Welcome Welcome Corey Wagner!!!! Pick 57 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that he is not the sexiest pick but he does everything you want in terms of the modern wing position and is a mature body, rather than a kid. Kicking has improved a lot, does the hard yards and will know what he needs to do at an AFL level. With Acres leaving can totally see why we would grab him with Pick 57.

Seems best as a small forward at AFL level which would be good for us if he can make it or as others have said, a short speedy wing in the Langdon mould. Will be good solid depth and competition for spots at worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems best as a small forward at AFL level which would be good for us if he can make it or as others have said, a short speedy wing in the Langdon mould. Will be good solid depth and competition for spots at worst.
This is the guy that a number of VFL coaches have described as the best player outside of the afl system. He can play as a lockdown or attacking defender or on a wing. His GPS running data compares to the best in the afl system

Why do I see glimpses of Heath Shaw here ??
I like this pick, shades of Luke Ryan about it ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why do I see glimpses of Heath Shaw here ??
I like this pick, shades of Luke Ryan about it ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's been compared to Jack Sinclair in playing style by his coach who says if there’s a team there that is looking for someone who can defend really well and then really help them on offence, he’d be unbelievable. For what it's worth there's more than a few other VFL coaches who've said the same thing. That is they see hm as a player with the potential to be a very good afl player sill. The write ups of some of his games are staggeringly good in 2022 with huge improvements in his skills noted. He' was considered one of the best kicks in the vfl last season and he can also lockdown a talented player. The scouting reports on Luke Ryan was that he was the best kick in the VFL the year we drafted him. I think I'm the head of his fan club by a fair bit but someone had to be I guess. I think he'll be a gun and agree that if they think he's depth only they should have not drafted him in the first place.

We traded Acres for a pick around what we took Wagner for at a third of the salary cap price. He doesn't need to be a superstar for us for that to be a list win
I think he'll be better than Acres was last season. Time will tell.

For what it's worth his GPS data would have had him in the top 5 for the afl in terms of average distance covered per match if he had been in the afl system was said by his coach in an interview.

Not sure about the muted and doubtful response in the match day thread. Looks aggressive with his run, not just the usual safe 15m run while open in space and then a long kick once an opponent gets close. He looks like he'll take players on, and thats what we need from our outside runners. Kicks a few goals too. Didn't get to see a great deal of his kicking, but it looked to be good.

Non comparison to Acres. Instant upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back