List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharp is two years ahead of chesser, and when Sharp was in his 3rd year like chesser is now he wasn’t getting the kind the kind of stats he is getting at Freo.

In fact if you compare them both in their 3rd seasons, Chesser compares favourably to Sharp.

bedab7c0a8b3513f7f5d451b5051bc26.jpg

b681ba7f7b3511c42adeb3b70198f029.jpg
b33c29941c9798b2ed5a190dc93a5f70.jpg

But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good melt.

I think you're missing the point.

I'm not comparing Sharp to Chesser, anyone with half a brain could see that.

I'm comparing sharp to every single part time wingman we've had since Gaff. I even listed them in my post. You don't need to come in white knighting for Chesser. It was a dig at how WCE use their wings these days, and the fact they don't impact games like other wingman do.

Legit my post beforehand was giving Chesser an out and suggesting it was the club utilizing him incorrectly. The opposite of a dig.

But don't let wetting your pants get in the way of a good story.

Pick 14 is not the same as pick 2. Completely different levels of talent expected. Clueless.

Durham has played 50 games so irrelevant. He was at same level of Chesser in his first 20 games.

Hill is like 30 lol. Wanganeen Milera has played 50 games so irrelevant. He was at same level as Chesser in his first 20 games.

McKenzie hasn’t been much better than Chesser this year. He also plays in the middle a bit. Also a higher draft pick.

So currently we have Darcy Wilson and possibly McKenzie. Anyone else?
How about Sam Clohesy of the Suns? Here's his effort tonight courtesy of AFL.com

[Sixth-gamer Sam Clohesy was one of Gold Coast’s best on the night, finishing with 23 touches, six marks and 632 metres gained including two long-range goals in the first half.] Sure you'll find a reason to discount exactly what you reckon doesn't exist. BTW all Clohesy's career stats measures are ahead of Chesser's.

Last edited:
How about Sam Clohesy of the Suns? Here's his effort tonight courtesy of AFL.com

[Sixth-gamer Sam Clohesy was one of Gold Coast’s best on the night, finishing with 23 touches, six marks and 632 metres gained including two long-range goals in the first half.] Sure you'll find a reason to discount exactly what you reckon doesn't exist. BTW all Clohesy's career stats measures are ahead of Chesser's.
Never said it doesn’t exist lol. Sam clohesy is a great example and is a very good young player.

Are you suggesting my reasons for discounting all those other examples given was unfair hahaha.

Weird that he slipped to a rookie selection.

Every other winger in every team. Draft numbers mean jack diddly. Always some gems later and sometimes crabs early, especially at 14
I can’t figure out if you are trolling or not. Where a player gets drafted has a pretty high correlation with how good they are. Expecting Chesser to be as good as Reid or wardlaw is brain dead.

Never said it doesn’t exist lol. Sam clohesy is a great example and is a very good young player.

Are you suggesting my reasons for discounting all those other examples given was unfair hahaha.

Weird that he slipped to a rookie selection.
Not sure why the lol was necessary. You wrote, verbatim, "I challenge you to find other afl wingers with less than 20 games averaging a higher afl player rating. Darcy Wilson is one. Any others ?" And even you concede Clohesy answers the challenge you set. Challenging people to find something pretty much suggests you don't think they can, ie they don't exist.

Last edited:
Not sure why the lol was necessary. You wrote, verbatim, "I challenge you to find other afl wingers with less than 20 games averaging a higher afl player rating. Darcy Wilson is one. Any others ?" And even you concede Clohesy answers the challenge you set. Challenging people to find something pretty much suggests you don't think they can, ie they don't exist.
I mean I obviously think it can occur because I literally provided an example myself. What you saying doesn’t make much sense.

Not once did I say there are no young wingers better than Chesser. Just wanted the bloke to have a bit more nuance in his criticism. Not just “he doesn’t go hard enough!!!”.

I love a bet. I bet tomorrow he gets 10 or less possessions, kicks 3 straight to the pies and maybe accidentally lays one tackle!!!!!
Why else is he afforded 22 games of less than average performances and others on the list aren't??? Answer that

Wrong!

14D, 79% DE, 2 tackles.

Does that mean you delete your account now?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought he was pretty good today, especially in the first half when the heat was on. Appeared.to be in better places, was a few times more he should have been used.

He’s definitley getting to better places when oppo have the ball. He’s starting to present as an option when we move the ball outside 50.

I thought his kicking was actually pretty classy today.

Bit by bit he is gaining in confidence. Alot of the rushed handballs that end up as turnovers are out of his game now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I obviously think it can occur because I literally provided an example myself. What you saying doesn’t make much sense.

Not once did I say there are no young wingers better than Chesser. Just wanted the bloke to have a bit more nuance in his criticism. Not just “he doesn’t go hard enough!!!”.
No, what you are doing makes no sense. You put out a challenge and when that challenge was successfully answered the best ypu could come up with was "lol" (which is an embarrassing term to use anyway). If, as it seems by what you're saying good young wingers are around, it makes your "challenge" somewhat pointless and self defeating.

No, what you are doing makes no sense. You put out a challenge and when that challenge was successfully answered the best ypu could come up with was "lol" (which is an embarrassing term to use anyway). If, as it seems by what you're saying good young wingers are around, it makes your "challenge" somewhat pointless and self defeating.
Imagine having a meltdown because someone typed lol. I’m not even sure what point you are trying to make so have a good day.

He has such a low base anytime he looks like a half decent human being we cartwheel over it.

He just ain’t good
Pfft. Getting better (slowly, sure) and was coming from a long way back when drafted. Should definitely persevere.

The exact type of player who will thrive with support from the club and fans, rather than derision.

Pfft. Getting better (slowly, sure) and was coming from a long way back when drafted. Should definitely persevere.

The exact type of player who will thrive with support from the club and fans, rather than derision.

Chesser is getting better every week. Young players development is never linear.

Chesser is starting to show some signs that might actually come on very quickly in the second half of this year.

Wrong!

14D, 79% DE, 2 tackles.

Does that mean you delete your account now?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Quite a few of those were in the third when it was kick to kick across the half backline from memory, could be wrong. He was ok, has moments, certainly no break out game as yet.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Quite a few of those were in the third when it was kick to kick across the half backline from memory, could be wrong. He was ok, has moments, certainly no break out game as yet.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk
He was involved in 33% of our scores so can’t have been kicking it around the backline too much.

The obvious answer to that was your claim I was having a "meltdown" simply by not allowing you to weasel out of avoiding your own words.
This discussion is so ridiculous I can’t even figure out what I’m meant to be weaselling out of. You have generated an entire discussion off me saying “lol”. Something I spent zero thought typing out. Says it all really. But I apologise I have learnt my lesson not to use words such as “challenge” and “lol”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back