Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless injured, I see no reason why McKenzie wouldn't play round 1.

Serious talent that lad.

I think he will definitely cement himself as best/starting 22 player for the Hawkers sometime this season.
Has been training the house down, I know it’s said a lot but he and MacDonald + Ward have played significantly more time on ball and are showing their immense talent and class. He is also versatile and has an extremely high ceiling does Cam MacKenzie, don’t have him as a lock, but probable to play Round 1.

Now, compare that to who we had as sub today on a perfect 29 degree day in Melbourne

With the exception of North (I don't think anyone would have tipped North against GWS) I think you could argue that both the Crows and Hawks lost at selection today.

Finn and Shiels are both endurance machines. Not guys to come on and impact a game.

Soligo is good enough to play four quarters.

Really bizarre sub selection from all 3 teams.

Soligo completely changed the game when he came on. Looks like he's built for wet weather footy.

Bizarre sub selection and team selection on a wet day to go in with so many talls for the Crows.

Has recovered from an ankle injury from a few weeks ago but there a suggestion that his conditioning wasn’t back to 100% yet

Soligo completely changed the game when he came on. Looks like he's built for wet weather footy.

Bizarre sub selection and team selection on a wet day to go in with so many talls for the Crows.
Every Adelaide supporter agrees with you

I was trying to explain the other guy's point that if you are going to make it as a physical explosive inside mid, it tends to help when you are significantly bigger than wardlaw. He will get bashed. A lot. And that is tough when everyone is bigger than you. Using Danger as an example, he is 9cm taller, significantly broader and about 20 percent heavier. It is a massive physical difference in a fairly violent part of the ground.

It is a concern as midfields just get bigger and bigger, but guys like Lachie neale and Tom Mitchell did pretty darn well not being huge. To me it really just comes down to his hamstrings. He looks seriously good.
So other than dangerfield, name another like him?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was trying to explain the other guy's point that if you are going to make it as a physical explosive inside mid, it tends to help when you are significantly bigger than wardlaw. He will get bashed. A lot. And that is tough when everyone is bigger than you. Using Danger as an example, he is 9cm taller, significantly broader and about 20 percent heavier. It is a massive physical difference in a fairly violent part of the ground.

It is a concern as midfields just get bigger and bigger, but guys like Lachie neale and Tom Mitchell did pretty darn well not being huge. To me it really just comes down to his hamstrings. He looks seriously good.
Too small eyyy? Search up Andrew McLeod, Luke Ball, Michael Voss. Wardlaw is very similar to voss

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide you thought you escaped

one of us GIF

Really would be querying how you can spend 6 years out of finals and your midfield is Crouch, Dawson, Laird, Keays and O'Brien.
Ages 29, 27, 30, 27 and 29 by seasons end. That's an age bracket for a midfield at a contending club.

Saw this post on space Karen’s app.

It probably says a bit about the development of North’s youth that was being discussed above that only 3 players out of 13 named are U23 and seen as locks for Round 1 by one of their own fanatical supporters when the list is full of so many(22) of them.

At round 2, locks or no locks, north couldn’t really play too many more U23’s

Also Powell, Dursma, Curtis, Goater, all “locks” from your twitter mates list.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpeg
    IMG_0493.jpeg
    954.2 KB · Views: 43
At round 2, locks or no locks, north couldn’t really play too many more U23’s

Also Powell, Dursma, Curtis, Goater, all “locks” from your twitter mates list.
Kind odd that you'd feel the need to revisit, but now take the Sub and the player who was subbed out of those numbers.

Pretty over-reactive analysis. We've played the game style they are bemoaning for exactly 1 quarter in Sam Mitchell's entire tenure. We are normally a fast, attacking team (and reverted to such after quarter time). We tried something different for a quarter (because May, Lever and Gawn have destroyed us with intercepts in previous encounters). "Avoiding long down the line" was probably implemented far more strictly (and slowly) than planned and it was scrapped after quarter time. We've not played that way in any other game so I don't think it is really worth a big implication analysis.

Pretty over-reactive analysis. We've played the game style they are bemoaning for exactly 1 quarter in Sam Mitchell's entire tenure. We are normally a fast, attacking team (and reverted to such after quarter time). We tried something different for a quarter (because May, Lever and Gawn have destroyed us with intercepts in previous encounters). "Avoiding long down the line" was probably implemented far more strictly (and slowly) than planned and it was scrapped after quarter time. We've not played that way in any other game so I don't think it is really worth a big implication analysis.

I thought it was pretty harsh.

Melbourne are a top 4 contender and you had a bad day.

End of.

The whole game plan was "offensive" was surely click bait from a few of the analysts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back