Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is so much of this out there. My favourites are:

They are Optus bullies
Amiss isn't really a key forward
Need more midfield depth
my personal favourite was Brisbane looked off... they didn't look to off when it was 26 - 2 in their favour did it.

we cant let those bozo commentators get away with the fact they called this kid the 3rd or 4th tall forward - genuinely should be shunned from society for that take, and they got paid for it fmd!!
I think that was a Kane Cornes special. Amiss is probably the most exciting full forward under 23 in the comp and good ol Kano reckons he's a third tall.

think it was actually a phil davis qoute, or maybe a josh jenkins
There have been multiple people say it.

I suspect, given most in the media are terrible at their jobs, that nobody actually knows anything and they've all just climbed aboard whoever the first was to say it. Happens all the time. Somebody says something on television or radio and then, without any regard for truth, it becomes a "known" thing in the AFL world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going well it has to be said. And Jackson forward is not helping. Our best KPF is off the rookie list

I wouldn’t worry too much about Amiss, he’s just going through growing pains and finding his feet at AFL level.

Give him 5 years and he will be top 5 key forward in the competition.

Amiss just needs to add more layers to his game beyond kicking goals from contested marks. At the moment he is a low disposal key forward who has one primary weapon to impact on score board.

I feel like he burst on to the scene so quickly he benefitted from being an unknown quantity.

As teams and players had more intel on his strengths they adapted in how to defend him properly.

As he gets more experience and continues to build his body he will add more strings to his bow and become a more well rounded player.

Compared to this time last year it's basically the same, (having played one less game with the early concussion), so i still have confidence for him to turn it around, but his accuracy has dropped massively and its making everything look a lot worse. Last year you'd back him in basically anywhere within 40m but now even on a slight angle he's off.

He’s in his head a bit but McKay has shown you can turn that around pretty easily. I actually thought he was excellent last week and his intent was back up. He’ll still kick 35+ goals this year and go onto bigger and better things, just not the linear growth everyone wants.

He’s a prime example of it not mattering how talented you are, your best two forwards being 21 year old KPFs means your forward line is garbage

I feel like he lacks mentorship. The fact Luke Ryan is giving him tips that were given to him by Ballas is not good enough.
Jamie Graham was touted as a top forward coach.
I still think pav needs to spend some time with them on a part time basis. Or jk once a month as he is living in Geraldton.
Anybody who used to kick goals regularly.

He's not the first, won't be the last, key forward to have 2nd* year blues. Very standard that he has to work through the things he is atm. It's borderline unfair to him that we are so dependant on him to kick our score

*I know it's not technically his 2nd year

Jye gets targeted plus our forward 50 delivery is poor. How do you expect him to be kicking bags of goals

Jye gets targeted plus our forward 50 delivery is poor. How do you expect him to be kicking bags of goals
If Darcy isn’t playing maybe play an actual ruck option.
I mean have a look at Reidy’s draft bio and you see a forward/ruck.
Sure his only preseason game he was
rubbish against Port.
But is crushing wafl now.
Besides Darcy since he started has given away free kicks too.
Amiss, needs to be the 3rd tall at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back