What personal view of your football team do you have that the majority of your fellow supporters not agree with?

Remove this Banner Ad

The way we shoe horned Burton out for Wingard was very poor regardless of the way the trade pans out.

On the other hand:

- he was in contract, so it was his choice. Many players have said "no" and had long careers at Hawthorn
- he is from SA, went home
- he negotiated his last contract with us quite hard, as a junior player
- he got a pay increase at Port
- had only been at the club 3 years

Other than hurt feelings, i don't think it was particularly out of line.

On the other hand:

- he was in contract, so it was his choice. Many players have said "no" and had long careers at Hawthorn
- he is from SA, went home
- he negotiated his last contract with us quite hard, as a junior player
- he got a pay increase at Port
- had only been at the club 3 years

Other than hurt feelings, i don't think it was particularly out of line.
He loved the club, had just bought a house here with his Mrs and once it was made clear we wanted to piss him off of course he wouldn't choose to stay

He loved the club, had just bought a house here with his Mrs and once it was made clear we wanted to piss him off of course he wouldn't choose to stay

Yeah, he had his feelings hurt. It is unfortunate.

But he didn't take the standard Hawks 3rd year player contract. He bargained hard.

I honestly do not care the Richmond 'Have the most members' or 'Have the Tiger Army'. Sure, that's a bit of fune - but I think there would be just as much pleasure following a club that has few supporters - it's more like a private group, maybe a bit more personal. I think the Bulldog flag in 2016 would have been great.

Yes I'm one of those blokes - 'That band was much better before they become popular and now everyone likes them.'

Where do I start:

*My football club has committed some diabolical off field decision making with zero accountability or responsibility taken by the administrative leaders. In turn the majority of the supporter base is so plastic that they can’t possibly comprehend the club doing any wrong.

The fact that our current chairman is the same man who oversaw the Kurt Tippett debacle and we ended up being punished more harshly than Essendon did for their drugs scandal with only one man being punished (John Reid - someone who was retiring from football anyway) is an utter disgrace. Not only that but then turning around and employing his son absolutely stinks of rewarding the fall guy. The club assured its fans ‘the truth would come out in due time exonerating them of any wrong doing’ and then just refused to ever tell anyone and said ‘too much water has gone under the bridge’.

*Our recruitment of off field roles is incestuous bordering on diabolical and we’ve essentially been turned into an enormous playground for Mark Ricciuto to bring in all his old footy mates and have them act in roles they’re not capable of performing. The majority of the AFC supporter base is too naive to see it though and is more concerned with a mentality of ‘if you don’t support Roo and his mates then you should follow P0rt!1’.

*Our measure of success isn’t winning flags and it’s merely outperforming Port Adelaide. This attitude has been spoon fed so hard to the supporters that they’re content with mediocrity (for the most part) for eternity as long as we finish above Port Adelaide and win at least one showdown per year.

*Neither SA clubs will see any significant success in the near future while the SANFL has its grubby hands all over the two clubs behind the scenes.

last one:

*Our logo looks like a velociraptor, bird and dragon had a three way and created a hideous monstrosity. Combined with our font style which looks like it was drawn by a year 8 student and we have the worst branding of any club in the league

Reading back through some of these and a few have been bang on the mark!

Fans know their stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back