List Mgmt. What to do with McCartin?

Remove this Banner Ad

That is just bad play though. Most other clubs have a loose back and the opposition can work around it. We need to work around it because a 7 man forward line won’t work. What happens if they send another loose. We can’t have an 8 man forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
why not ? if its one on one then back our boys to win the contest ... if its two on one we lose 90% of the time especially if our kicking is shithouse ... trying to copy or follow other teams set up is basically exposing all of our weaknesses and killing our strengths... we dont have a Rooey woh can have thre hanging off him and still make a contest so allowing the status quo to continue is madness

exactly ... why if your team butchers the ball by foot would you rely on pin pont passes out of defense ? we play onn extra back and he doesnt get the ball or if he does he turns it over and it sails righ back in over his head that says to me the idea of playing a loose in defence doesnt work for us ... just because thats the new trend of play doesnt mean we have to follow it especially if it doesnt work for us ...

I never said he had to be in defence or if I did I have no idea why. I said or should have said he has to hurt sides. I don't care if he plays BP HBF or just off the ball ups. As long as he hurts. I wouldn't man up in the forward line though because 7 forwards does no favours to any forward.

That is just bad play though. Most other clubs have a loose back and the opposition can work around it. We need to work around it because a 7 man forward line won’t work. What happens if they send another loose. We can’t have an 8 man forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
most other clubs can hit a target ... most other clubs can create a contest when out numbered we suck at both

why not ? if its one on one then back our boys to win the contest ... if its two on one we lose 90% of the time especially if our kicking is shithouse ... trying to copy or follow other teams set up is basically exposing all of our weaknesses and killing our strengths... we dont have a Rooey woh can have thre hanging off him and still make a contest so allowing the status quo to continue is madness

We aren't following other sides though because I'm sure you said our extra is at the contest. If we man 7 then the opposition will play 8. Exactly what they would want is to man them up. Imagine going into a forward line with 4 on 4. heaven for a forward.

I never said he had to be in defence or if I did I have no idea why. I said or should have said he has to hurt sides. I don't care if he plays BP HBF or just off the ball ups. As long as he hurts. I wouldn't man up in the forward line though because 7 forwards does no favours to any forward.
and how doese 6 forwards vs 7 defenders work out for us ? ill tell you how we are the lowest scoring team in the comp... thats how ... guys like McGovern must lick their lips at the prspect of playing us easy day at the office just sit in the hole and get intercept mark after intercept mark all day long

We aren't following other sides though because I'm sure you said our extra is at the contest. If we man 7 then the opposition will play 8. Exactly what they would want is to man them up. Imagine going into a forward line with 4 on 4. heaven for a forward.
i reckon our team as it is would much rather 8 on 8 in the forward line then the 7 on 6 they currently have ... they say the contested mark is dead well year it is cause the forward line is always favouring the defenders in numbers ... make the loose guys accountable who cares if the forward line is crowded at the moment we dont get the ball anyway may as well roll the dice and at least make a contest instead or leading to the ball only for the loose man to cut it off

and how doese 6 forwards vs 7 defenders work out for us ? ill tell you how we are the lowest scoring team in the comp... thats how ... guys like McGovern must lick their lips at the prspect of playing us easy day at the office just sit in the hole and get intercept mark after intercept mark all day long

Its not working because we cant kick. It will not work with 7 either because we still cant kick. It would increase the losing margin though. Anyway McCartin needs to add a string to his game otherwise he wont make it. No tricks at all and lack of second efforts and lack of defensive skills. None of them are effected by 6 on 7.

i reckon our team as it is would much rather 8 on 8 in the forward line then the 7 on 6 they currently have ... they say the contested mark is dead well year it is cause the forward line is always favouring the defenders in numbers ... make the loose guys accountable who cares if the forward line is crowded at the moment we dont get the ball anyway may as well roll the dice and at least make a contest instead or leading to the ball only for the loose man to cut it off

Not much point in this. I disagree with you disagree with me. Each to our own. Nothing changes the fact that Paddy needs more tricks.

Well it’s fairly straight forward to my layman view.... draft mids that can kick and hit him lace out. His personal development is intrinsically connected to the midfield.
Bring in classy ball users and the goals will come.

Thank you Sir.

Brilliant post.

So Paddy is so limited as a player that to get a kick he needs to lead in a straight line and have a player hit him lace out.
Seriously how often do people think this happens?
Even in a good side it might only happen once or twice per game tops.
This is the AFL. You have a good defender on your hammer and for a high ball there are probably three opposition players in the air spoiling.
There aren't that many easy kicks.
If your entire game relies on easy kicks then good luck....

So Paddy is so limited as a player that to get a kick he needs to lead in a straight line and have a player hit him lace out.
Seriously how often do people think this happens?
Even in a good side it might only happen once or twice per game tops.
This is the AFL. You have a good defender on your hammer and for a high ball there are probably three opposition players in the air spoiling.
There aren't that many easy kicks.
If your entire game relies on easy kicks then good luck....
This is the reality.

Yes our mids could use the ball better but you can't be a one trick pony.

Currently his second efforts and pressure are pretty relatively poor & are having a fair impact on our lack of scoring.

I have one criticism of McCartin - might be harsh but this is my opinion:

Years ago I met Max Gawn (he was a friend of my sister) at a party, this was before he became the gun that he is today. At the time he was out for a long time with a serious injury, but despite that and despite his season being essentially over he was drinking water, no alcohol. (Lovely bloke by the way.)

