State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Blues. Were top all year.
When the last CS - Melbourne wicket fell, I feared only one team would be able to chase it down in Premiere Cricket. Fears became reality when the winning runs were hit by the two blues.

Best side all year, when young Jai Lemire came out at 3, i knew, even losing that wicket, they were still going to keep going

434639761_928789929253108_8043263074755422492_n.jpg

433125634_928786059253495_2761089593532122997_n.jpg

Ferg cleaning up the awards

Last edited:

I accessed what seems a similar article via Code Sport, which also mentions:

- It’s understood the Vics will also part ways with mature-age quickie Matt Fotia, who was on a one-year deal.
Fotia captured 36 Premier Cricket wickets this summer but battled for form in the Victorian Second XI, taking just three wickets from his four matches.

- Elsewhere, NSW batter Jason Sangha will also join SA, which last week lost coach Jason Gillespie.

- The futures of NSW veterans Kurtis Patterson and Daniel Hughes are also uncertain, but Josh Philippe is set to move from Western Australia to join NSW, where he already plays for the Sydney Sixers.

- Fellow gloveman Baxter Holt could head the other way to WA, which is also eyeing ex-Melbourne Stars and Vics paceman Brody Couch.

- Young NSW quick Tom Straker is being linked to a rookie spot in SA.

- Test spinner Matt Kuhnemann is set to move from Queensland to Tasmania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Maddinson want to go back to NSW and why wouldn’t Vic want to recontract him?

Vic may have wanted to, but this from earlier in the article reads like it’s his decision - maybe family related

Speculation about his return to NSW has been swirling in Victorian cricket for a few weeks and it’s understood he has told Vic officials he will be going back to his home state.

Tasmania - where state battlers go to die
Nah it's a good move for Kuhnemann. Will be the number one spinner and get regular FC cricket.
I'm perplexed by the Baxter Holt mentioning...surplus to requirements here in WA. I hope the young lad (Joel Curtis I think) who played ahead of Phillipe earlier this season gets first crack when Inglis isn't there.

From what I've heard it's personal reasons for Maddo.

With him gone and Puck likely to retire as well, should open the door for a combination of Brasher, Thomson, Chandrasinghe or Rogers when Short's on national duties.

From what I've heard it's personal reasons for Maddo.

With him gone and Puck likely to retire as well, should open the door for a combination of Brasher, Thomson, Chandrasinghe or Rogers when Short's on national duties.
We’re in for a rough time unless one of these can metamorphose into a Test hopeful - at the moment there’s not many signs that any of them will

We’re in for a rough time unless one of these can metamorphose into a Test hopeful - at the moment there’s not many signs that any of them will
I think if Chandrasinghe can get his SR up to the late 30's and be able to turn the strike over consistently at FC/2nd XI level he can get there.

If Maddo and possibly Pucovksi are out, I'd look at Burns. We saw what happened with WA when they went too top heavy with kids in the batting department

Harry Dixon might get a look at FC cricket earlier than expected.
Can also have a look at guys like Thomson and Brasher, who have been performing in district cricket.
All downgrades on Maddinson and Puc though, so wouldn't be against talking to the likes of Joe Burns or Kurtis Patterson if they're let go.

Joe Burns is cooked, so no thanks.
I really wish posters learned what synonyms are.
Then we wouldn’t need to always hear the same dull terms over and over.
It would even be cool if people started thinking of different synonyms as a need to fit in, rather than the just repeat the terms they’ve heard to fit in.

I really wish posters learned what synonyms are.
Then we wouldn’t need to always hear the same dull terms over and over.
It would even be cool if people started thinking of different synonyms as a need to fit in, rather than the just repeat the terms they’ve heard to fit in.
ok then, I think his form (and age) doesn't warrant us offering him a contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back