Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s something to be said for a player who continually jumps at the ball like Calsher does.

Even the mark he took to kick his first, he tried to take it at the highest point by leaping to mark and twisting his body in flight.

This is a great trait to have for a key forward.
What do you expect with a surname like Dear. Even if it is spelt differently he definitely jumps around like one. I heard someone say that the reason he does this is due to his basketball background and the tendency to jump for rebounds on the very second play.

Like what I saw. Still very raw but certainly a lot to work with!

In hindsight a pretty good team to debut against in the dogs as their backline is not much chop.

He will no doubt have some significant ups and downs in performances as a youngster but get some pre seasons into him and he could certainly be a big piece to the puzzle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need another tall alongside him. Saints were bodying off the ball early to stop his leap. Much harder to do that with another tall target

Other small issue is that he over commits on chases. Dale last week and Bonner today were able to cut inside too easily on him

Calsh went the extra mile today and contested everything, even Blake Hardwick!

Another good showing from the young fella, I think he was subbed as management, not because he wasn’t scoring, very competitive and made a difference again.

Was asked to do a lot today and showed that he’s got a very bright future.
If nothing else, the mark he took early in the first quarter showed he can back it up.

He's got it. Now let's be patient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back