List Mgmt. Welcome Elijah Hewett (Pick 14, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of you who are a little worried about his kicking, LDU was a very (and still pretty woeful) at kicking. He’s improved immensely and could attribute it to him being held in a higher regard. Maybe this will the be the path for Elijah.

For those of you who are a little worried about his kicking, LDU was a very (and still pretty woeful) at kicking. He’s improved immensely and could attribute it to him being held in a higher regard. Maybe this will the be the path for Elijah.
Chris Masten’s kicking when he started was pretty shonky too. Ended up being elite. All of the new young mids in 2008-2010 had atrocious skills, because we were s**t.

Some like Ebert and Selwood never were great, but their kicking improved a LOT once the team around them improved.

Everyone’s footskills are worse when the team’s dysfunctional. Kelly and Hewett’s kicking would improve once the team starts playing better.

Chris Masten’s kicking when he started was pretty shonky too. Ended up being elite. All of the new young mids in 2008-2010 had atrocious skills, because we were s**t.

Some like Ebert and Selwood never were great, but their kicking improved a LOT once the team around them improved.

Everyone’s footskills are worse when the team’s dysfunctional. Kelly and Hewett’s kicking would improve once the team starts playing better.

Can't remember if I have told this story on here before, but...

At half time of the 2018 GF, I was waiting in line for a beer. Anyway came my turn to pay, and back then I had by card on my phone. Long story short paying that way didn't work all the time and I was having some trouble. Over my shoulder came a credit card and "for an Eagles supporter I'll get it", paying for my drink. Turned around it was Scott Selwood. I said "Scooter, thanks mate but you didn't need to do that. Let me get yours". He said " dont worry about it, I owe you the way I used to kick". Saw him after the game too in the concourse, he was genuinely wrapped just chatting to fans. Dead set legend.

Anyway, Hewett is a jet and I think he just backs himself in to do the perfect pretty laser pass. I like the swagger, but he will learn it doesnt matter how it looks if it hits the target.

Can't remember if I have told this story on here before, but...

At half time of the 2018 GF, I was waiting in line for a beer. Anyway came my turn to pay, and back then I had by card on my phone. Long story short paying that way didn't work all the time and I was having some trouble. Over my shoulder came a credit card and "for an Eagles supporter I'll get it", paying for my drink. Turned around it was Scott Selwood. I said "Scooter, thanks mate but you didn't need to do that. Let me get yours". He said " dont worry about it, I owe you the way I used to kick". Saw him after the game too in the concourse, he was genuinely wrapped just chatting to fans. Dead set legend.

Anyway, Hewett is a jet and I think he just backs himself in to do the perfect pretty laser pass. I like the swagger, but he will learn it doesnt matter how it looks if it hits the target.
Scotter was destined to be a club great (not boot level star) but another one that injuries ruined their career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got 4 nods in 2004, if I remember correctly.

Seaby, Staker, Butler and Waters.

2 grand finals followed.

Of course, we had a fairly established midfield by then. Just need to back it up with more next year.

As for Elijah- well deserved, even if this week wasn’t the best week. Not worried about his kicking this year. All just hanging for the end- few preseasons and fitness he will be just fine.

Even the great Ben Cousins kicking was scrappy in his early career. Got a LOT better

I didn't watch the Freo game, and after seeing the result saved my time.

Did he have a bad game kicking wise? Through his draft years he was a very good kick, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back