Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope it's just a matter of someone needing to be nurtured by mature aged players that have won flags that don't accept BS attitudes or efforts.

Congrats to Jack and yourself, Gromma!

Have you had a chance to speak with him since yesterday? ..of course you have, how did you view his game/how did he view his game?

p.s. if he isn't a clone of Grant Birchall, well my Aunt Fanny.
Thanks Mojo, I think his face during the song after the game says it all! The result of a brilliant team win and a dream come true right there on his dial!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The back six seems to be all getting along really well and having the captain down there doesn’t hurt.

Offside leadership from his (presently) injured hero doesn’t hurt either.

I seriously think that this was the best back six performance I’ve seen since the threepeat years and Scrimerz belongs.

Is Scrimmers ceiling higher than Burton's?
Depends in which role. Scrimerz wants to marry being at half back. Burton could very well play somewhere else and be great

For a half back role I will go on a limb and say yes

Saying “he’s a Hawthorn supporter” seems a daft consideration but you wonder whether his Birchall worship comes from an avid viewing of Hawthorn’s brand and style

He has picked a great time to come in with Frawley back in good form, Impey moving there, a Captain nearby and hardnuts Sicily and Hardwick on the same line.

Maybe the bigger upside is that he is just a bit more “Hawthorny”

Is Scrimmers ceiling higher than Burton's?
Hard to tell so early on in their careers. Scrimshaw looks like a defender, who MAYBE could one day move into midfield.
Burton can play forward, (outside) midfield and back. Burto had 26 disposals in Port's win over Melbourne, and was quite good. Put his body on the line a few times which was maybe the knock on him at Hawthorn.

It’s not fair to compare scrimshaw and Burton. They weren’t traded directly. When we look back at that off season we should look at the list management holistically. Is Wingard, Scully and scrimshaw plus the draftees better than Burton and a bunch of picks? In 2019 it certainly will be so long as two of those players have good seasons.

Scrimshaw was good and has scope to play a role off half back. Maybe scope to be very good. It was a shrewd pickup.

Hard to tell so early on in their careers. Scrimshaw looks like a defender, who MAYBE could one day move into midfield.
Burton can play forward, (outside) midfield and back. Burto had 26 disposals in Port's win over Melbourne, and was quite good. Put his body on the line a few times which was maybe the knock on him at Hawthorn.

I think Scrimshaw looks a HBF.

Probably because he reminds me of Birchall so much.

The back six seems to be all getting along really well and having the captain down there doesn’t hurt.

Offside leadership from his (presently) injured hero doesn’t hurt either.

I seriously think that this was the best back six performance I’ve seen since the threepeat years and Scrimerz belongs.

I still miss Brian Lake... 😭😭😭

It's certainly an impression that's hard to shake. Given Birchalls' return becomes more unlikely the more time passes, it's been a fortunate/clever pick up.

A little of moral payback for the way GC dicked us with the JOM trade... relieving them of a top draft pick which they failed to get much value from

The better Scrimmers gets, the more amateur they look, sweeet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back