NO TROLLS Western Bulldogs rocked by historical child sexual abuse scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

With the update on the court case people are going to want to talk about this topic.

This is not an excuse to troll supporters or clubs.

Post about the topic or you will be removed from the thread.

I'm talking in general, not this specific case.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that, and I hope you've found ways to manage it.

No, I just don't believe in the death penalty due to the risk of killing someone later found to be innocent.

You are mistaken.

I have. It's how I came to my stance on the death penalty.
sighs
Ok, for a start my original post read 'Bastards that abuse or hurt children deserve nothing less than a slow painful death.' Not bastards who allegedly, or bastards who are accused of, or bastards who could have, but bastards that abuse or hurt children. I'm sorry but I can't make it any clearer than that, if you still have trouble understanding what I wrote or need it written in braille or something, sorry but I can't help you.
Hoping that you finally understand, Regards IDC

sighs
Ok, for a start my original post read 'Bastards that abuse or hurt children deserve nothing less than a slow painful death.' Not bastards who allegedly, or bastards who are accused of, or bastards who could have, but bastards that abuse or hurt children.
Yes, and I'm asking how that can be 100% certain to have happened if they weren't caught in the act. You're asking for something that is irreversible if they were later found to be innocent.

I'm sorry but I can't make it any clearer than that, if you still have trouble understanding what I wrote or need it written in braille or something, sorry but I can't help you.
You're still refusing to engage with the substance of what I'm saying and just repeating the same words over and over, with new ableist insults inserted.

Yes, and I'm asking how that can be 100% certain to have happened if they weren't caught in the act. You're asking for something that is irreversible if they were later found to be innocent.
Who the hell are you even talking about? Who is this 'they'? No, don't answer that please...I don't want to know
You're still refusing to engage with the substance of what I'm saying and just repeating the same words over and over, with new ableist insults inserted.

You are the only one trying to engage, I've been trying to disengage the last few posts, yet I still get alerts that you are trying to extend a debate that only exists inside your own head. Understand that on a forum such as this, people are allowed to express an opinion without having to pass your moral standards, or having you judge them. Now, as you have given your opinion and I have given mine, this should be the end of this 'engagement' and I don't expect to be quoted again unless you are one of those 'Johnny Last Word' types who can't sleep at night unless they have the last say in every convo. Au revoir amigo

Who the hell are you even talking about? Who is this 'they'? No, don't answer that please...I don't want to know

You are the only one trying to engage, I've been trying to disengage the last few posts, yet I still get alerts that you are trying to extend a debate that only exists inside your own head. Understand that on a forum such as this, people are allowed to express an opinion without having to pass your moral standards, or having you judge them. Now, as you have given your opinion and I have given mine, this should be the end of this 'engagement' and I don't expect to be quoted again unless you are one of those 'Johnny Last Word' types who can't sleep at night unless they have the last say in every convo. Au revoir amigo
No one held a gun to your head and forced you to answer, champ. I take it your username is deliberately ironic.

No one held a gun to your head and forced you to answer, champ. I take it your username is deliberately ironic.
Mate, as an unbiased onlooker, you've kept this one brewing with an unnecessarily pedantic discussion on "alleged vs proof", when the post that inspired it wasn't oriented toward that sort of legal pedantry. He was just making a general emotional statement on child abusers, which could have just been left to stand without all this challenging.

Mate, as an unbiased onlooker, you've kept this one brewing with an unnecessarily pedantic discussion on "alleged vs proof", when the post that inspired it wasn't oriented toward that sort of legal pedantry. He was just making a general emotional statement on child abusers, which could have just been left to stand without all this challenging.
Yeah I just backtracked the posts to see what all the fuss is about and honestly what a stupid pointless discussion to be having in this thread.

Cool story, bro.

A notorious paedophile who abused boys for decades in the Geelong region took some of his victims to the Footscray Football Club in the late 1970s, say two men who survived the abuse.

Watch the rest of the media ignore this story again.

VFL/AFL obviously had a major issue with this s**t before the millenium. How long can the footy world turn a blind eye to this?

Watch the rest of the media ignore this story again.

VFL/AFL obviously had a major issue with this s**t before the millenium. How long can the footy world turn a blind eye to this?
99% of the footy media are just boys' club sycophants who won't call out anything negative about the AFL as it will risk their access to key people. For a very recent example, watch last night's game where two Port players clashed heads and fell to the ground then the commentators asked why they were rushed back onto the field without a proper concussion check. 2 minutes later another commentator interjects with no relevance to the current discussion and says just to clarify, all the doctors in the AFL are extremely professional so if they are playing, they must be fine. Really? No one can even ask the question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow! Pretty huge this. They made a little over 5 million this year and this well surpasses that.

The Western Bulldogs have been ordered to fork out a $5.9 million compensation payout to a child sex abuse victim, after a Supreme Court jury ruled the club was negligent and failed to stop a paedophile who preyed on young boys.

After a three-week trial, the jury found in favour of Adam Kneale, who sued the club and claimed it was liable for lifelong damage he sustained at the hands of former Bulldogs volunteer Graeme Hobbs.

The jury announced it would award $3.25 million for Mr Kneale's pain and suffering, $2.6 million for loss of earnings, and a further $87,000 for medical costs.

The result is likely to cause financial strife for the AFL club, who will need to borrow funds to pay damages, its current chief executive Ameet Bains told the trial.

Club leaders denied knowing about paedophile's 'hidden evil nature'​

Mr Kneale's barrister Tim Hammond said there had been "a catastrophic failure of this football club to actually just see what was right in front of its face for more than a decade. "The club now has six million reasons to regret its abysmal behaviour stretching back to the early 1980s"

Last edited:
Ooooft that is a fair whack.

If it was a club people hated or cared about they would be copping an absolute roasting for this.

So the league/other clubs just pay up I assume? That’s how it goes right?

That's a very unfair competitive advantage for Western Bulldogs.

I don't expect the AFL to pay for Joel Smith's drug counselling.

Probably loan them.
Besides, unfair competitive advantage? In this comp of VFLers and the rest are just there to fill out the numbers? You kidding?

Edit, wow that sounds like I’m defending their club. I’m not. In no way. At all.

If it was a club people hated or cared about they would be copping an absolute roasting for this.

Footy clubs are completely different today to what they were 40 years ago. While it doesn't absolve Footscray of guilt entirely, I think most people understand that a suburban semi-professional football club in the 80s probably wasn't doing Working With Vulnerable People checks for volunteer roles back then.

It's hard to be mad at the modern iteration of the club when I'm sure there were a few unsavoury characters at most clubs back in those days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back