Looking at photos of Paddy on social media, he is often holding a beer or two and seems to love a drink. Now, I may be reading between the lines too much, who knows, but I think the reality is that Paddy has not been able to get his body right. He is clearly still holding too much weight and doesn't look like an elite athlete yet.

With Paddy's health problems, if he is serious about becoming an elite footballer I think he needs to pare back his drinking BIG TIME. None during the season and 2 beers max in the off-season (if he needs a drink in the off-season try a wine, way less calories). I think if you asked most top footy players very few would be hitting 8-10 beers at a time these days.

The good news for Paddy is he has a fairly long contract and the time to get his body right, but it is up to him to make these types of decisions and in my opinion it will help him massively.

If I'm off the mark on this I apologise.

Years ago I met Max Gawn (he was a friend of my sister) at a party, this was before he became the gun that he is today. At the time he was out for a long time with a serious injury, but despite that and despite his season being essentially over he was drinking water, no alcohol. (Lovely bloke by the way.)

Looking at photos of Paddy on social media, he is often holding a beer or two and seems to love a drink. Now, I may be reading between the lines too much, who knows, but I think the reality is that Paddy has not been able to get his body right. He is clearly still holding too much weight and doesn't look like an elite athlete yet.

With Paddy's health problems, if he is serious about becoming an elite footballer I think he needs to pare back his drinking BIG TIME. None during the season and 2 beers max in the off-season (if he needs a drink in the off-season try a wine, way less calories). I think if you asked most top footy players very few would be hitting 8-10 beers at a time these days.

The good news for Paddy is he has a fairly long contract and the time to get his body right, but it is up to him to make these types of decisions and in my opinion it will help him massively.

I think it's fair to say if paddy wants to be an afl footballer he might have to make some serious adjustments to his diet. THe only thing I'm worried about is if his diabetes restricts him from going under a certain body fat %. If that's the case we're between a rock and and a beer gut. But you hear it time and time again, how much a couple of kilos can seriously change up a person's agility and ability to cover ground. I think paddy could drop ten kilos and be a better, more mobile player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max wouldn’t of been drinking water, it would’ve been straight vodka. I can tell you first hand that he not only loves the beers, but loves nose beers too.

U drink water when you're on the gear
Lol
Even if that's the case (which it wasn't) it's still actually better than drinking 10 beers. Obviously plenty of footballers love many different substances I just don't think drinking 10 beers is any good especially for Paddy, leaving other drugs out of the discussion because it's a whole other kettle of fish.

Even if that's the case (which it wasn't) it's still actually better than drinking 10 beers. Obviously plenty of footballers love many different substances I just don't think drinking 10 beers is any good especially for Paddy, leaving other drugs out of the discussion because it's a whole other kettle of fish.
You think eating pills and doing nose wheelies is better than drinking beers for your body? Oh my.
What photos are you seeing? I just had a look on Paddy’s Instagram and the last photo with him holding a beer was taken on the 21st of October last year...
I hung out with Gears last year at lucky coq and I couldn’t keep up with him, is that really bad too? What about Lenny being carried into onesixone one night by Matty Maguire? Seriously stop looking into things so much.

Im talking about gawn on the water

But yeah
Whatevs
No biggy
I dont do either....but work closely with one

Just saying.... If and it’s a big IF , because I have no way of knowing if he does or doesn’t, as a serious diabetic Paddy should not be drinking beer at all. Fit or not fit! In season or off season. None, never, nudder!!!

You think eating pills and doing nose wheelies is better than drinking beers for your body? Oh my.
What photos are you seeing? I just had a look on Paddy’s Instagram and the last photo with him holding a beer was taken on the 21st of October last year...
I hung out with Gears last year at lucky coq and I couldn’t keep up with him, is that really bad too? What about Lenny being carried into onesixone one night by Matty Maguire? Seriously stop looking into things so much.
Saintanne has summed up what I'm getting at in her post above.

How many darts did Max have though? Loved a dart apparently

Not much point in this. I disagree with you disagree with me. Each to our own. Nothing changes the fact that Paddy needs more tricks.
lets put it this way... when we come back to Perth in a few weeks time to take on the WCE do you honestly think that Adam Simpson would be hoping we man up on McGovern making it a 7vs7 forward line or do you think that he would prefer to have him float in our forward line without an opponent cutting off our entries ? we saw how well our refusal to man up the loose man against geelong worked for us .. in a perfect world yeah you are right keeping the forward line open would be better but this season it has shown to be our biggest weakness and its killing us so why stick with something that doesnt work ?

lets put it this way... when we come back to Perth in a few weeks time to take on the WCE do you honestly think that Adam Simpson would be hoping we man up on McGovern making it a 7vs7 forward line or do you think that he would prefer to have him float in our forward line without an opponent cutting off our entries ? we saw how well our refusal to man up the loose man against geelong worked for us .. in a perfect world yeah you are right keeping the forward line open would be better but this season it has shown to be our biggest weakness and its killing us so why stick with something that doesnt work ?

We can man McGovern without making it 7 on 7. We just send someone to him who could actually play well against him to make him play on him. As I said I think its rubbish playing 7 on 7 because its to crowded and if there are any fast breaks their forward line would be 5 on 5 and kill us.

Anyway I think we will show a little more this week in the forward line as we should have just that little more pressure and second efforts. Sadly I think Paddy doesn't help our forward line at the moment. I hope he can get some tricks to do this.

I would rather take the chance with paddy than the pick we would get for him. Forget the fact he's pick 1 . He's not being paid a heap . We can't fill our salery cap at the moment anyway so we need to go and get some free agent stars if we're a half decent club .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back