Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a past player, this is Disappointing for everyone involved. The incident leading up to the indiscretion is not acceptable and the club has go it right with dismissing the coach. Out of interest who has taken over I believe steve cetin has a 100% win record :)... Hellsbell are you involved with the club ?

No mate im only a supporter not involved in any official way at all.... im also not sure if there has been any decision on a replacement yet ? im sure i will be able to tell u all more 2moz after training tonight ..!

And as for the state of the ground whisperingjack ..... as of last Thursday it was patchy but with all the rain pretty soft so shouldnt be to bad come saturday .

The grounds are as terrible as the teams that will play come finals time if deer park had of went up to divvy 1 after winning the flag last year they wouldnt have to worry about any of the grounds conditions come finals time because they wouldnt make the five s

hahahaha still being a dill.....nothings changed.....

Just to clear the air Shep did NOT hit the runner !! runner has no mark on him and imo he has been done by a bit roughly !!! the runner was pushed for not giving sheps msgs but infact giving out his own !!

So has he been sacked??????????

I believe he was sat in front of the group, and was asked to explain himself, from which they discovered he had lost the trust of the group.
From here he was given the chance to retire, but chose to make them sack him.
It was also revealed he may be writing a book and the players didn't like that idea either.
I am sure there will be a lot of talk back callers on the WRFL show tonight discussing it!

weapons your not humourous, you add nothing to the forum and you have no friends.
So why don't you clear off to the big cricket forum..
Oh just remembered no one respects you or your minimal acheivements over there either

hmmmmm what to say what to say.......ill leave it alone.......another 1.....:eek:

I believe he was sat in front of the group, and was asked to explain himself, from which they discovered he had lost the trust of the group.
From here he was given the chance to retire, but chose to make them sack him.
It was also revealed he may be writing a book and the players didn't like that idea either.
I am sure there will be a lot of talk back callers on the WRFL show tonight discussing it!

Yea good one, i like it. :thumbsu:

someone kicked 22 goals for yarra today.......any 1 confirm......hope it wasnt the cain train......wouldnt hear the end of it.......

Nope i have left the Yarraville football club and will not play again this year and more than likely will be playing else where in 2011.

Wish the club the best for the upcoming finals stint and have enjoyed my time at the football club and thank all commitee, coaches, players and supporters for the efforts in rebuilding the club into a strong position.

Nope i have left the Yarraville football club and will not play again this year and more than likely will be playing else where in 2011.

Wish the club the best for the upcoming finals stint and have enjoyed my time at the football club and thank all commitee, coaches, players and supporters for the efforts in rebuilding the club into a strong position.

Why have you departed?

Is it the hammy?

well wtf???? cmon mate we have a bit of a laugh on here but nothing personal.......but do tell or pm me on your situation.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam baker kicked 22 today. A fantastic effort on any day. Nth sunshine really struggled today but 22 goals and only 3-4 behinds is huge in anyones language.

as far as Cain goes - please do enlighten us all Cain......I've only heard and read a few whispers but would love to hear the reason you feel you services are no longer required?

cainm you got sacked mate is what ive heard u left the club in the lurch for 2 weeks they had no chioce

cainm you got sacked mate is what ive heard u left the club in the lurch for 2 weeks they had no chioce

Cain, was your sacking due to you potting your teammates in your upcoming book? Were you sat down and questioned by the yarra playing group?

Will you be on MTR in the morning?

All rubbish, i have nothing to hide nor does the football club i guess myself and the football club agree to disagree on why i have quit but i can assure you that i have not been sacked. After giving good service and being one of the highest paying sponsors from 2009 i was in some financial hardship due the collapse of my fitness business which was sending me into debt and broke.

I asked the club for a favour and they declined and i feel they turned there back on me in a time of need. Lets get the facts out there in the open. After taking a big pay cut this year so the club could spend more on recruits and combined with being a sponsor i thought the club would have absolutely no issues with the favour i was asking for and if the favour was granted i would sing on for 2011 there and then.

