List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy does look great however this is his 3rd year in the system and he's 21 in a month or so. He did have a big injury with some damage to his lungs but he has has 2 full season in his club on Harley.

Darcy is clearly the best of the uber-talls running around currently. A good run with injury and he will be a dominant force in a couple of years time.

4 inches taller than his dad. Is his mum a giraffe?

When we play North ,..... "against the team that didn't want him .
I love watching this kid as " superboy" arrogantly fending the biggest names of this era . I hope we still have him as "superman"
North don't want anyone. They think JHF is shit despite dominating every week. What a sad pathetic club.

North don't want anyone. They think JHF is s**t despite dominating every week. What a sad pathetic club.
They could’ve had Reid AND JHF😂

All-time f**k-ups

Mm, you're not wrong and I agree entirely that people shouldn't be stirring s**t about it with them directly.

HOWEVER, I think it's reasonable to say that the AFL assistance rendered to them last year was the draft equivalent of matchfixing and that a) 2/3/scraps for Harley looks like a pretty good deal for North now, and b) we probably are right to be a little grumbly about diluted drafts especially when we're bottomed out.

So, for me at least, part of my gloating at North is that despite the fact they were gifted the assets to secure Harley, we still got him, and an indirect celebration of our succeeding despite the best efforts of AFL House.
Afl match fixing with assistance packages . All those players will leave for a packet of chips through disappointment and assist Geelong and Collingwood like the other feeder clubs did .

Unfortunately both his goals were kicked to the right of screen. Which is not technically east but I’m sure we can all agree it’s a bad sign
On the TV they appeared to be East yes. However at the game I can confirm they were both geographically West and to the city end. Perhaps you need to stand on our heads to watch Optus matches on the TV

One thing that grinds my gears a bit about the Reid discourse is partisan supports (both from WCE and other clubs) arguing about his impact vs other recent prolific first year players like Nick Daicos or Sheezel. Daicos obviously plays a different game, great runner in space and excellent drive off half back, and I would say that in his first year he was more prepared to contribute at a high level every week whereas Reid has had some fairly pedestrian games but then some really spectacular ones. Reid is a more physical player who probably will have more scoreboard impact through his career, and the goal that he kicked out of the centre bounce is something that very few players, I would say Daicos included, have the raw ability and instincts to do.

Sheezel obviously played an accumulating role in the back half for a dreadful team; his stats were inflated but take nothing away from him being one of the best players at the club from start to finish in his first AFL season.

They’re all great players and I don’t think anyone needs to dump on them just to build up their guy. Just be glad that you’ve got a young player who is that good.

I really hope they don't try to make him too heavy. Another few kgs yes but he's already fairly solid, doesn't need to be adding 10kgs to become some inside beast.

Keep the burst, the leap and the agility, his agility makes him break tackles as much as his strength does. Less likely to break down if he's light on his feet.

I really hope they don't try to make him too heavy. Another few kgs yes but he's already fairly solid, doesn't need to be adding 10kgs to become some inside beast.

Keep the burst, the leap and the agility, his agility makes him break tackles as much as his strength does. Less likely to break down if he's light on his feet.

How heavy was Dusty during his peak years? He never looked really toned or shredded (to me).

Right now he's strong enough to fend-off players like Oliver and completely throw off other would-be tacklers. A couple more kgs and an increase in his fitness base and he's winning brownlows.

His agility is a huge part of how he is making seasoned players look silly.

One play in the centre on Sunday and he just ran faster and tighter away from the stoppage and the Dees player chasing him ended up in a diving lunge (and missing) as he just could not turn as quickly at the speed required to catch him.

Like a fricking Spitfire evading a Messerschmitt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One play in the centre on Sunday and he just ran faster and tighter away from the stoppage and the Dees player chasing him ended up in a diving lunge (and missing) as he just could not turn as quickly at the speed required to catch him.

Yes that tight turning circle is very Shuey-esque.

Not sure on reliable player weights these days, Fyfe probably got to 95-97kgs but he's a tiny bit taller. Still flew for marks mind you but wasn't as quick or agile.

Yeah he's cat like, and has the footy brain to go with it, a scary combo at his size

Gee Petracca seems a like a really nice guy and not in the sense of the footy-good-bloke
Podcast plug, footy adjacent podcast found out he does cooking on instagram, and is just a guy.
Melbourne with gawn and track really trying to make me like them.
After the herbatron video 2 weeks ago, it seems like there are just some great footy clubs and players about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back