List Mgmt. Welcome Elijah Hewett (Pick 14, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Rookie Me Draft kicking was listed as an improvement for the reason below

This desire to move the ball forward at pace has led to some inconsistencies with his kicking

STRENGTHS:

• Agility
  • Contested game
  • Explosiveness
  • Speed-endurance mix
  • Strength

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Consistency
  • Kicking

I didn't watch the Freo game, and after seeing the result saved my time.

Did he have a bad game kicking wise? Through his draft years he was a very good kick, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Some scrubbers when trying to hit the bullet pass. Also some that were off the mark distance wise. When kicking in the back half I reckon he tries to keep the ball down so it can't be picked off, which can lead to it being fumbled or taken on the half volley.

One centering kick from the wing was a genuine outside of the boot miskick that happens to the best of em.

I don't think it's cause for concern just yet. His production is looking better despite not being exposed to the midfield very much. ~70% TOG, 20 touches, 50% contested, only attended 8 CBD but converted that into 3 centre clearances. As a forward flanker pinch hitting in the mid that's pretty good.

Johnson had a better game but the last few rounds of the year are to reward players who have shown good form for longer.

Explicitly says it on the rising star webpage
Johnson is also ineligible for the Rising Star because of suspension, but I don't know if that would prevent him from being nominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until Harley Reid comes along of course
Not anymore...
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Since the moment we called out this BSD's name and we went to his staged phoney excitement I have been stoked. This kid is a star in the making and will not be denied.

Will be the best of his draft cohort.

Since the moment we called out this BSD's name and we went to his staged phoney excitement I have been stoked. This kid is a star in the making and will not be denied.

Will be the best of his draft cohort.
How large is his cohort?

Interesting that Hewett only took a 2 year extension whilst Ginbey got 3 years.

I assume he's chosen that, believing a pay day will come earlier. Backing himself in. Not surprised

From previous years the club always offers 3 whilst the managers chase 2 for the exact reason you've said - chance to cash in if their form is good.

Have to say that the club appears to have worked out exactly what pick they needed to get him. A bit surprised he was available at 14, but looking back you can see there aren't too many question marks above him either. Busslinger obviously hasn't played yet, but imagine we'd have taken him if Dogs had taken Hewett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back