List Mgmt. Welcome Elijah Hewett (Pick 14, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like he rushes his disposals a little and/or bites off a bit more than he should

Composure will come with a bit more experience and the strength to break tackles a bit easier to buy more time
Boots was a bit like that from memory early in his career

I was thinking. I remember when cox retired he gave his 20 to Gov and when Lecca retired he gave 2 to Waterman. While 8 is a nice number, I wonder if Hewett would want to go to 13

I was thinking. I remember when cox retired he gave his 20 to Gov and when Lecca retired he gave 2 to Waterman. While 8 is a nice number, I wonder if Hewett would want to go to 13

Maybe he got it from Redden?

For a bloke who supposedly didn't have a tank who then started getting full games because of mass injuries, I wonder if his kicking is a byproduct of exhaustion.

He fluffed plenty of them last night but he wasn't alone. We looked bog average as a side.
Maybe Duggan has been coaching him

Game is played at a much higher speed at AFL level and he's playing in a side that is a s**t show. Whether under pressure or not I think implied pressure is having an effect on his kicking. I personally think he's used to having more time to use what are normally great skills but he's not ready yet and the pace of the game combined with how that means players are positioned and where they move to is having an effect.

Even his handballing has been a bit off.

One last night he just flat out kicked off the side of his boot. Shuey has / had absolutely elite skills but used to get run down a lot when he was young. Hewett seems to be trying to dispose of ball too quickly and is fluffing it a bit. A couple of years in the system and continued training and games and it will be significantly better than average IMO but not elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 West Coast noms in a season.

That can't have happened before?

We had 3 in 2011 - Shuey, Darling and Gaff

C493047C-7B56-465B-AB20-5140A808D781.jpeg

I’m biased but they rank 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the best careers from that group

The salty Freo fans on SNS saying Matthew Johnson should've been nominated instead makes it even sweeter. 😂

They probably have a point but I care not

Glad he got the nomination

Who would be the favourites for the last 2 weeks? Any chance of a fourth for us? Chesser and Long would be candidates.

Freo fans unhappy Johnson has missed out so he’d rightfully be a chance

Essendon supporters squawking about Titsarse so maybe him

I’m sure there’s others

Remove this Banner Ad

Back