Autopsy vs Richmond - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't even make 20mtr kicks, we somehow manage to kick it to opposition advantage every time. So many one paced players who aren't good at anything else to compensate.

McKay was good and should be persisted with, you can run McKay on the big forwards, Maj intecept and Tarrant in the Scotty T big or small role. Walker should stay forward.

Send anyone in that is playing injured/needs a clean up. Now.

We did do this some years ago now. Why the hell not? Do it

Am a bit concerned about our kids getting smashed like Kyron and Mahoney

- Our skills are atrocious. Basic skill errors just kill us. Hayden, Pittard, Hall, Bonar and Marley Williams the main culprits.
- Goal kicking wasn't great. Never going to be competitive with 2 goals for the whole game. Even in junk time we couldn't finish.
- Can't win a game of football with 6 inside 50s at half time.
- Wood, Atley, McMillian. Words can't describe.
- Injuries. Can't take a trick. Bring back the groin guru! How Ziebell played I don't know.
- Happy Rhyce threw the magnets around. Walker was good up forward but Pittard didn't.
- A real disappointing night.
- Higgins at 36 touches with no real influence. Dumont, Taylor and McKay battled hard.

I know most of us would like players too be dropped on that performance but if you look at who's available, I don't think there will be many changes.

Carlton will absolute dominate us :(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach has NFI. It’s like he is trying to handicap the team before they take the field.

Bizarre selections, playing players out of position, playing injured players.

I couldn’t give a * how slow Tom Murphy is, he can’t be worse than Bonar as a defender and * Hosie must be a massive potato if he is a worse forward than Pittard?

Unless Shaw is tanking we may have a dud on our hands.

We hold on to contested footy like a incel and his anime * doll. It's a ******* fetish. Hawthorn and Geelong showed it's what you do with it that matters.

Teams are happy for us to belt in and get knocked out and all that s**t. They sit back knowing they'll get it back. Tonight the kicking wasn't just misdirected. There were floaters, some nearly missed the foot entirely. No gameplan can overcome the fact we have VFL skills.

Not that I'm endorsing Brad Scott, however under him, usually if we won the clearances and contested possessions we also won the match. Some of it comes down to the shocking skills of the players, but some of it must also be the gameplan/system. We won those indicators by a fair bit and got soundly spanked, not looking good from the coaches

Our ability to absorb and handle pressure is non existent.

We try and apply it back, I see it, but it’s rarely at the same level.

I understand everyone wants to point the finger at Shaw but I think we need to remember he is a first year senior coach with a crap list. Anyone who thinks he needs to go is missing the point as to why we signed him. Let him do his job and let the blowtorch come mid next year if we are still in the same position (and playing the same dead wood).

Embarrassing, an absolute rabble.

Get a look at some fresh faces for the rest of the year, so many blokes I never want to see wearing the jumper again.

Some serious cleaning needs to be done to this list, goal for the off season is to get a handful of blokes in who can actually kick a ******* sherrin.

Higgo great, Taz solid, personally thought Ben McKay done very well and should keep his spot. Froggy good. Taylor keeps showing promise. Not much else, Jy battled well but wasn’t 100%.

Decision to play JZ ******* disastrous, especially after the Cunnington farce. Game plan is a joke, echo my point last week tear it up and start again.

Brown should be playing a scratchie next week confidence is absolutely shot.

Just ******* s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back