What was 'the moment' of 2012 Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was worried it was going to be the joke of a free paid to Hale that got the Hawks back in it.

Morton effort or the Goodes goal fortunately ended up being the difference.

Was it Jude Bolton who said after the game that the Hannebury mark was inspirational and team lifting?

Guess we can take his word for it, he'd know :)

Is that right?... great to hear those insights. Those physical, body on the line plays would no doubt inspire those around you. If that stuck out in Bolton's mind, and was something to rouse a dwindling effort (it was the 1st quarter yeah?), then I change my vote.

Gunston "good kick" hitting the pole 25 meters out..
Goodes "gimped" gettin the lead back with a goal...

I swear I called the last 5 goals of the match.
- was in the zone watching with mates and the hawk fans trying to force me to call a Hawks goal lol

Jetta thinking he was Cyril for the first two quarters (did his knee blow out?)
Hannebery's mark
Goodes goal
Nick Malceski bookending the game with two belters
Morton creating a goal for Jack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in the blurry memory... 4 moments stand out
Hanners mark, although maybe too early to be THE moment
His goal to get us back into it
Mortons effort for Jacks goal
The Goodes goal

Probably go with the Morton/Jack play

Malceski kicking the first and last goal for Swans. I didn't see that coming.

Jetta burning off Cyril on the flank.

Goodes, playing with one good leg.

Jetta running away from Rioli was the best moment from mine. I'm sure everyone was on their feet. Will be replayed hundreds of times in the next week.

Jack's goal was probably the biggest moment. Morton did well to beat off two and an inopportune slip from Young, but a huge goal for the Swans.

Morton's fantastic effort against 2 as has been mentioned...

Jettas run as well, it lifted the whole swans team and Jetta came right into the game after, opposite effect for the Hawks and Cyril vanished

'the moment' was the siren, then listening to Brereton's FAILED attempt at defending criticism of Rioli's performance.. Ahh how sweet it is...
What did the knob say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back