Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is going to be Essendon and Western that drop out. I think that Hawthorn makes their way back into the top 8, and I think that Port and Carlton will be competing for the 8th spot.

C
If Collingwood drop out of contention or even the top 8 as a whole, it will most likely be due to the departure of Justin Longmuir as defensive coach. Our back line was solely responsible for at least half of our wins in 2019 and in his two seasons at the club, he made our defence one of the strongest and most consistent going around. The importance of a great assistant coach can never be underestimated. Sydney were a defensive juggernaut until Stewy Dew left and they've been on the decline since. Port Adelaide looked like being strong contenders for many years until Walsh and Richo left after 2014. Having no Longmuir at the helm is my biggest concern heading into 2020 because I thought he was the best coach at the club, and undoubtedly the best assistant.
Could you say the same for caracella at Richmond as Richmond we’re 7th-10th before he came on board and then premiers the year he joined. Now he’s at Essendon. That helps Essendon stay in the 8 while costing Richmond a few positions. You’d think the system is in place already though now.

I would fully expect Essendon to maintain their position in the 8 and/or improve to 4th-6th if their system is improved with BC involved.

my prediction: Collingwood will miss the 8 for Hawthorn, while Richmond will come back to the field with a fall to 5th-6th and Geelong will fall to 7th-8th.

West Coast
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Brisbane
Richmond
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn

C

Could you say the same for caracella at Richmond as Richmond we’re 7th-10th before he came on board and then premiers the year he joined. Now he’s at Essendon. That helps Essendon stay in the 8 while costing Richmond a few positions. You’d think the system is in place already though now.

I would fully expect Essendon to maintain their position in the 8 and/or improve to 4th-6th if their system is improved with BC involved.

my prediction: Collingwood will miss the 8 for Hawthorn, while Richmond will come back to the field with a fall to 5th-6th and Geelong will fall to 7th-8th.

West Coast
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Brisbane
Richmond
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn

lol you had Essendon finishing 17th a few weeks ago.

West Coast if they cop one our two injuries. Incredibly poor depth.

Collingwood may slide as well. That GF loss to WCE and then the prelim final loss to GWS would be to hard to overcome mentally. Think they could be cooked.

West coast and poor depth, hahahahaha that's funny. Did you write that sittin down or is that your stand up stuff?

Not funny on the Pies though, could be on the money there.

I see Carlton doing it in 2021. Not 2020.

But given the number of older players they have its a small window.
Older players? 4 - Murphy Kruezer Simpson Betts (over 30) - all are replaceable (Stocker Pittonet/TDK Newman and Cuningham/Martin) everyone else in our best 22 will be under 27 years old from 2021 onwards. The window may be huge.
You could include Curnow and Casboult but both will be replaced easily and Casboult may not even get games despite his excellent finish to 2019.

Older players? 4 - Murphy Kruezer Simpson Betts (over 30) - all are replaceable (Stocker Pittonet/TDK Newman and Cuningham/Martin) everyone else in our best 22 will be under 27 years old from 2021 onwards. The window may be huge.
You could include Curnow and Casboult but both will be replaced easily and Casboult may not even get games despite his excellent finish to 2019.

Look at Carlton's top 10 B and F for the last 2 years.

Way more older players than younger.

Compare to Hawthorn. Yet for some reason we are in trouble.

Look at Carlton's top 10 B and F for the last 2 years.

Way more older players than younger.

Compare to Hawthorn. Yet for some reason we are in trouble.
Injuries have had a huge impact last two years. We’re due for a solid one. Only 3 injured atm which is a start.

mckay Charlie Cuningham Fisher Docherty all make top 10 BnF if they stayed on the park.

2019 BnF Under 25s
Carlton 4/10 Hawks 2/10 (2 players aged 25 start of season omeara and Sicily)

2018 BnF under 25s
Carlton 3/10 Hawks 2/10

you be the judge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries have had a huge impact last two years. We’re due for a solid one. Only 3 injured atm which is a start.

mckay Charlie Cuningham Fisher Docherty all make top 10 BnF if they stayed on the park.

2019 BnF Under 25s
Carlton 4/10 Hawks 2/10 (2 players aged 25 start of season omeara and Sicily)

2018 BnF under 25s
Carlton 3/10 Hawks 2/10

you be the judge

Players retire around 25?

Do it for 28 and then 30.

As much as I'd love to see Geelong drop out of the 8 they won't, they a;ways find a way to hang around. Realistically speaking, probably Essendon (hopefully for us).

25 isnt old. 30 is.

Look at the last 2 years. Your best players are old.

Cripps is carrying the rest.
I didn’t say 25 is old. I chose a number. We could look at how many players in the top 10 are 30 if you like. You debated that we have older players in our top 10. We don’t. We have more younger players also.

25 isnt old. 30 is.

Look at the last 2 years. Your best players are old.

Cripps is carrying the rest.

Carlton (over 30s BnF) 2/10
hawthorn 3/10

carlton average age - 26.1
Hawthorn average age - 26.3

you can also take into account distribution of the older players. Our two oldest players came 8th and 9th. Whereas hawthorns two oldest came 2nd and 8th.

Despite having two players older than every player in hawthorns top 10. They still have a younger 10 on average. What does that tell you?

Are you satisfied yet?

Carlton (over 30s BnF) 2/10
hawthorn 3/10

carlton average age - 26.1
Hawthorn average age - 26.3

you can also take into account distribution of the older players. Our two oldest players came 8th and 9th. Whereas hawthorns two oldest came 2nd and 8th.

Despite having two players older than every player in hawthorns top 10. They still have a younger 10 on average. What does that tell you?

Are you satisfied yet?

When you do 28 then Carlton have 5 / 10. I think it was 6 in 2018?

C

West Coast
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Brisbane
Richmond
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn

I read this more out of hope then what you believe is fact and will happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back