Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's even written on the his wiki page. Look at his stats - 03 goals per game 1.6, 04 less than 1. He wasn't a full time forward, he was primarily a mid. 05 he went forward and was all Australian CHF with a noticeable jump in his goals per game
I apologise my memory is playing tricks. I returned to the source material (Purple Heart) and he says he played mid / half forward in 2003. The only thing I can offer in my defense is I think the second time he played midfield (2009 to 2011) he played a lot more pure inside ball winner whereas the first go he was floating all over the place, sometimes forward, sometimes back, sometimes even rucking!

What is June’s foster family history? It annoyed me how slobbo and ratly just ignored just brushed passed it

I think there’s three talents you can value a KPF out of 10 to determine how good they are.
1) Can lead and a hold a mark and strong enough to not lose many 1v1 contests. Really most KPFs have to be like minimum 5 out of 10 in this category to get a game.
2) Have the leap and/or long reach to take a contested pack-mark.
3) Ability to be useful with the ball on the ground.

The good KPFs are good-great in one of these categories (Tabs), the great ones are good-great in two of them (Tex Walker), the generational players are good-great in all three (Cameron). We’ve seen a lot to suggest Jhye is good at 1 and 2 but the goals he set up and one he kicked in general play off the aerial contest showed what he can be great at 3 as well. There was also that almost goal from a pocket dribbler in like his first game

Kid is unbelievably special…

I think there’s three talents you can value a KPF out of 10 to determine how good they are.
1) Can lead and a hold a mark and strong enough to not lose many 1v1 contests. Really most KPFs have to be like minimum 5 out of 10 in this category to get a game.
2) Have the leap and/or long reach to take a contested pack-mark.
3) Ability to be useful with the ball on the ground.

The good KPFs are good-great in one of these categories (Tabs), the great ones are good-great in two of them (Tex Walker), the generational players are good-great in all three (Cameron). We’ve seen a lot to suggest Jhye is good at 1 and 2 but the goals he set up and one he kicked in general play off the aerial contest showed what he can be great at 3 as well. There was also that almost goal from a pocket dribbler in like his first game

Kid is unbelievably special…
And he can finish it off!

Talent 4) Accuracy in front of goal!

We have been searching since Pav for this moment?

" i've waited for delivery each day until three..."

Yokai!

I know, he would be too hard to ignore with 60 goals
I think my point is he would be too hard to ignore with 45 goals.
If he kicks 60 goals (which is not going to happen realistically) he won’t just easily win the rising star this year.
He would be the best RS winner in the history of the award, quite frankly miles clear of Sheezel or Ashcroft or anyone else. He would also be on course, by the end of second season, to be one of the greatest AFL players of all time, surpassing even Buddy Franklin or Wayne Carey.
As optimistic as we all are I can’t see it happening!

And he can finish it off!

Talent 4) Accuracy in front of goal!

We have been searching since Pav for this moment?

" i've waited for delivery each day until three..."

Yokai!
Yeah this is underrated. I am skeptical he can maintain the accuracy he's going at, but if he does, its worth like half a goal per game, which is like 150 goals over a long career.

I think my point is he would be too hard to ignore with 45 goals.
If he kicks 60 goals (which is not going to happen realistically) he won’t just easily win the rising star this year.
He would be the best RS winner in the history of the award, quite frankly miles clear of Sheezel or Ashcroft or anyone else. He would also be on course, by the end of second season, to be one of the greatest AFL players of all time, surpassing even Buddy Franklin or Wayne Carey.
As optimistic as we all are I can’t see it happening!
If he kicked 60 he would be on track to match Jezza Cameron, not sure about buddy or Carey unfortunately

(Jezza kicked 62 in his 2nd year in the worst side)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this is underrated. I am skeptical he can maintain the accuracy he's going at, but if he does, its worth like half a goal per game, which is like 150 goals over a long career.
Really, it was one of his strengths coming in to the competition?

The only way I see his accuracy going down is if he gets the yips or starts taking on shots he isn't taking now.

How about Plugga's lazy 16.0? Unreal effort.
That page really highlights 1) the joy of statistics and 2) how outliers occur not just in extra good or extra bad but sometimes throw up bad becoming good temporarily and vice versa.
Case in point Richo, a famously bad set shot (career overall goal accuracy 59%) holds the record for the most accurate season ever (27.3).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back