There was also an issue of a player sleeping with/in the same bed with a girl that i was seeing at the time which i was very pissed off about at the time and nearly walked out there and then but i put it behind us for the better good of the football club.

All these factors lead to me not having the passion to play and help the Yarraville football club move forward. I knew after the Deer Park game i was done. I am also strating to rebuild my business and that requires me to be avaliable to work in between 3pm and 10pm most evenings.

Lets make no mistake the Yarraville football club has been wonderfull to me and i have very much enjoyed my time over the past two years. I think that our current president made a bad decisson for the football club at the time. Had the decission been the other way around i would be still playing there this week and would be locked in for 2011.

I look forward to playing Div 1 football again in 2011 and i wish and thank everyone at the Yarraville football club and wish them all the best in 2011 and for the future.

Hope people respect my openness and honesty on the situation.

All rubbish, i have nothing to hide nor does the football club i guess myself and the football club agree to disagree on why i have quit but i can assure you that i have not been sacked. After giving good service and being one of the highest paying sponsors from 2009 i was in some financial hardship due the collapse of my fitness business which was sending me into debt and broke.

I asked the club for a favour and they declined and i feel they turned there back on me in a time of need. Lets get the facts out there in the open. After taking a big pay cut this year so the club could spend more on recruits and combined with being a sponsor i thought the club would have absolutely no issues with the favour i was asking for and if the favour was granted i would sing on for 2011 there and then.

There was also an issue of a player sleeping with/in the same bed with a girl that i was seeing at the time which i was very pissed off about at the time and nearly walked out there and then but i put it behind us for the better good of the football club.

All these factors lead to me not having the passion to play and help the Yarraville football club move forward. I knew after the Deer Park game i was done. I am also strating to rebuild my business and that requires me to be avaliable to work in between 3pm and 10pm most evenings.

Lets make no mistake the Yarraville football club has been wonderfull to me and i have very much enjoyed my time over the past two years. I think that our current president made a bad decisson for the football club at the time. Had the decission been the other way around i would be still playing there this week and would be locked in for 2011.

I look forward to playing Div 1 football again in 2011 and i wish and thank everyone at the Yarraville football club and wish them all the best in 2011 and for the future.

Hope people respect my openness and honesty on the situation.

Cant argue with that boys there it is clear as day and good on ya Cain for putting it out there .......:thumbsu: im sure u will have some of the germs on here pot ya but whats new good ol keyboard heroes love being pissweak and really theres nothing else to do but pot blokes from behind ur computer while there playing with ur tic tac ...

Good luck for the furture hope all goes well with ya buisness and footy !

After watching all the main teams play at least twice throughout here's a quick rundown and some predictions for the rest of the season:

Albanvale: much improved unit this year, have the best depth in there side as well. Whenever I watched teams struggled to kick goals against them, choke teams well do not play end to end footy as much as the other sides in the 5 they are however very diciplined which will be massive come finals time midfield is solid and an unmatched backline, up forward they are not overly tall but have multiple goal kickers every week.

Ladder Finish:1st

Standout Player: Atik (good engine hard at it solid set of skills one of the 5 premier midfielders in the comp)

Players to watch: Mohammed, Barry, Azzapardi, Cavanagh, Borg

Season Finish: Premier

Nth Footscray: Love the way they play very young and pacy play an exciting style will run and carry at all cost backing there pace and taking the game on. Have great depth in there midfield and good players scattered throughout and they will damage and kick goals. Hard team to stop when they are going however have been heavily beaten in the clearences in a couple of games against better opposition, will want to turn the tables come finals. Up forward they are pretty small and have good spreads of goal kickers but may lack a quality tall, down back they are pretty strong however can kick big scores against due to their attacking nature.

Ladder Finish: will finish 2nd or 3rd

Standout Player: Richardson (classy young player coming of a great year last year had some injuries one of the elite mid's, really strong and is excillent in and under player)

Players to watch: Arnott, B. Lucas, C. Lucas, Eldridge, Neville

Season Finish: straight sets Parkside then Deer Park will be to strong

Parkside: Really strong team have earnt the respect of the competition big bodies and step up when it counts. Have a good midfield which often wins the take aways and supplies forwards well, however probably the slowest team in the 5 big grounds may hurt them. Have a great back 6 and can match up well againts any of the other teams. Their forward line is where it will be won and lost if big moe, davis and thompson kick goals they will go very deep into the finals.

