--------------
Yarraville
Wyndhamvale
Laverton
Braybrook
Nth Sunshine

Grand Final : Albanvale V Nth Footscray or Parkside

Tips Round 6!

North Footscray where pushed all day against the much improved Wyndhamvale Falcons last week and dispite having 14 more scoring shots only won by a few goals, which still says North on a bad day can still win. This week the face another team on the improve in Coburg Districts who will be keen to add another big scalp to their list in 2010. This will be a huge game for both teams and being played at North ill stick with the home team. North by 4 goals

Albanvale absolutely smashed North Sunshine last week a put there goalkicking to perfect use by kicking 67 majors. They play Braybrook this week who where much improved on the weekend, but after the performance of albanvale last week you couldnt possibly think braybrook would even get close this week. Albanvale by 20 goals

Deer Park have lost 2 in a row and if they want to play finals this year then a game like this one is important. Laverton with only the one win so far will be keen to put up a fight and would give them selves a sniff at an upset, but deer park only half to put their foot down early to win this game. Deer Park by 10 goals

Parkside got back on the winners list last week but would wouldnt be to happy with their current position and will be looking for a big win to reclaim their premiership credintials. Wyndhamvale would see last week as a big oppurtunity lost but make no mistake they will also take alot away from that game and will gain all the confidence in the world that they can win this week, a perfect game to see where both teams are at and where they might be at the end of they year. Parkside by 5 goals

Yarraville seem to have to wood over Deer Park and proved too good again on the weekend and will now put looking to boost their percentage against North Sunshine this week in order to cement their spot in the top 5. Yarraville by 40 Goals

Good luck to all teams!

All tips/opinions IMO

Ladder prediction

North Footscray
Albanvale
Parkside
Yarraville
Coburg Districts
----------------
Deer Park
Wyndhamvale
Braybrook
Laverton
North Sunshine

Grand Final - North Vs Parkside
(still very early and may change opinion at half way mark :p)

Still very hard to call but I will have a go...
Albanvale
nth footscray
yarraville
deer park
wyndhamvale
coburg
parkside
laverton
braybrooke
nth sunshine

will be touch and go I reckon with us the vales, coburg, parkside and deer park for the last 2 spots in the 5...still very early but I think by the half way mark we all will no more as there are slot of teams that are just starting to gel after a big influx of new players...

I can't believe people are doubting Parkside. They have Sir and Tyrell back now, with Jeugan and Muratore to come. Some of the Lebanese footballers they have picked up are handy players and you would think will only get better. Sure Davis, Jeugan, Sir etc are a year older, but on paper (cue Weapons gag: Grand Finals aren't won on paper) they will be stronger in the 2nd half of the year than last year's list. They haven't lost that many players, have some decent youth and are a certainty for the top 3.

North
Cobras
Parkside
DP
Yarraville

CD
Vales
Lavo
Braybrook
NS

I can't believe people are doubting Parkside. They have Sir and Tyrell back now, with Jeugan and Muratore to come. Some of the Lebanese footballers they have picked up are handy players and you would think will only get better. Sure Davis, Jeugan, Sir etc are a year older, but on paper (cue Weapons gag: Grand Finals aren't won on paper) they will be stronger in the 2nd half of the year than last year's list. They haven't lost that many players, have some decent youth and are a certainty for the top 3.

North
Cobras
Parkside
DP
Yarraville

CD
Vales
Lavo
Braybrook
NS

spot on;)

North
Cobras
Parkside
DP
Yarraville

CD
Vales
Lavo
Braybrook
NS

If they are they Lebanese boy's that transfered from Altona, then I cant see them making much of an impact as they were at best middle of the road reserves players. Would swap CD and Yarraville IMO, but otherwise agree.

This is a sad one, but at the Yarraville Seddon v North Sunshine reserves game today - a player from North Sunshine suffered an a massive asthma attack early in the fourth. Struggling to get off the ground, he feel to his knees on the wing and hasn't risen to his feet since. Luckily the paradmedics were already at the ground(a child fell down the stairs) and helped him out - unfortunately it turned from bad to worse. The ambulance was called onto the ground, but never left, asthma turned into heart failure of some kind and a MICA (Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance) was called to the ground, which he was then transfered to. Half an hour later - with massive work on the patient, the MICA left, with the player on life support, close to an hour after the attack started. The reserves game was earlier called short(and thankfully the yarraville reserves had the decency not to sing their song) and the senior game was delayed until the ambulances left. Does anyone know the current condition of the player? Also, in all of your opinions, should the senior game have been played afterwards(the players were all consulted and asked and decided to play)? Hopefully he's alright and pulls through and that North Sunshine is coping with it all. Updates and details would be greatly appreciated, it's awful to think a man has died playing the sport we all love.

big results today.....listened to the nth/coburg game gee whizz......lavo pushing d/p.....and big patty davis out for a month with a hammy.....interesting

On behalf of the Yarraville Seddon Eagles i'd like to say that all our thoughts and prayers are with the lad from North Sunshine. I know the paras we working pretty hard on him and i heard that he had initially gone from stablised to much worse. The last thing Yarra had heard was that he was on life support and was scheduled for brain scans, with a non positive outcome expected.

