Which Grand Final match-ups and results would cause the biggest BigFooty melt down?

Remove this Banner Ad

S

Surely not as funny as the saltiness from Cats supporters?

Rofl. Who the hell is salty? I’m still not getting it. I see this every time a tigers fan interacts with a cats one. Most cats fans have no issue with the tiggers and like most neutrals were going for them on GF day. You’re making s**t up to suit some sort of imaginary narrative in your head. You beat us in a QF, well done - all it did ultimately was mean that Adelaide, and not GWS knocked us out of the comp.

It’s unconmon for the chip on a supporters shoulder to grow after they win - you’ve managed it though.

Rofl. Who the hell is salty? I’m still not getting it. I see this every time a tigers fan interacts with a cats one. Most cats fans have no issue with the tiggers and like most neutrals were going for them on GF day. You’re making s**t up to suit some sort of imaginary narrative in your head. You beat us in a QF, well done - all it did ultimately was mean that Adelaide, and not GWS knocked us out of the comp.

It’s unconmon for the chip on a supporters shoulder to grow after they win - you’ve managed it though.
Please Geelong supporters have been melting since the QF

One Richmond flag has felt like 5 by any other team,the melts by media and oppo alike.

If we win back to back,big footy will no longer be in business.

Why oppo teams are playing their grand final when Richmond comes up on the fixture.

Richmond wouldn’t be top 8 in most people’s most hated teams list I reckon.
Hawthorn, Pies, Carlton, Collingwood, probably the Cats in recent years, Adelaide, Freo and West Coast - (port seem to be a little better liked by neutrals). So outside of ‘oh great, there’s a huge contingent of Richmond fans who will be crowing’ I don’t really see why back to back tigers flags would be received more poorly than a bunch of other teams winning.

Richmond wouldn’t be top 8 in most people’s most hated teams list I reckon.
Hawthorn, Pies, Carlton, Collingwood, probably the Cats in recent years, Adelaide, Freo and West Coast - (port seem to be a little better liked by neutrals). So outside of ‘oh great, there’s a huge contingent of Richmond fans who will be crowing’ I don’t really see why back to back tigers flags would be received more poorly than a bunch of other teams winning.

Pies and Collingwood are same time.

you're embarrassing yourself. nothing but salt from down the highway from the week of the qf on

keep ringing that bell tho, that was hilarious, and having ottens ring it.....classic.
was lots of fun waving goodbye to cats fans 10 mins into the last.

as for the o.p, the blues fans crashed the servers with their win over the dons, so an ess v carl gf would set this place on fire

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're embarrassing yourself. nothing but salt from down the hiighwwaay from the week of the qf on

keep ringing that bell tho, that was hilarious, and having ottens ring it.....classic.
was lots of fun waving goodbye to cats fans 10 mins into the last.

as for the o.p, the blues fans crashed the servers with their win over the dons, so an ess v carl gf would set this place on fire

Rofl. Get off the party powder mate. If you’re bollocks grew any bigger from a QF win they’d be leaving tracks in the dirt.

North beating Richmond this year and meeting every frenzied post about how many members they have and Dusty not wanting to go to a minnow club with:

Remember that couple of months when you were actually better than us?

Would drive some of them to break into Chief, the most stable genius,s house to smash the servers with a crowbar.

North with their 20,000 fans celebrating their premiership win but Richmond supporters celebrating saying “ who cares about a premiership we are celebrating coz we have 100,000 members”

Collingwood v Carlton easily. Collingwood supporter’s would all be shitting themselves attending churches and praying “please god not again, not another loss to the scum”

Rofl. Get off the party powder mate. If you’re bollocks grew any bigger from a QF win they’d be leaving tracks in the dirt.
if true and we're so happy,,,,,,,,,then where's the salt from us?

a roos v cats gf would lead to unprecedented salt levels from the losers

we'd need a 2nd desal plant

I’d like to finish 3rd, play say geelong who finishes 2nd, beat them at the g and then play the crows or eagles or swans at the g after they finished 1st. And win controversially with a non holding the ball decision against dusty who kicks on the siren to jack. Jack then kicks one of his famed “junk time” goals in junk time passing through the bent fingers of the man on the mark with the resulting review overturning the goal umpires original decision of a touched behind. Tigers by 1 point.

It’s more fun finishing 7th, and beating them on their own dung heap.

A showdown grand final would turn this entire website into a nuclear waste dump for at least a year, and probably destroy the entire state of South Australia. No matchup would come close to it in my very biased opinion.

Hawks v Geelong... either winning. By far.. this would be the rematch that never was.... after 08 during the "kennett curse" era I think the whole footy world apart from the desire to see their own club get up would have loved a GF rematch between the 2 in that 2009-2012 period. Some will argue 2013 was basically that.

For extra melts:
Hawks winning with Rioli having a 2nd norm smith medal rated performance
Geelong winning via Duckwood freekicks in the last quarter

Either way 89 and 08 still burns deep in the cockles of Cats fans hearts and a victory over us in a GF would mean a lot to them, Hawks winning again would probably melt Bigfooty back to windows 98 stats.

Other alternatives which would result in sizeable melts...
Adelaide v Power
Eagles v Dockers
GWS v anyone (GWS winning)
Essendon v anyone (Essendon winning, fairytale narrative)
to a lesser extent..
Sydney v Hawks (Sydney winning, "Buddy contract was a success" and "Bloods Kulcha" narrative)
Richmond v anyone (Richmond losing)

Surprised that hasn’t been said yet. Regardless of the winner there would be a lot of vitriol on bigfooty.

Counter question, what would the most vanilla GF matchup causing zero angst or s**t fights on Big footy?

I’m struggling to think of a matchup without any spice or where you can’t think of an angle.

Gold Coast v Fremantle would be fairly vanilla (1st flag for both being the only factor that makes it remotely interesting)
Gold Coast v GWS would be pretty crap too

Tbh anything containing Gold Coast instantly earns vanilla status.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back