Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

His agility is looking better as the season goes on, that was the only question mark for mine. But it’s fine and he's learning quickly how to take marks agains the bigger bodies.

I still see a young Tom Lynch like athlete. Calsher’s just going to be a machine in 2/3 years.

Right now he’s contributing at AFL level, which is a real credit to him and the people around him.

Last edited:
What a surprise. His emergence removes that desperation of trading for/reaching in draft/over paying in FA for another Key forward. Still need another one but we can relax a bit knowing that this guy looks an absolute star of the future. Im not saying im an advocate of trading Lewis, however if a club offers two firsts for him now then you can now have that conversation.

What a surprise. His emergence removes that desperation of trading for/reaching in draft/over paying in FA for another Key forward. Still need another one but we can relax a bit knowing that this guy looks an absolute star of the future. Im not saying im an advocate of trading Lewis, however if a club offers two firsts for him now then you can now have that conversation.
Can you imagine how good Dear will look playing alongside Lewis though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky is the limit for Calsher. Could be a Mihocek type with his appetite for the contest and his forward pressure. Has the long arms and the ability to leap at the ball like Curnow. Has the goal kicking accuracy of Travis Cloke from 15m out in front.

I like the kid.

Could have kicked 5 whilst playing on AA defender Aliir Aliir....

I love how he regularly halves a contest when he is out of position. Doesnt throw in the towel if the pass isnt lace out.

Aliir averages 2.2 intercept marks a game.

Took ZERO yesterday.

Sky is the limit for Calsher. Could be a Mihocek type with his appetite for the contest and his forward pressure. Has the long arms and the ability to leap at the ball like Curnow. Has the goal kicking accuracy of Travis Cloke from 15m out in front.

I like the kid.
His accuracy will come.

He has a very resilient temperament as Sam has mentioned.
In hostile territory in his 3rd game he felt the pressure but I would almost bet that he has a 5 goal game in him within his next 10-15 games.

We've Ben burnt by late picks showing glimpses early, but clashes looks really good.
He doesn't get caught in the middle of a pack when there's a contest, and hits the ball at pace, rather than overrunning it in flight

Calsher HATES seeing his opponent mark the footy, you see him react anytime it happens, love it
Sometimes he even hates seeing his teammates marking it if his excellently executed spoil on Hardwick last week is anything to go by :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back