Just a shattering thing really. I must confess there were a fair few of the yarra lads, myself included, that were pretty shellshocked by the whole thing. My heartfelt wishes to the gentlemans wife and son,who were also at the game. Just terrible to witness.

If anyone finds out any further information please keep us in the loop. Hopefully there is some positive news to come overnight.

And to answer the above question - i personally would not have played the seniors. I was quite surprised that tea game went on given the circumstances.

Silky

big results today.....listened to the nth/coburg game gee whizz......lavo pushing d/p.....and big patty davis out for a month with a hammy.....interesting

Yeah the final margin was probably flattering for the Devils today. Very ordinary, but congrats to CD who were terrific and played with a lot of pride for the jumper.

Big game next Satdy against YS - I reckon with a few players to come in the Devils will bounce back with a win.

Weapons, how duz one listen on the radio whats the frequency and is it worth listening to?

went down to have a look at the cobras not much has changed still rely on the some players wingy potters borgies and the sirriannis and the softies are still there azza karim this side will crash in the finals like every year nth footscray for premiers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weapons, how duz one listen on the radio whats the frequency and is it worth listening to?

yeah if i cant make it to watch my club whilst being at work its great to at least get scores through out the day 1/4 time-1/2time-3/4 time scores over the whole league no matter who they are broadcasting.......88.9 wyn fm.......and yes the boys do go alright and after the game all home team clubs ring in with the best players/goalkickers......so you get the best of both div 1 and div 2........deer park v parkside on the air next week.......

cheers

Yeah the final margin was probably flattering for the Devils today. Very ordinary, but congrats to CD who were terrific and played with a lot of pride for the jumper.

Big game next Satdy against YS - I reckon with a few players to come in the Devils will bounce back with a win.

did bloomfield get sent off.......i missed it......??? a late charge/tackle or something????

espcially at home nth foots would be dissapointed:D

went down to have a look at the cobras not much has changed still rely on the some players wingy potters borgies and the sirriannis and the softies are still there azza karim this side will crash in the finals like every year nth footscray for premiers

geez mate if ur so hard get out on the park and have a crack u tool

In the words of Weapon, I think your telling Porky Pies.

Cause i dont think think you were there buddy
Or if you were, maybe you dont know much about footy

A) Azza was best on by far and is having his best year by far

B) the above guys you mention about relying on were good but didnt win them the game

C) you would of had to notice alot of new guys there and actually were featured in the best and are enjoy their new club

So what were you really doing on Saturday?

Covering up from being pissed at the pub so the lovely thinks your at the footy

This is a sad one, but at the Yarraville Seddon v North Sunshine reserves game today - a player from North Sunshine suffered an a massive asthma attack early in the fourth. Struggling to get off the ground, he feel to his knees on the wing and hasn't risen to his feet since. Luckily the paradmedics were already at the ground(a child fell down the stairs) and helped him out - unfortunately it turned from bad to worse. The ambulance was called onto the ground, but never left, asthma turned into heart failure of some kind and a MICA (Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance) was called to the ground, which he was then transfered to. Half an hour later - with massive work on the patient, the MICA left, with the player on life support, close to an hour after the attack started. The reserves game was earlier called short(and thankfully the yarraville reserves had the decency not to sing their song) and the senior game was delayed until the ambulances left. Does anyone know the current condition of the player? Also, in all of your opinions, should the senior game have been played afterwards(the players were all consulted and asked and decided to play)? Hopefully he's alright and pulls through and that North Sunshine is coping with it all. Updates and details would be greatly appreciated, it's awful to think a man has died playing the sport we all love.

Is there any more news on this???

heheh fair point, but soft? more like weak heheh

how are you guys going this year mate ? i havent even had the chance to go watch one of north or districts games this year but hopefully will get too in the next couple of weeks.. might go when one of them play you guys so i can heckle you from the fence!

in the words of weapon, i think your telling porky pies.

Cause i dont think think you were there buddy
or if you were, maybe you dont know much about footy

a) azza was best on by far and is having his best year by far

b) the above guys you mention about relying on were good but didnt win them the game

c) you would of had to notice alot of new guys there and actually were featured in the best and are enjoy their new club

so what were you really doing on saturday?

Covering up from being pissed at the pub so the lovely thinks your at the footy

''the'' weapon;)

how are you guys going this year mate ? I havent even had the chance to go watch one of north or districts games this year but hopefully will get too in the next couple of weeks.. Might go when one of them play you guys so i can heckle you from the fence!

he wouldnt know he's been playing in the back pocket for heights.........

cain train had a field day again.........11 goals 9.... 25 contested marks....19 assists.....32 kicks......15 handballs........all against nth sunshine the team he bled dry......and almost forgot 2 breezers after the match......maybe they are where they are now due to the great man.......

Unfortunately no more news yet. The Herald Sun did a follow-up piece from last week's North Sunshine article(about losing by 401 points) but failed to include this "minor" incident, it even went so far as to say North Sunshine were in good spirits - it makes me sick; more than that of the Yarraville Seddon seniors playing their game afterward it happened. The Herald Sun news desk has been called and a complaint left - so hopefully more news will come out soon.

I'm thinking black arm-bands league wide this week, I'll be wearing one regardless of league decision - if the man did sadly, die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back