Who is the most frustrating team to follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

They have won 2 flags in the 90s ffs.
Every one is Veruca Salt compared to Richmond supporters and we STILL have the third biggest membership in the league.

The 90s GFs were nearly 20 years ago. While that doesn't compare to Tigers/WB/Saints/Dees etc, it's still basically another generation ago.

However, disregarding that, my answer was based on the teams as they currently stand (past 3-4 season - results v expectations) rather than a more historical view of the clubs in general. The Q was about a frustrating team to follow - not which club has been starved of success. We can just look at the record books to answer that one.

The 90s GFs were nearly 20 years ago. While that doesn't compare to Tigers/WB/Saints/Dees etc, it's still basically another generation ago.

However, disregarding that, my answer was based on the teams as they currently stand (past 3-4 season - results v expectations) rather than a more historical view of the clubs in general. The Q was about a frustrating team to follow - not which club has been starved of success. We can just look at the record books to answer that one.
I saw both live. I can die a happy man with no frustrations.

Richmond.... considering they are not even my team they frustrate the hell outta me!!!!

North can be frustrating wasnt the case back in the 90's though.....

Doggies
Dees
Freo

round out the 5

Four years of finals out of the past 33.
Close thread.

Yeah - and 5 flags and 7 grand finals in the 15 years prior to that - so it depends how old you are

Its Melb for me - back end of the 60s they were hopeless - most of the 70s ( except 76) they were hopeless - in the 80s up to about round 18 of 1987 they were hopeless - even in the 90s they were hopelessly inconsistent- top 4 then bottom 4 - had to sell their home game against Eagles - and play it at Subiaco - and the last 10 years theve been beyond hopeless - fancy losing by 186 points ( pity it wasnt 200)

Melbourne by the length of the Randwick Straight

In my lifetime it would be Richmond. The ammount of years they have started horribly then fallen agonisingly short of finals would do my head in. It sets their supporters up thinking they'll make the 8 the following year before around round 5 when they realise they aren't very good then they make a late charge again and miss the 8.

They drop games they should win reguarly. They win games they shouldn't which gives false hope.

It would also be frustrating having to rebuild a rebuild before making the finals.

It's been groundhog day at Richmond in the time I've been alive and I respect their supporters for showing up each week.

A lot of people say Richmond but to be honest I thinkthey have been more disappointing than frustrating.

Not sure how you could go past the Saints. 1 flag in 118 years but have given up leads in 3 grand finals since 1997 to lose them all. Throw in 1971 where we led at 3/4 time and you have 4 flags they could have/should have won but lost.

Whilst Doggies and Dees could also make a case they have not been as close to earn the frustrating tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between 1959 and 1989 I doubt you could find any team more frustrating than Collingwood. How many finals series? How many grand finals and yet zero to show for it all. That's what I call frustrating!

We are easy to tip - follow the odds.

Underdogs v Crows - lost
Favs v Bris - won
Underdogs v Port - lost
Favs v Cats - win.

Don't over complicate it.
So different to Richmond

Favs vs Carl - won
Favs vs WB - lost
Favs vs Bris - won
Favs vs Melbourne - lost

It'd have to be Richmond over my lifetime (30 years). Though admittedly supporting Essendon has been far from enjoyable over the past few years. Supporting Melbourne would have been incredibly frustrating in the post-Daniher era.

With the exception of Richmond (and obviously GWS and GC), every other team has enjoyed some period of sustained success over the past couple of decades. Even Fremantle, have made a grand final and a couple of preliminary finals over that period.

I dare someone to nominate a team that isn't Essendon.

North Melbourne. I double dog dare you to s**t in a coffee cup and lick it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back