Ladder Finish: 2-4th expect them to beat deer park and nth sunshine

Standout Player: Kruegar (Big Intimidating centreman great strength and tackling qaulity player hard to stop as he wins his own ball, however hasn't been as damaging this year like in finals last year)

Players to watch: Muratore, Dunstan, Juegan, Khartibal, Thompson

Season Finish: Will get revenge on Deer Park but fall short to albanvale in the last week of the season

Deer Park: The sleeping giants in great form with win's against yarraville and nth footscray recently. There midfield is probably unmatched work really hard with some real qaulity players as we saw in last years GF can tear teams apart must be payed respect. Also have quality forward line have probably 4-5 players capable of kicking bags and is hard to stop even if you stem the delivery. There back 6 is there worry they leak goals often and when they arn't scoring fluently up the other end proves a major flaw.

Ladder finish: 3rd-4th

Standout Player: Luke Summers (had as good of a season as anyone racks it up every game his use of the footy is unmatched definitly prospers as he often escapes tag due to spread there spread of damging mids unlike some onballers from other teams)

Players to watch: Robertson, Buttigieg-Clark, Gillman, Ryan, Miceviski

Season finish: won't repeat last years heroics prelim exit for them

Yarraville: Run home hasn't helped had a productive start to the year and as expected have made the step up as one of the contenders. Good at running out of the backline and freeing up players solid midfield not quite the depth of the other 4. Really solid backline again a team that matches up well and is hard to score against, they have a bit of a workman like forward line without Mansbridge it lacks a target rely's heavily on goals from mid's.

Ladder finish: 5th

Standout player: Baker (I think he may win the comp b&f had an outstanding year in a team that isnt as littered with quality as others works so hard super quick and wins his own ball as good as anyone)

Players to watch: Willis, Green, Newton, Davidson

Season finish: 5th Knocked out in 1st round (will be better next year!)

After watching all the main teams play at least twice throughout here's a quick rundown and some predictions for the rest of the season:

Albanvale: much improved unit this year, have the best depth in there side as well. Whenever I watched teams struggled to kick goals against them, choke teams well do not play end to end footy as much as the other sides in the 5 they are however very diciplined which will be massive come finals time midfield is solid and an unmatched backline, up forward they are not overly tall but have multiple goal kickers every week.

Standout Player: Atik (good engine hard at it solid set of skills one of the 5 premier midfielders in the comp)

Nth Footscray: Love the way they play very young and pacy play an exciting style will run and carry at all cost backing there pace and taking the game on. Have great depth in there midfield and good players scattered throughout and they will damage and kick goals. Hard team to stop when they are going however have been heavily beaten in the clearences in a couple of games against better opposition, will want to turn the tables come finals. Up forward they are pretty small and have good spreads of goal kickers but may lack a quality tall, down back they are pretty strong however can kick big scores against due to their attacking nature.

Standout Player: Richardson (classy young player coming of a great year last year had some injuries one of the elite mid's, really strong and is excillent in and under player)

Parkside: Really strong team have earnt the respect of the competition big bodies and step up when it counts. Have a good midfield which often wins the take aways and supplies forwards well, however probably the slowest team in the 5 big grounds may hurt them. Have a great back 6 and can match up well againts any of the other teams. Their forward line is where it will be won and lost if big moe, davis and thompson kick goals they will go very deep into the finals.

Standout Player: Kruegar (Big Intimidating centreman great strength and tackling qaulity player hard to stop as he wins his own ball, however hasn't been as damaging this year like in finals last year)

Season Finish: Will get revenge on Deer Park but fall short to albanvale in the last week of the season

Deer Park: The sleeping giants in great form with win's against yarraville and nth footscray recently. There midfield is probably unmatched work really hard with some real qaulity players as we saw in last years GF can tear teams apart must be payed respect. Also have quality forward line have probably 4-5 players capable of kicking bags and is hard to stop even if you stem the delivery. There back 6 is there worry they leak goals often and when they arn't scoring fluently up the other end proves a major flaw.

