue injury

Exactly, hardly as if he's a seasoned veteran. People comment regularly on the fact that 5 days of cricket in a row is a lot, 8 days is next level.

I was exaggerating but still, it's better to rest him instead of letting him risk a soft tissue injury
My bad, I thought the game had finished but not until tomorrow.

I still think he's too much of a talent not to have in the Shield side batting against quality bowlers.

My bad, I thought the game had finished but not until tomorrow.

I still think he's too much of a talent not to have in the Shield side batting against quality bowlers.
I think it was a case of the fact we weren't sure if there were batting spots available and elected to guarantee him a match rather than wait and have Merlo jump in instead.

Travis Dean this is a joke how many chances can this guy get
We've lost most of our other openers insterstate. Even in the second XI we have a feast or famine Rogers (3 centuries, 2 fifties, 6 scores under 10 last year) and a guy who's batted 4 or 5 most of his career in Jackson opening. Not much else available with Vines and Stepien moving interstate, Puck injured, Harris and Maddinson picked in Australian squads. Blake Thomson might be unlucky but otherwise I don't think you can blame them for picking a guy they know is okay in a relatively inexperienced side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Art Vandelay_ you know anything about this Josh Garner? Seems to have bowled well in the second XI with 4/28 off 20 overs over the two innings.

Art Vandelay_ you know anything about this Josh Garner? Seems to have bowled well in the second XI with 4/28 off 20 overs over the two innings.
A bit of a bolter. Still a schoolboy and wasn’t meant to play 1st’s that much last season but came on

Squad released: Brody Couch (FC debut), Xavier Crone (FC debut), Travis Dean, Peter Handscomb (c), Sam Harper (+), Jonathon Merlo, Wil Parker, James Pattinson, Mitch Perry, James Seymour, Matt Short, Will Sutherland

Interesting calls have been made, Puck is obviously still recovering. JFM very unlucky not to be the one pulled instead of Couch, as we do have Merlo and Seymour as players who can bowl of seamers in there as well. I'd be giving Couch the gig over Crone personally, he's an exciting talent.

EDIT: Got confused between McClure and Couch, sorry.
I think you’ve mentioned it a few times but Seymour is an off-spinner.

What bullshit this cricket season is again, we only play NSW now the bullshit BBL starts all we get is bullshit T20 crap, and the ashes are on and we are playing T20 FFS

It rates and it gives people some cricket to watch every night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back