Which Tiger from the 90s-00s would you slot into todays line up if you could? (No Richo!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron, Gale, Campbell & especially Tambling shouldn't make it
Foley had 2 maybe 3 great seasons, but injury affecting most of his career probably doesn't earn a spot either
I don't think Bowden would fit in with our high intensity game style either, he was too laconic
I won't complain too much about Brown as he would be a great fit at full health, we didn't get to see much of that form at Richmond though, so using the same logic as Foley, I'm not sure he would make it either
Gaspar I can accept now that Rance has gone, Ottens for sure and Knights would fit too

I think you're being far too harsh on our role players by leaving them out. You've left out multiple dual premiership players.

I'm not being harsh, but the idea is to consider which might have been better. I used our premiership team from 2019 as the template, so no Rance included.

I think Tambling, in our modern team, with the coaching we have, would be better than our current small forwards. He was ultra quick with elite skills. Just got reamed by the Richmond we were back then.

Foley was an absolute jet, and a clear upgrade on Ellis.

Gale was as good as, if not better in the ruck, than both Nank and Soldo. Plus he could play key forward or back in a pinch.

Bowden was a gun, great skills, great guy. Sure, he mightn't fit into a game with modern intensity with the way he played in his era, but he is an upgrade on Caddy imo. Absolute jet. In the modern era his game could adjust.

And Wayne Campbell definitely makes it. Won the JD medal four times and was top 3 in the JD medal 8 times. Outstanding footballer.

And Leon Cameron was a gun. Silky skills off half back, one of the guys who invented that half back quarterback role that changed the game.

I did forget Stack, who I rate highly, and Deledio who of course would make it.

So I can't pick richo and I guess I can't pick lids, Ben cousin probably not allowed to pick him so I'll go with Mark coughlan, wish this guy never got injured was a seriously good player

I'm not being harsh, but the idea is to consider which might have been better. I used our premiership team from 2019 as the template, so no Rance included.

I think Tambling, in our modern team, with the coaching we have, would be better than our current small forwards. He was ultra quick with elite skills. Just got reamed by the Richmond we were back then.

Foley was an absolute jet, and a clear upgrade on Ellis.

Gale was as good as, if not better in the ruck, than both Nank and Soldo. Plus he could play key forward or back in a pinch.

Bowden was a gun, great skills, great guy. Sure, he mightn't fit into a game with modern intensity with the way he played in his era, but he is an upgrade on Caddy imo. Absolute jet. In the modern era his game could adjust.

And Wayne Campbell definitely makes it. Won the JD medal four times and was top 3 in the JD medal 8 times. Outstanding footballer.

And Leon Cameron was a gun. Silky skills off half back, one of the guys who invented that half back quarterback role that changed the game.

I did forget Stack, who I rate highly, and Deledio who of course would make it.
My recollection of Gale as a ruckman...ordinary but was needed at the time...better as a big man marking around the ground!
Prefer both Nank and Soldo over the CEO!
If Grigga could get a game in this side so could Bowden!
Wayne Campbell...yes but why?! we already have a plethora of mids and I would take either Tucky or Knighta!
Cameron would be a great get, a mini short, of HBF...him and houli would both tear it up...
For out and out balance I reckon Cameron is a good fit with least disruption to the current side...
Lids for George maybe...those strong marking hands, good kicking, pace!
Foley simply for his zippyiness...but I would prefer the grunt of Tuck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back