Standout Player: Luke Summers (had as good of a season as anyone racks it up every game his use of the footy is unmatched definitly prospers as he often escapes tag due to spread there spread of damging mids unlike some onballers from other teams)

Yarraville: Run home hasn't helped had a productive start to the year and as expected have made the step up as one of the contenders. Good at running out of the backline and freeing up players solid midfield not quite the depth of the other 4. Really solid backline again a team that matches up well and is hard to score against, they have a bit of a workman like forward line without Mansbridge it lacks a target rely's heavily on goals from mid's.

Standout player: Baker (I think he may win the comp b&f had an outstanding year in a team that isnt as littered with quality as others works so hard super quick and wins his own ball as good as anyone)

Thats a good rap and just on Baker he has had a good season but Andy Willis is the best footballer in Div 2 hands down and he is the heart and sould of the Yarraville football club.

I think Yarraville can win at least 1 final and they have proven against Albanavake that i am not that big off a loss. My departure gives oppurtunity for younger guys to step up and make a name for themselves.

I think Parkside go in as slight favorites but i was impressed by Deer Park who are the best coached side in the comp. Dont know who there coach is(madigan?) but he is the best structual and stratrigical coach in my opinion.

All sides have a genuine chance from first to fifth and it looks like being a great finals in 2011.

Thats a good rap and just on Baker he has had a good season but Andy Willis is the best footballer in Div 2 hands down and he is the heart and sould of the Yarraville football club.

I think Yarraville can win at least 1 final and they have proven against Albanavake that i am not that big off a loss. My departure gives oppurtunity for younger guys to step up and make a name for themselves.

I think Parkside go in as slight favorites but i was impressed by Deer Park who are the best coached side in the comp. Dont know who there coach is(madigan?) but he is the best structual and stratrigical coach in my opinion.

All sides have a genuine chance from first to fifth and it looks like being a great finals in 2011.

Good on ya Cain. At least you put out there and you certainly make the forum an interesting read. A pity you couldn't finish the season with only a couple of games left, but as you have stated you have your own reasons.

As for the finals, no one has mentioned Coburg Districts (great wrap by the way Big Testicles). Although I think they had to beat the Devils on their own dunghill, because I can't see them beating the Cobras this weekend. Appear to have run out of puff and are missing four of their better players in Cali, Elkins, Broad and Newitt. They would have to be hot favourites to miss out with YS already a game clear of them.

Any word on Paddy Davis? Hasn't played for weeks so it must be a pretty bad hamstring injury. Can the Mapgies fit in Big Mo, Paddy, Jeugan and Thompson into the same forwardline?

Cain you have put out a very narrow minded version of things that you think meant you couldn't go on.
Were you totally up front and honest to the club and the players you lined up beside?
Did you cause any disharmony within the team/club?
Did you meet all the club expectations?
There are two or three sides to most stories, I am guessing the playing group probably sat you out the front and asked you to handball in the forward line?
I am guessing more will come to light this Thursday night on the Footy show?

Cain you have put out a very narrow minded version of things that you think meant you couldn't go on.
Were you totally up front and honest to the club and the players you lined up beside?
Did you cause any disharmony within the team/club?
Did you meet all the club expectations?
There are two or three sides to most stories, I am guessing the playing group probably sat you out the front and asked you to handball in the forward line?
I am guessing more will come to light this Thursday night on the Footy show?

I think i have been honest and trasparent and i think if you ask anyone from the president to the captain you will get nothing but positive feedback in regards to me on and off the field.

The club was great to me and i was good for them and we both go in our own direction and wish each other the best, no bad blood, no hardship just time for me to move on in 2011 for both partied. In the end me leaving frees up some space in the budget where the club can recruit some more players next year and hopefully improve.

deer park albanvale granny.......gee whizz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back