Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Since we have now the K-rock football media deciding to come on our board and engage with us ( new thing to my awareness), there really should be a very strict clean up of the usual blatant trolling and baiting regarding abusing the club and players.

Just outright embarrassing and degrading for our board for these people who are in positions connected with the club and it’s players to be reading the crap and troll nonsense that goes on here of constantly bashing the club and it’s players.

Its a forum not a fan page.

Maybe there should be a sub forum safe space for people who can't handle differing opinions and negativity.

On the eve of the new season I'd like to think all posters have been working on the following in their preseasons :

> "Stop trying to win the Internet" - it's a forum for discussion not an MMA fight - it's OK for someone to have a different opinion to yourself - respect that
> "It's only a game" - I love my Cats but I've learnt long ago not to let their performance govern my mood , life is too short for that and we all know dickheads who let something they can't control upset them to the point of distraction. Some posters are afflicted with this disease - it's predictable and boring
> "Be open to change" - The posters I become most frustrated with are the intransigent ones who never change their opinion or are never open to others views - self explanatory why this shits me
> "Support your Team" - No player goes out to deliberately under perform or spud it up. s**t canning a player is cheap and belies the efforts of them in getting there and trying to perform. I know a few young guys who have been delisted - it's not pretty to have your lifelong dream shattered - they deserve more respect

Here's to a successful 2018 for the mighty Catters :)
That puts things into perspective.

Great post. :thumbsu:

Its a forum not a fan page.

Maybe there should be a sub forum safe space for people who can't handle differing opinions and negativity.

I am not talking about differing opinions, I am talking about the people on here who enjoy for a hobby coming on here to bash and run down the club at every opportunity for their personal enjoyment and thrills. People like you who get a kick out of negativity and working other Geelong supporters up.

If you are a serious media presence or organisation such as the club officials, people like this would make you pack up your stuff and leave pretty quickly, as they are a waste of time to communicate with and just trash.

On the eve of the new season I'd like to think all posters have been working on the following in their preseasons :

> "Stop trying to win the Internet" - it's a forum for discussion not an MMA fight - it's OK for someone to have a different opinion to yourself - respect that
> "It's only a game" - I love my Cats but I've learnt long ago not to let their performance govern my mood , life is too short for that and we all know dickheads who let something they can't control upset them to the point of distraction. Some posters are afflicted with this disease - it's predictable and boring
> "Be open to change" - The posters I become most frustrated with are the intransigent ones who never change their opinion or are never open to others views - self explanatory why this shits me
> "Support your Team" - No player goes out to deliberately under perform or spud it up. s**t canning a player is cheap and belies the efforts of them in getting there and trying to perform. I know a few young guys who have been delisted - it's not pretty to have your lifelong dream shattered - they deserve more respect

Here's to a successful 2018 for the mighty Catters :)
My single pet hate is any poster coming on to abuse a player. It's gutless, emotional and immature. As you say, each of these players has been signed by the team and they do their best. That best may be below par at times, but that infuriation needs to be controlled. To not have the self- control to avoid the vitriol that often gets spewed out here is an indictment.
Matchday/post mortem threads are the worst, but I reckon to avoid reading them is the key, like avoiding the Bay.
There is no excuse though during the week when hot heads have had a time to cool off.

My single pet hate is any poster coming on to abuse a player. It's gutless, emotional and immature. As you say, each of these players has been signed by the team and they do their best. That best may be below par at times, but that infuriation needs to be controlled. To not have the self- control to avoid the vitriol that often gets spewed out here is an indictment.
Matchday/post mortem threads are the worst, but I reckon to avoid reading them is the key, like avoiding the Bay.
There is no excuse though during the week when hot heads have had a time to cool off.

Abuse them personally, yes. There's nothing wrong with criticising their football though.

MORE SPAM!!

Just another day on Bigfooty :p
what's on your intro page?
All this Chinese stuff?

Well I guess that it's time to give up the board

一旦我们拿到五十内球,我们真的很有效率的得分。我们的问题是,由于我们可怜的狂人,我们一直在中止领土

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke up to 113 alerts, the same number of emails and an sms from a board member. Thought the world was ending! :D
Somebody was busy overnight...nice and clean again now. Was only the Geelong Board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back